Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Still On My Own

I Know A Girl

by moocow 12 reviews

Remember when I told you that there would be like, three more chapters? Well, I lied. Welcome to the end. And boy, it's an end alright. But don't get all dissapointed. There's still ONE MORE FREAKI...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-10 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 2692 words

3Insightful
Day two.

The day I got FUCT.

And I wasn't necessarily all smiles for the fact the guys were getting famous. Sure, I was happy for ¾ of them, but upon hearing the entire thing, and actually taking a close look at those lyrics, Patrick had to restrain me from kicking down a wall. But after the anger, came the sadness and the questionable phone call from Pete wondering where I was, and how come I wasn't home yet.

"Evie?" I glanced up and shook my head at him, turning away. Pete sighed. "Patrick told me everything," I didn't turn as he sat down next to me on the couch.

"Yeah, did he tell you I almost broke through to the installation in the wall?" Pete nodded, though I couldn't see it.

"Are you really going to believe that everything is about you?" I turned to face him.

"Why yes, actually," I paused when he looked angry. "Because you/," I poked at his chest. "You told every /fucking magazine that they were about me," Pete frowned and looked away.

"I didn't mean it," I cut him off at the end and raised my voice.

"Then why did you say it?!" I sniffed as the hot tears ran down my cheeks again. "How could write such hurtful words, Pete?" Pete's eyes lowered to his hands that shook.

"I...I don't know," I pushed him away.

"You never know Pete, and I don't even know why I tore myself away from every perfect thing to be with you," Pete looked at me and his bottom lip started to shake.

"Evie, don't," I glared.

"Puh-lease," I hissed and shook my head. "You've hit a nerve, Pete," I looked down. "I've said it so many times before, but maybe this time we should really fall out of love with each other," Pete sighed and his hand met my cheek.

"Look at me Ev," I bit my lip and let his hand lift my chin up so our eyes locked. "Tell me that again," his breath shook and I saw the tears break the surface of his wonderful and always deep eyes. I gulped and forced the words no matter how much I knew it was hurting both of us.

We would get over it.

And Pete would just write another album, 'every word about me'.

"Friends Pete," I whispered. "Best friends," I felt my heart breaking, but it felt good. "X-friends, if you want," Pete's eyes twitched and I knew I had ripped his heart out of his chest at that point. "But...never lovers," Pete winced some more, his fingers falling from the side of my face. "Not anymore," His hand fell and my heart fell into the pit of my stomach.

"How cruel is the golden rule?" he whispered to himself.

----------

I haven't heard from Pete all week. Patrick gave me a nervous glance as we walked up the pavement, going to see Travi down at Decaydance Studios.

"You broke your own heart," I frowned and sighed.

"I'm paper thin right now," I whispered. Patrick gave me a reassuring smile.

"Pete would rather you guys be friends rather than at each other's throats or not in contact any more," I winced.

"In the words of him," I paused. "I don't do to well on my own," Patrick wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Then find someone new," I gulped.

"Like who?" I asked. Another arm whisked me away and dipped me like it was a dance or something.

"Like maybe Travi!" I laughed as Travi pulled me back up, giving me a hug and rubbing my back. "How you holding up shorty?" I pulled away and shrugged.

"I feel like there's a burning sensation in my stomach and what I did was incredibly wrong," Patrick spoke up, throwing his hoodie down over a chair.

"That also might be the burrito we shared at Taco Bell an hour ago," I smiled sheepishly.

"That or morning sickness," Travi spoke, sitting down next to Patrick. I leaned against the sound board in between them.

"Do I need to consult Joe?" Patrick laughed out and shrugged.

"He's usually 99.9 percent on the dot," I sighed and looked at Travi.

"What do you think?" I asked. Travi laughed.

"I think you need a song to cheer up your spirits," I smiled and nodded as he pulled me down into his lap, Patrick switching some things on before I smiled at the song I only remember from the first few chords.

"What is this one called again?" I asked. Patrick glanced up.

"Taxi Driver," he paused. "And it always makes me feel better," I raised an eyebrow.

"I thought that was Izzy, at night, in bed," Patrick glared and I laughed at his forced angered expression.

"Your right, you know," I giggled to myself and leaned back against Travi.

"Your absolutely right," I closed my eyes and let the song take my worries away.

