Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > The Story Isn't Over

The Story Isn't Over

by Tenchi_Kai 0 reviews

Oh, I see. You want to know the end of my story what happened after the supposed happily ever after. That's no problem. Just remember that I refuse be held accountable for any tears you may cry...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Riku - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 1768 words

-1Predictable
The Story Isn't Over
I don't own Kingdom Hearts or any of the characters I used...
-----

Prologue: Tears and the New Trinity Town
Riku's Point of View

Oh, I see. You want to know the end of my story; what happened after the supposed happily ever after. That's no problem. Just remember that I /refuse be held accountable for any tears you may cry.../

I even remember what I was wearing that day. In fact, I wore strait, silver shoulder length hair and a smirk - along with a rather plain black t-shirt with dark blue jeans equally simple in appearance. Heh. I was bear-footed, too - save for a pair of white socks. Why was that day so important? It all started when I walked to the front door of my house. Like everything else in my house, it was overly decorated with my "rich" parents' money - with blue and white paint, I might add.

I walked a little faster toward the door when the door bell rang for what seemed the millionth time. "Just a minute!" I yelled at the door.

When I opened the door, there stood in front of me a neglected Kairi. She was doing best to hold back tears; that much, I could tell by just looking at her. My first reflex was to wrap my arms around her. Against better judgment, I walked up to her and did just that. She started to shake lightly, but wrapped her arms around me in turn all the same. The last time she did this, she was heartbroken by Sora; I remember that like it was yesterday. They got back together soon after, though...I'm betting that isn't the problem this time.

"Kairi, what's wr-," Before I could even finish my statement, I was cut off.

"Riku...," She kept shaking, but took a breath through the tears, holding me tighter, "they're here...the heartless. Riku...they're back; and Sora - Sora's gone." Her words were filled with stutters and chokes from the tears now pouring down her face. I held her tighter, even if I wanted to cry, too.

.../So much anger.../
.../So many disappointments.../
.../So many fears.../
.../but it all comes out in /tears.

"It's going to be okay, just like last time." Here I was, thinking I was healed - the truth is that I was affected more than I could realize by "last time". I still had nightmares. I still woke up in tears and night sweats. Every now and then, I still thought that I could hear his voice clearly in the back of my mind, telling me just how bad off I truly was. I pushed the thorny thoughts away for the moment. I moved my hands from Kairi's waist to her shoulders and took a deep look in her blue eyes with my aqua green ones. "I promise."

Kairi looked back into my eyes - I knew she could tell that the words that I had to say came from the heart, but still weren't absolutely true. "Have you had any sleep?" I changed the subject as fast as I could.

"No, actually...I haven't...," Kairi spoke, and for the first time I could hear the tiredness of her voice. She was still crying, but she wasn't shaking anymore. "Riku, is everything really going to be okay?"

Like any normal person, she was looking for some reassurance. Too bad I didn't really have any...well, I can lie. "Yes, of course. We've done this before, we can do this again. We can find him, and get him back." I can't believe how well I just pulled that off. I'm probably more scared than she is...

Kairi, still in my arms, gave the strongest smile that she could muster at the time. "Can I sleep here?" I gave a small nod.

Two hours later, Kairi was asleep in my room, where I should be. She was lucky; I couldn't sleep. I was outside walking around the sidewalk in my neighborhood aimlessly. My mind was spinning; rather fast actually...I had no idea how to take the news. I guess I endeavored to pretend it wasn't happening, but there wasn't time to deny what was going on. I had to find a way to get off the island, and I had to know where Sora was...and if he needed my help.

-----

I walked unfamiliar streets of a town that had before whispered its name to me - Trinity Town; it was a dark town, like Traverse Town that I knew so long ago, that had no sunlight - seemingly stripped of the little joy it could ever have. However, even with the lack of sunlight, the town still had a feel of comfort. Everywhere you looked, there was a form of artificial sunlight. When you were outside, it was usually in the form of skinny, curved street lamps.

