Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Of Dragons and Weddings

by SilverWolf7007 17 reviews

Harry just wanted chocolate cake. Of course, he did not factor Luna Lovegood into his afternoon...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Harry, Luna - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-08 - 574 words - Complete

5Funny
Of Dragons and Weddings

Three weeks into term, Harry decided that fifth year sucked. Fifth year also had not contained enough chocolate cake so far, and so Harry had gone down to the kitchens for Sunday afternoon snack.

He had been surprised to find that Luna Lovegood was already there, and eating chocolate cake, but shook it off and joined her. She seemed quite pleased with the company, and introduced Harry to the delights of chocolate cake dipped in pumpkin juice (he was certain that when Hermione found out, she would be horrified).

Of course, it wasn't long before the conversation ended up in a place Harry couldn't have ever predicted, no matter how weird his dreams got.

"Harry, I think we should get married."

He choked on his pumpkin juice and turned to stare at Luna in utter astonishment. "/Married/?"

Staring him in the eye, she nodded earnestly. "Oh yes. You see, when two people love each other very much -"

"Er, Luna -"

"And want to spend the rest of their lives together -"

"/Luna/."

She blinked. "Yes, Harry?"

Harry carefully set his glass back on the table before raising an eyebrow at her. "Don't you think that maybe it's a little early in our relationship for marriage?"

Luna gave him an honestly surprised look. "What makes you say that?"

"Well...we haven't exactly known each other very long, have we?"

"We have been attending the same school for the past three years."

"Yes, but...aren't we a little young?"

She shrugged. "We don't have to do it right now," she reasoned. "After all, I haven't finished eating my cake yet, and I don't have a wedding dress."

Harry was beginning to feel somewhat desperate. "Shouldn't we date, first? See if we get along? And then there's engagement, and I've always been a fan of very long engagements..."

Luna was giving him what he thought might have been a pleading look on another girl, but on Luna just seemed wistful. "It would be awfully nice to get married, Harry, and I like you. You don't laugh at me. And my mother always used to tell me that I would grow up to marry a mentally unstable young wizard who may at some point take over the wizarding world."

Harry stared at her. "Oh."

"Perhaps this was a little premature," she reconsidered. Harry felt relief crashing down upon him, and then a little bit of dread, as he realised that Luna hadn't finished. "After all, I think you're supposed to rescue me from a dragon first."

"I see...I'll keep that in mind."

*

One year and four months later, Harry found Draco Malfoy harassing Luna outside the Great Hall, and turned the Slytherin's blond hair into a lion's mane. Malfoy swore at him and left, desperately trying to fix his hair.

Harry turned and looked at Luna. She smiled up at him dreamily. "My hero, always there to save the day..."

He rolled his eyes but grinned back. "You're welcome. You okay?"

"Just fine. Cake?"

He shrugged. "Sure." They began walking in the direction of the kitchens.

"Draco is Latin for dragon, did you know that?"

Harry blinked, a little confused. "Uh, yes, I did. Why?"

Luna smiled, and Harry would have sworn it was a smirk. "You rescued me from the dragon, is all."

"Ah."

"Quite. Summer wedding okay with you?"

Harry considered protesting, but decided not to bother. "Sure."

She beamed at him. "Excellent."
Sign up to rate and review this story