Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Will Always Be The B-Side To My Tongue

The World's Not Waiting

by ScarsNStories 1 review

Four guys in a band living in one house. What could be funnier than that? Throw in two girls, a handful of humor, a pinch of romance, and one tablespoon of drama and you've got something interestin...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-09 - Updated: 2007-02-09 - 2185 words - Complete

0Unrated
(((So... I'm thinking you guys pretty much hate me right now, so how about a few chapters, since they're just kind of sitting there...
Uhh, three at once.
I'm in a very FOB mood since the new CD came out.
Seriously, if you don't have it, you're missing out...)))




My Heart Will Always Be the B-Side to My Tongue
Chapter Ten: The World's Not Waiting


This might just be a waste of time
There's no one I'd rather waste
My time with than all my best friends


x----------------------------x

Cait and Tara stood at the end of the pool on either side of the diving board, clad in black bikinis. Tara's was, obviously, a little skimpier than Cait's. The only difference really was Tara's had a pink flower on one side of the top and on the bottom, and Cait's was a skin colored tan with black lace over it. And if you pulled the ties on the sides and backs of their bathing suits, they'd come undone.

"I'm not sure I really wanna..." Cait said, sticking her foot in the water.

"I don't wanna either... I'm one of those people who take forever to get in, so jumping is a bad idea..." Tara said, looking at the water as if it would eat her if she got in.

The boys were all in the pool already, and Andy and Joe were floating just a few feet away from the girls. "You guys are wimps, just get in..." Andy called to them, splashing their feet.

Both girls backed up. "Come on, water's fine!" Joe called.

But before Tara and Cait could do anything else, Patrick and Pete came up from behind them and pushed them into the water. It had obviously been a group effort. Andy and Joe distract them while Pat and Pete sneak up behind them, and then Pat and Pete could push them in when they least expected it.

Cait surfaced and sort of coughed and gasped at the same time. She didn't really have time to hold her breath before Pat pushed her, so she was coughing up water. Tara surfaced a second later, to Cait's left. She flipped her hair over her head, and smoothed it down with her hands, coughing in much the same way Cait was.

They glared at the boys who now stood where they had moments ago. "Funny... That's the kind of 'Haha I could have /died/,' funny..." Cait said sarcastically. Patrick just smiled at her, then jumped into the water, splashing a good amount of it right in her face. She looked at Tara. "They never give up do they?"

"Nope. They're boys; it's their job on this Earth to annoy the crap out of their girls..." Tara responded, splashing Pete back as he surfaced from his cannonball. He swam close to Tara and grabbed her as he pushed himself underwater.

Cait laughed, and swam to the shallow end of the pool. She sat down on the steps, and just kind of watched as Tara got her revenge on Pete.

"Bored already? Was this not your idea?" Patrick asked as he swam up to her.

"Shut up you..." She said, poking his side.

He grabbed her arm. "Ohh, no. There will be no poking. Poking always leads to something bad."

"Excuse me? Something bad?" Cait asked, flicking some water at Patrick.

"No, no, no, no, no! That's not what I meant! I meant something good, but bad in public, unless your Tara or Pete!" Pat said, looking down at the other end of the pool, where, as a matter of fact, Tara and Pete were making out under the diving board. "See?" He pointed.

Cait looked at the two of them and laughed. "Hey, it's so much better than them always yelling at each other all the time..."

"True, we did a good job patching that up." Patrick replied, sliding his arm around Cait's waist.

"And it brought us closer together, too." Cait said, kissing Pat's cheek. He blushed and she laughed. "You really are shy aren't you?"

"Just a little bit." He mumbled, looking down at the water. Cait rolled her eyes.

"Well you need to get over that." She said, nudging him with her shoulder. She sighed and stood up out of the water. "I'm freezing, I'll be over there," She pointed at a pair of lawn chairs, "If you need me." She patted his head and walked over to the chair.

Tara spotted her getting out of the water and followed suit. The two of them laid down on their stomachs and started to dry off.

The guys all went inside the house, wearing grins on their faces. Cait spotted them going inside. "Uhh, Tar, you know what that was about?"

"What?" Tara asked, looking up. The boys were standing just in front of the window, and they probably didn't know it was open. "Oh, they're plotting something..."

"They're not plotting, they're scheming... Plotting looks different." Cait said. "I'm kind of afraid of exactly what their scheme is though..."

"Yeah me too..." Tara said. "Probably nothing important though..." She replied, putting her head down again. Cait did the same.

x----------------------------x

About twenty minutes later, the boys snuck back outside. Andy and Joe grabbed the girls' towels off the ground, and Pete and Patrick tried not to laugh as they untied the girls' bathing suit tops, trying not to wake them up. Patrick looked up at Pete once he had Cait's top untied. Pete had Tara's undone as well.

"On three... One, two-," Pete said, but both of the boys pulled their tops and ran before Pete got to three. The four of them ran inside, towels and tops in their hands, and hid.

Tara was aware of what happened first. "Cait, whatever you do, do not sit up!" Cait looked at Tara, one eyebrow raised.

"What are you talking about you loon?" Cait asked.

"Our bathing suit tops are gone..."

"That's what they were scheming..."

Tara looked around. "And by the looks of it, they took our towels too..."

"What assholes..." Cait replied, looking around the backyard. "How will we get inside?"

Tara sighed. "There's one way..."

"What?" Cait said, spotting the stack of pool toys in the corner, not too far from their chairs.

