Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > Shenanigans

Chapter 8

by spgdfreak 0 reviews

Lane finds out the truth

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-11 - 2866 words

0Unrated
Rory's POV
"P-pregnant?" Lanes eyes widened and her mouth agape, she stared incredulously, at the doctor before us. I examined his figure, searching for some form of a name tag.
"Excuse me, Dr. Rodriguez," I began, attempting to sound as official as possible, "But...0 Surely there's a possibility that tests such as these give wrong results, maybe make mistakes?" I inquired with hopelessness apparent in my voice. Adie looked at me, then back to the doctor's face.
"I'm sorry, but we double-checked the results. Triple-checked, as a matter of fact, and each time it came up positive. Now, excuse me, I have another appointment to be getting to, but if you'd like, ask my receptionist for some pamphlets on early pregnancy and such." The doctor turned on his heel and left us. Lane collapsed into a chair in the waiting room. I glared at the open door the doctor had just left through.
"What an asshole. I swear I'll personally ring the necks of whoever gave him his god damned degree." Adie swore through clenched teeth.
This cannot be happening Lane groaned, burying her face in her hands. Adie and I glanced at one another before sitting on either side of her. We both placed an arm around her in attempts to sooth her as she began to sob.
"Oh, don't cry..." Adie sighed, tightening her grip.
"Yeah, don't worry one bit. Adie and I will be here every second of the way for you. And I'm sure that asshole of a brother you have," I emphasized the word asshole, "will be more than happy to help you out."
"And so will I." The three of us looked up simultaneously to see Tre standing in the doorway. Adie and I both took our arms from around Lane to allow for Tre to have her. He rushed over and wrapped her in what must've been the most loving hug in the world.
"How did you-" Lane began.
"Adie told me after school that you were getting tested, and I want to say I'm so sorry for putting you in this situation!" Tre pulled back a little as to look at her face.
"Oh, guys! You're the greatest. And Tre," Lane kissed him, "Don't apologize."
And she began to cry again.

Mikes POV
"Wow... Poor Jason..." I murmured, looking through a tiny glass window on the white door to Jasons cell. I saw my old friend, Jason Andrew Relva, curled up in a corner, his arms wrapped around his legs, weeping and rocking back and forth. "He didn't seem this fucked up when he came by Billie's house the other night."
Whatsername had taken me after school to come visit Jason. Jason and I had always been good friends, but we started to drift apart since John Kiffmeyer, our old drummer for the band and best friend, left. Around the time Tre Cool came into our lives, Jason became a little more screwy, but he never got this far. Not until recently.
"Maybe if I were there for him..." I began. Lately, I'd been blaming myself for his insanity, thinking that maybe if I had been a better friend to him instead of practically replacing him with Tre, maybe he wouldnt be huddled up in a damn white cell in the Loony Bin facility on East 12th Street.
"It isn't your fault, Michael." Whatsername said. Her voice was a mere whisper, but that's how she usually spoke. It still made me jump a little when she did speak.
Whatsername hadn't always been part of our used-to-be-happy little group. She came around a little over two years ago with Jason. She never really talked to us, but I did see her whispering things into Jason's ear every once in a while, and she pretty much kept to herself, though she was always with him. We knew nothing about the girl, besides what Jason told us about her. She apparently had been high out of her mind when he found her while taking a shortcut through the alleyway behind Gilman. She had run away from because her abusive stepfather or something was piss-drunk and had beaten her or something. She began staying with him for a while or something before they got her her own apartment. Besides that, we know zilch about the girl.
"Let's go in..." Whatsername pushed open the door which had been unlocked earlier for us by a man in a white coat.
"Hello, Jesus." I joked, kneeling down beside him. Jason stared forward, the only movements coming from the immense amount of shaking from his body.
"He's not listening to a word now, he's in his own world and he's daydreaming." Whatsername mumbled and knelt down in front of Jason, attempting to lock eyes with him. She placed a hand on either side of his head, and for the first time ever, I saw emotion in her features. She smiled, for what also seemed like the first time ever, and closed her eyes.
"I love him, you know. I always have." She opened her eyes, looked up to me, and began to laugh.
"What's so funny?" I asked. This was definitely not a funny moment.
"Jason always said he'd be the first to go utterly mad, guess he was right." Her laughter subsided, and a content smile remained on her lips.
"Guess so."
"Hey, let's get going." Whatsername suggested, but she did not stand. Instead, she leaned forward to kiss Jason tenderly.
And I just looked down upon them and smiled inwardly.

