Categories > Original > Drama

To the Point of Angsting

by NarutoAndSasuke4ever 1 review

Is everything perfect? I doubt it...

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2007-02-09 - Updated: 2007-02-10 - 792 words - Complete

1Original
And to think it all turned out like this.

Dreams blowing up into dust and smoke. Lives being ripped apart by loss and unrequited love. The feeling of having to belong is almost as great as the feeling you have of wanting to be alone. The two feelings contradict each other.

You want to belong.

You want to have friends.

You want to see your dreams come true.

You want to love.

But maybe some dreams can't come true. Maybe the dreams blow up in your face. It's like a nightmare. You can't wake up from nightmares until the damage from the dream has been done: the fear burned into your mind, the disappointment and failure waving like a flag in front of your face, the hurt of the love you throw upon someone only to discover that it was never returned. The ache in your heart after the nightmare can only be healed by the feeling of having to belong. This feeling lifts a person higher than the clouds until the realization dawns on them.

They don't belong.

Again, they sink into loneliness and despair. No one can help them. They try to talk, but no one listens. The few people do listen don't help much even though the effort they put into trying to help is enormous. Finally, some people are pulled out of this despair while others sink farther in.

It has to end. It all has to end.

Finally it does, and everything gets better.

Everything gets better.

Everything gets brighter.

Everything gets darker.

You don't want to end up like they did. What would your parents say? That's right. "Family." What does the word mean? You have no family. Family is supposed to be there to laugh with you, cry with you, dance with you, and yell with you. What you have is a Thing who doesn't understand, a Thing in which you have no part or place to belong. All you have are shadows to fall under, only seeing the light to be met with the disappointing gaze of the people over you.

What is the light? Indifference, individuality, freedom to see, freedom to live, images, color, life.

What is the shadow in which you always stand? Darkness, nothingness, imprisonment, blackness, sameness.

Nothing is in the blinding darkness. You gaze at the light hoping to reach it, but you're afraid of the people there. Afraid of disappointment, error, judgment, and failure. So you hide in the shadows. Following and standing in an outline drawn by the people in the light.

Why do you chase the light? The chances and opportunities of the light are too exciting, too thrilling. You step out of the outline. You play in the light. You run for your dream. You jump over the hurdles that barricade your path. Jumping and leaping, you almost make it. You almost make it to the shining metal trophy at the end of the path.

Close! So close!

There's nothing to stand in your way.

You are invincible.

Those are the last thoughts that run through your mind as you trip and fall back into the darkness of the shadow.

It's new at first. Odd and unpleasant, but you soon remember how it feels to be in the shadows again. The humiliation of your fall makes the people in the light laugh and glare down at you. It's too terrible, too humiliating! You don't try again. The metal trophy gleaming in the brightness of the light. It seems farther away now, much farther. As your body starts to fade into the blackness you see the end. The end to a game called "Life."




Author's Note:

Hey everyone! ^^ How are you? I'm really bad with titles so I'm sorry if it doesn't quite fit the story... I'm also sorry that this really sucks and that you had to read it... It's really bad... I was really tired when I wrote it, and I tend to write really weird, confusing, and bad things when I'm tired... I'm sorry... lol XD But yeah... I was also feeling really down and depressed when I wrote this... I'm sorry that it was bad, but I hope that you kind of enjoyed reading it... So please leave comments or whatever... People who leave comments get cookies! ^^ And I make really good cookies! Lol But yeah... Please review and comment tell me if you liked it or hated it... I will accept your hate comments and hate reviews as long as you tell me what I did wrong... It's not really fair to the author to be told she sucks and not be given a reason, you know? Well then! I hope that everyone has a great day and



PLEASE COMMENT! glomp-ness


>^.=.^

--Azmira--
Sign up to rate and review this story