----------

With the money my dad left me, I bought my own small house on the outskirts of Glenview, thankful for the peace and quiet it brought me. The boys were leaving in two days, and today was their going away party, held at Joe's house. I sighed as I sat on the kitchen island, stirring my smoothie with a straw; my vision focused more on the ruckus outside as Pete pushed Patrick into the pool. The lights were dim in the kitchen and I liked it. Something caught my peripheral vision. Izzy, standing with a bright smile on her face.

"What are you all smiles about?" I asked. She frowned.

"I was about to tell you good news," I raised an eyebrow.

"Like what?" I paused. "Is it going to make me happy?" Izzy sighed.

"Evie, you're my best friend," I sat up and turned to face her fully.

"I know that," I whispered. She took a breath.

"You're more important to me than Patrick is," I gulped.

"That's huge," Izzy smiled.

"That's why I'm telling you first," I raised an eyebrow and she smiled brightly. "Evie, I'm pregnant again," I felt my jaw drop and my eyes widen.

"HOLY CRAP!" I screamed and jumped off the counter to give her a huge hug. "This is /amazing/!" I pulled away and frowned. "But Patrick's going away again," Izzy stared blankly at me.

"I survived alone once, so I can do it again," I laughed and nudged her.

"How do you think Alex is going to feel about being left in the dust?" Izzy laughed.

"I'll leave Patrick to explain what's going on," I sighed and hugged her again.

"I'm so happy for you," Izzy smiled sadly at me.

"Honey, we need to get that smile back on your face," Joe walked in and eyed me.

"Jesus, Ev, did you know that you were pregnant?" I glared at him.

"Did you know that Izzy was?" Izzy and Joe both look flabbergasted.

"Bitch!" Izzy yelled and Joe whimpered.

"I thought I was Jesus!" Ashley walked in after him.

"No, that's Andy, honey," I rolled my eyes as Ashley whisked Izzy back outside and Joe raised an eyebrow at my quiet expression.

"Joe," I whispered. He walked over and hugged me.

"I was only kidding, Ev," I started to chew on my bottom lip.

"That wasn't very funny," Joe sighed and put me at arms length.

"Then why don't you go take a test just to be sure," I raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked and poked at my stomach. "Do you think that I am?" Joe frowned and shrugged.

"I can't tell because you are alone now," My eyes fell to my bare feet and there was a knock on the glass door.

"Joe," A gulp. "Evie," I didn't look up as I heard Pete's low voice. "We are uh," he cleared his throat. "Going to cut the cake soon," I finally glanced up to find Joe jetting past him and Pete giving me a curious glance. He didn't step in but tried his best to give me a reassuring smile.

"You alright?" he asked. I took a breath and nodded before looking towards the front door.

"I..." I frowned. "I'm gonna go home, ok?" Pete frowned before nodding.

"You'll be there on Friday though, right?" he asked as I stepped towards the door. I slowly turned to face him, forcing a smile.

"Yeah," I mumbled and turned again. "I'll be there to send you off,"

----------

"Hey," Pete whispered. I gulped and didn't turn around.

"Hi," I replied in the same, short tone I used with my sister. Except without the hate.

"Is everything ok?" he asked and I felt his presence behind me. I licked my lips slightly and sighed, putting things down and turning around.

"I'm just..." I winced and shook my head, looking back to the things and shuffling them so I could sit down on the bed. Pete sat next to me and stretched his legs out on the ground in front of him.

"Sick?" he asked and took my hand, rubbing his fingers over my knuckles. "Patrick called me, you know," he said, his head low and eyes glancing over my hands. I nodded.

"He did, did he?" I asked and Pete shifted slightly before lifting his head.

"Did he ask you anything important?" he asked and I bit my lip.

"Pete, please don't do this," I pleaded softly and Pete looked away, defeated. He stayed silent for a moment before looking back down at his hands curled around one of my own. He sighed.

"Do you..." he gulped. "Like me? Even a little?" he asked in a low voice and I blinked, looking down at my feet.

"Pete, for god's sake," I closed my eyes tightly and bit my lip.

"Evie..." he persisted and I felt my stomach churn.

"I...I honestly..." he didn't let me finish before he parted his lips.

"I love you,"


The first time Pete ever told me he loved me I threw up. Most of the time, I didn't ever think of us as a power couple. Sure, we've had our moments, like the past few months, but what frightened me was that we couldn't regroup ourselves enough to make things work. And how easy it was for us to just...give up.

That or we were hiding it better than we could have thought.