I was, to my misfortune, alone. How did I get here? Well...the stars are going out again, and the worlds are being connected...again.

Finally, I had found a shop in this small town. It was an item shop...just what I needed. I sighed and pushed open the left side of the double doors that lead into the seemingly small shop. Before I ever had the chance, I heard something behind me. As I turned around, I could almost hear is wisp around me. Whatever it was...I didn't like it.

In that moment, when I had turned back around, I saw it out of the corner of my eye. A rather large, brand new heartless; I could tell by the symbol. It remind me of the heartless I had named defender, but without the large shield. "Fine...if you want to stalk me, that's fine; just don't be as noticeable next time."

-----

I woke up without a blanket around me or a pillow under my head. My body finally lifted itself off of what I now identified as the living room sofa. It was very comfortable, but for some reason, I still had a headache. I only had to wonder why for a moment before my mind recalled the day before. I glanced at the digital clock that read, in bight red neon numbers, seven o'clock in the morning. I sighed. I acquired little to no sleep...

Then my thoughts jumped back to what had happened the day before, and to Kairi. I sat up and looked around blankly for a moment, and then rubbed my face with my fingers with a long sigh. Normally, I would have wondered where my parents were, but, for once, I was glad they didn't show up on time. After all, what would they think if they saw Kairi here...in my bed, nonetheless?

Soon after I made a quick trip to the bathroom, I made the trip up the carpeted stairs from the living room to my room, where Kairi should have been fast asleep. I was quiet as a mouse, because I didn't want to wake her in any way, shape, fashion, or form - just check on her; sleep was a gift from the greatest powers at that point for both of us. I tuned the door knob...and what I saw...I didn't like.

That night, I had attained a nightmare...

"Damn it!" I mumbled the words harshly under my breath.

...and it came true. For the second time in my life, I let her and him both slip right though my fingers...

...She wasn't there. There, next to the bed, in her place, sat a little shadow heartless, ready to pounce on its next victim; that wasn't going to be me. I called my keyblade...

...That was about three weeks ago...

-----

I walked into an item shop of the town that I spoke of...it was an odd experience at best. While I expected the shop to be small in size and stock (which it was), I didn't expect to see what I saw standing there, arguing with the shop keeper: a man with a gun. He wore a dark outfit that came complete with a long red cloak; not to mention little skin that was visible was as white as paper.

I've been here for two weeks and I've never run across this guy at all. What is he - a vampire? "I guess not, sir...," The shopkeeper spoke with a newly discovered timid tone in his voice to the red clocked man.

In response, he only shook his head and turned away, to me - well not really to me, but to the exit doors. "You're new," This character had a very deep, refined voice.

To respond his words, my mouth almost opened to release the contents of my name, but before I could do so, he walked past me. Heh...nice guy. I turned to the shopkeeper. "Any potions?" That heartless was almost more than I could take, but in the end he went away in a pile of black smoke, like the rest of them...like they all will if I keep fighting.

"Sure," Whoever the shopkeeper was, he was very fearful of me by the look that was written on his face. "How many do you want?"

"Five," I said, giving a fake smile to try to ease the mood. "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

He held out the potions. "Two hundred munny. I suppose."

"Who was that guy?" I took the potions from him and put the munny in the shopkeeper's hand that was made empty.

"They call him Vincent," His tone now spoke with that timid tone again. I guess he's scared of anyone that can fight. Well, I've got my best bet that the man called "Vincent" wasn't from this world. He was just too...different from the normally timid people here (not all as timid as this shopkeeper, of course) for me to believe he was from this world. I wasn't going to say that out loud, though. The shopkeeper was about to jump out of his skin as it is.

"Thanks." I spoke in a pretty blunt tone as I drank on one of the potions, which I fully hated. The slime of the potion always sticks in the back of your throat and leaves that horrid taste, too. I began to make my way of leave of the shop. If Vincent really is from another world, he may have away to get to another world...I did what anyone else would do - I went out to look for him.

I sighed when I finally made it out of the shop. I miss home already...

-----
Sign up to rate and review this story