The girls looked at each other, then put their hands over their chests for a minute as they got up and ran to the pile. Each grabbed the first thing they could, Tara: a tube, Cait: a raft, and went to go inside.

The guys were standing inside as they got inside, laughing hysterically. Tara and Cait walked up to their respective boyfriends, and slapped them both across the face at the same time, then stomped off up the stairs, only to drop the tube and raft down as they got to the top and darted to their rooms.

Patrick shook his head, suddenly realizing that taking Cait's bathing suit top was, in fact, not a good idea. "Shit..." He mumbled, before sprinting up the stairs after her.

He knocked on her door, but she didn't respond. "Caitie? It's Patrick... Can I come in?"

"Go away... I'm getting changed." Came her reply a moment later.

"B-but Cait! I need to talk to you!" He said through the door, really not wanting to tell her he was sorry through the door. He wanted to say it in person; it was much more sincere that way.

There was no response this time. But a minute later, Cait walked over to the door and opened it a tiny bit. "What?" She snapped, looking through the crack in the door.

"Can I just come in so I can talk to you for a minute?" Patrick practically begged.

Cait didn't say anything; she just rolled her eyes and walked over to her bed. Patrick sighed, and pushed her door open, closing it behind him as he walked over and sat next to Cait. "Caitie, I'm sorry..."

"I know you are... Why else would you have come up here?" She said, avoiding his eyes.

"Caitie, look at me..." She didn't. "Look at me, please?" She still didn't. "Come on," Patrick said finally, putting his fingers under her chin and turning her face towards him. "I'm sorry... I won't ever do that again. It was wrong, and I know that now. I was just caught up in the fun. But it was the wrong kind of fun... Can you forgive me please?"

Cait sniffled. She felt like she was on the verge of tears for some reason or another. "Maybe..." She said stubbornly.

Patrick sighed again. "Cait, I said I was sorry..." His voice cracked. Cait closed her eyes for a second, then leaned forward and wrapped her arms around Patrick's neck.

"Promise me one thing, and I'll forgive you..." Cait mumbled into his neck.

"Anything, I'd do anything for you, Caitie." Patrick replied, hugging her close.

"Promise me you'll try and be less shy, and I'll forgive you."

"I'll try my hardest," Patrick said quietly as he let go of Cait. He smiled at her, and put his hands gently on her cheeks. "You're still beautiful, you know that right? Even when you're sad you're beautiful..." He smiled at her, and kissed her slowly, trying to make up for hurting her.

"I mean around everyone else... But that was nice." She said with a smile. She moved herself so she was sitting on Patrick's lap and snuggled into his arms. He smiled, and kissed her forehead. "Sorry for freaking out on you..." Cait said quietly after a minute or two.

"Caitie, its fine. It was wrong of me to do that to you. You had every right to get mad at me..." Patrick responded, lying back onto Cait's bed. Cait moved with him, snuggling back into his arms once they settled.

"I've missed you Caitie..." Patrick whispered. She gave him a weird look. He smiled and kissed her.

"Mmm, I think I know what you mean." Cait mumbled, closing her eyes as she kissed him back. There was just something about him that made her completely crazy. Crazy in a good way though. Not to mention every time they kissed, he managed to send chills down her spine and make the hair on the back of her neck stand on end.

Patrick thought the same thing about Cait. He had never seen himself as a romantic in any way shape or form. But something in Cait brought that out in him. And, although he would never be able to tell you exactly what it was, he loved it.

If you looked at the couple, you'd never be able to tell that they were so deeply romantic. But if you got inside either of their heads, it'd be much clearer.

Cait opened her eyes and looked at Patrick. He smiled at her. He loved her eyes; they were so deep, so green. They were just beautiful. But she thought they were nothing compared to his steel blue eyes. It was something that she especially loved about him; his eyes were the most beautiful color she'd ever seen.

Cait laughed, and got up, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Patrick smiled as she climbed back onto the bed, sitting on his stomach. "Hey beautiful, what ya doing?" He asked her, smiling.

"Nothin'." She responded, leaning forward to kiss him, but not quite being able to. Patrick laughed again. Cait had switched into playful mode for one reason or another. She stuck her tongue out at him, and pulled off his hat, which had been preventing her from getting to him. She put it on her own head, sideways of course, and kissed him.

The two of them were having fun enjoying their intimate moment, seeing as it was hard to have any in this house and it had been their first real time together since the thunder storm.

But that was soon to be ruined. Tara stuck her head in Cait's door. "Why me?" She moaned, upon seeing Cait on top of Patrick. "Sorry to ruin your moment, but dinner's ready..." She said, smiling at Cait.

If you asked Tara, she would have told you that she thought Patrick and Cait were the cutest couple in the world. They'd never had an argument, besides today, and that was a relatively tiny one.

The reason she was so creeped out by it was that it just seemed odd to see romance in action. She'd always had a first person view of it, and never a third person.

And it was especially strange that Cait and Patrick's relationship had changed so quickly, which was why Tara had always questioned it in the back of her mind.

Tara rolled her eyes and closed the door slowly. Cait looked down at Patrick. "Sorry..."

"Don't be, it's not your fault Tara has a tendency to walk in on us." Patrick replied, taking Cait's face in his hands and kissing her one last time. She beamed, climbing off of him slowly, and they headed downstairs hand in hand for dinner.
Sign up to rate and review this story