I took a deep breath and looked down at the box of photos that I was taking down from my walls. As the last picture rested in my hands, I felt the tears sting the corners of my eyes. That old picture that I treasured of Pete holding me bridal style before Andy or Patrick, before Izzy or my dad, the days where it was just Joe and him as my friends. Pete had this bright smile on his face, mouth open and the two rows of teeth glowing white. I pretty much looked the same, but my hair was whipped back, fanned out in a motion picture. Joe had amazing photography skills, and it was proved.

My heart sank as my phone beeped out, the timer done. I placed the photo back up on my wall and brushed my fingertips against it before walking into the adjoining bathroom and closed my eyes tight as I searched blindly for the little white stick. I gulped as I felt it in my hands and opened my eyes to stare myself down in the mirror.

"Hey Evie," I whispered, placing the stick back down and covering it. "I haven't talked to you like this in a while," I sighed. "No matter the outcome, we'll be ok, alright?"

I nodded to myself and blinked hard again before looking down at the little cover I made. My fingers slowly tore it away and I held my breath as I lifted it up. I re-read it and let my breath go.

"We'll be ok," I repeated.

----------

"So?" Joe asked. I took a breath and shook my head.

"No," Joe smiled.

"Do you think that's a good thing?" I bit my lip and shrugged.

"I guess," Joe raised an eyebrow.

"You aren't lying, are you?" I shook my head quickly.

"Of course not," It got kind of awkward until Patrick came running over and pushed Andy out of the way, picking me up and twirling me around.

"EVIE! I'M GOING TO MISS YOU THE MOST!" I laughed as he placed me down and pouted.

"Out of the girls or guys?" Patrick coughed. "The guys," he mumbled. "Cuz if I said girls, my wife would probably castrate me and Alex would wonder what happened to her daddy," I laughed.

"That and the Stump fetus," Patrick widened his eyes and looked over at Izzy who widened her eyes and yelped.

"Woah," I mumbled as he ran over and scooped her up, twirling her around, making multiple people glance at them.

The sun shined and I sighed hopelessly as people started kissing and passionately hugging, wishing they could go with them. An arm wrapped around my waist and I glanced over to see Andy with a smile.

"You know, a very beautiful girl once asked me something," I nodded, telling him to go on. Andy smiled and brought me closer so he could whisper into my ear. "She asked me if love could have a second chance," I pulled away and felt my eyes tear up.

"Andy," I croaked. He frowned and wiped at my eyes.

"Do you remember what I told you?" he asked. I nodded.

"Love can have as many chances as it needs," I whispered back. Andy nodded and locked us in a tight hug.

A goodbye hug.

"Just remember that when you say goodbye to Pete," I nodded and watched as he walked over towards the others who were still talking to their girlfriends.

I hugged my arms before a hand met my arm and I glanced over to find Pete dragging us out of eye sight.

"Pete," I whispered. He smiled, eyes tearing slightly as his knuckles brushed against my cheek. "Stop," I whispered, taking his hand and lowering it. Pete flicked his palm to me so he could intertwine my hands.

"Patrick's lying," he mumbled and darted his eyes back and forth between mine. "I'll miss you more," I sighed and lowered my eyes.

"You're going to hurt us more if you leave like this," Pete sighed.

"Where are we right now, Ev?" I shrugged.

"That depends on where you want to be because I don't really care anymore," My voice was becoming softer by the second.

I truly did want to cry, and I really did want Pete to tell me everything was ok. But it wasn't.

It never was ok.

He made it so that our palms were pressed together. He stared at them for the longest time.

"Best friends?" he croaked, on the verge of tears. I felt my heart skip before I hesitated to nod and move my hand to brush his bangs away one last time.

"Till the end," I whispered back, Pete's arms moving to wrap around me.

Our tight embrace lasted for who knows long, ending as the tour bus honked. Pete flinched though and held me tighter pulling away and while still holding onto me, his breath leveled uneven and he leaned forward, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Pete, come on!" Joe shouted from somewhere. Pete kissed my cheek and paused, glancing from my widened eyes to my lips.

"PETE!" he seemed so scared, so urgent. I wanted him to kiss me. I moved my head in only to find he had moved to hug me again.

He kissed my temple.

"Stay beautiful," I swayed slightly as he ran towards the bus, taking his carry on and turning his head one last time. I sighed and watched him go.

All over again.

----------

I'm Good to Go, and I'm Going Nowhere Fast, it could be worse, I Could be Taking You There With Me. I'm good to go, but it looks like I'm Still On My Own...I'm good to go for Something Golden...

-----TO BE CONTINUED...YET AGAIN-----
Sign up to rate and review this story