Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Rock Royalty

Rock Royalty

by XxSuperGrlxX 5 reviews

[band crossover] What happens when you put two of the greatest rock bands together and force them to go on tour? Love, chaos, and lots of humor ensues!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-10 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 850 words

0Unrated
Here's my first shot at a crossover/celebrity fanfic. Please, do enjoy!
Disclaimer: No, I don't own Evanescence. And no, I don't own My Chemical Romance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amy Lee's apartment
Manhattan, New York.

"Hello?"
"Bonjour. Amy Lee speaking."
"Amy, Amy, Amy! Guess who it is?"
"Is it Andrew, the greatest agent in the world?"
"But of course it is! How's it going?"
"A little tired from the jet lag, but great."
"I'm glad to hear it! Anyway, let's get down to business. You have been voted by voters on AOL as the Almighty Queen of Rock!"
"Really? That's awesome!"
"And what's more, Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance has been voted the King. And now, they want you two bands to tour together."
"Wow, that's big news, Andrew. I don't know if I can handle it."
"Oh Amy. Don't worry about it. It's just for a few months."
"Do the guys know yet?"
"Well, I've got Rocky and Terry. I have not called Tim and John, but that's who I will be calling next."
"Great! Now fill me in with the rest of the info."
"Okay, the tour will be beginning January 4, 2007. It's an international tour, so you'll be starting in Tokyo, Japa-"
"Awesome! I love Japan. Oops, sorry. Do continue please."
"Oh haha, Amy. Okay. So. You'll be in Japan for 5 days, then you'll fly straight to Australia for a sunny week or two. Next stop will be New Zealand. After that, you get a 3 day break. And then you'll head up north to Europe for a few weeks. Then it's back to the U.S. of A."
"It seems all planned out, eh?"
"Well, they have been planning this for a long, long, long time now. AOL's trying to gain more publicity while you can advertise yourselves in a good way."
"Excellent. When shall we start?"
"Ah yes, you two bands will be getting together within the next few days for a photo shoot."
"Lovely."
"Yes it is Amy. And now, I shall be going 'cause I still have to inform the others, you know?"
"Thanks again Andrew. Even though it was short notice."
"No problem darling. Merry Christmas and I guess I'll talk to ya' later."
"Bye."

Amy put down the phone and glanced at the clock. Time was passing by way too quickly. She had been hoping for a little less stress and a lot more family time during the holiday season. But the news kept on coming. Evanescence was only half way done with their own tour, and now they were to join another band half way through with their own tour. True, she was secretly a big fan of MCR, and it'd be a good chance for publicity, but it wouldn't be the five of them and Beth on the road anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerard Way's home
A state away from Manhattan, New York.

"Ahh... look at this shit in my inbox."
"Pssh... what'd you expect? We've been away, how long?"
"3 months, Mikey. 3 damned months."
"Uh huh."
"Let's see. Junk, junk, junk, and something from Matt. Let me see..."

Email from Matt Galle, MCR's agent:

To: Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Frank Iero, Ray Toro, and Bob Bryar.

Hey guys. It's Matt, here, letting you know the latest updates in the music biz. Well, according to an article posted on AOL, "Gerard Way, from My Chemical Romance, has been voted the 'Almighty King of Rock'. Amy Lee, from the Grammy award-winning Evanescence, has been voted by the fans as 'Almighty Queen of Rock'. A headlining tour has been scheduled for MCR and Evanescence that will begin next month. They will begin internationally in Japan and end in the US."

Gerard choked on his sip of coffee.

Okay, I know this is big news on short notice, but work with me here. I know you guys are capable of this, and it's great for publicity. You gather fans from Evanescence, and they gather your fans, too. It's all good both ways. Anyway, after chatting with their manager, Andrew, I've got this much to tell you:

ROCK ROYALTY TOUR
START: January 4, 2007 TOKYO, JAPAN
END: April 15, 2007

You two bands will play and do an interview in Japan within the first 5 days. Then you're heading down south to Australia and New Zealand for a couple of weeks. After that, you get a short break. Then you'll be shipped to the UK, Italy, France, and Germany. Then you'll come back home to the U.S.

That's all I know at the present time. You can always reply to me through this email or by phone if you have any questions. Merry Christmas and Au revior for now.

Matt Galle

P.S. Oh yeah, before I forget, you guys will be getting together for a photoshoot within the next few days. I'll let you know the exact date.

Gerard closed the email and sat there pondering. He looked at the calendar. December 24, 2006. In two weeks, he and the rest of the guys would get onboard a plane to Japan to play in a concert with a rival band. It all sounded lovely to him.
Sign up to rate and review this story