So. Thats what true love looks like.

Billie Joe's POV
I sat on my bed, strumming a new tune on my guitar with a pad and pen on my bed before me, stopping every few moments to jot down a lyric or two.
But it wasn't helping any. Usually writing a new song or practicing Blue, my guitar, caused me great contentment; it relaxed me, and made me feel at peace.
But today it was no use. Adie was angry with me, and she might even be pregnant. Then again, she doesn't know for sure Things happen to girls where they miss their period sometimes, or it comes late. I learned that in human growth and development class in school. Unless all my teachers lied.
If you couldnt tell, I didn't trust adults much. Not that I wouldnt end up being an adult in a few years, but seriously, I wouldn't trust myself even.
"Here we go again; infatuation touches me just when I thought that it would end..." I read the lyrics I had written on the notepad and smiled.
Surely if I write a song for her she'd have to forgive me for being such a jerk, right?
Oh, who am I kidding? I deserve for her to hate me.
I sighed, kicking the wall near my bed and placed the guitar onto the bed besides me. I lied back and placed a hand over my face, massaging my temples lightly.
Oh god, kill me now.

Whatsernames POV
I was lying down on my bed on my stomach, my hand clutching a half full bottle of some type of booze. Sometimes living alone had its perks: no parents to monitor alcohol use. But one disadvantage: nobody to steal booze from. So I had to take some from Jasons house whenever I go by his house...
...Which won.t be much anymore.
My eyes were half closed out of just sheer tiredness and such.
Tiredness? Is that a word? I decided it was, and sighed. I looked at my nightstand, a photo of Jason and I stared back at me, we were smiling and laughing and hugging each other as if we had no care in the world.
I let out a deep breath I wasn't aware I was holding and reached out, placing the picture face down so I wouldnt have to see it anymore.
Oh, the woes of having an insane boyfriend.
Yeah, that's right; Jason Andrew Relva was my boyfriend. And I was in love with him and now he's locked up in the Loony Bin.
I sighed. Again.
Oh, sometimes I despised where this world has placed me. I rolled over and sat up, downing the remainder of the beer contents and threw it at the wall, watching it shatter and the glass cover the floor.
Sighing seemed to be my thing lately.
I looked up to the ceiling, and said to myself, "Oh god, kill me now."

*

Lane's POV
I had to tell Mike somehow. It would be a lot harder than telling my parents. I waited in my room until he came in like I asked him to. Here went nothing...or maybe everything...
"Mike, I have something to tell you." I said, like it was one sentence. He looked at me like I was insane.
"Well, I have something to tell you, too. Do you want to go first or should I?"
"You better go first. I want to hear yours before you psycho and kill me."
Another psychotic look.
"I went to see Jason-Jesus today."
"Oh...how is he?"
"Umm...well, not too good. I wish I would've stayed in contact, ya know? Maybe he wouldn't be such a...well...basketcase. I just hope he doesn't go psycho and shoot the school."
"Why would he do that?"
"Because, Lane, people who feel that they have no friends take it out on everyone else that ignore them. You saw that episode of One Tree Hill!"
Yes, my big brother watches a teen drama with his sister. He calmed down a little and took a breath.
"You had something to tell me?" He asked, kindly. This was a bad sign: Mike being nice to me.
"I AM pregnant Mike. And yeah, it's Tre's."
I could hear his spirit dying.
"Are you sure?"
"The doctor said he triple checked."
I felt the tears pouring out. The next moment was not what I expected from Mike. There were no threats of killing Tre or telling me I was a dumb whore and everything else that he used to carry on with. He pulled me toward him and hugged me.
"I'm sorry I've been such a jackass lately. You were right, I need to start acting more mature and own up to things. I'm gonna be the best uncle that baby has ever had. I'll support you, even if mom and Vinnie don't. Try not to worry about it so much. I'm sure you have Rory and Adie and if Tre doesn't support you then I will kick his ass."
I sniffed.
"Thanks, but yeah Rory and Adie went with me. And Tre showed up and said he would be with me. But it was you I was scared of. And, well, Mom and Vinnie."
"I'm gonna change. I promise."
Mike Dirnt had an epiphany...and it only took him 17 years.

Tre's POV
I plopped down on my couch as soon as I got home. My dad came in with a concerned look.
"Frank Edwin Wright the third, where the hell did you go today?"
"Umm...to school..." I said, smiling.
"Don't play cute with me, mister. You may be able to pull that shit over on your mother, but it doesn't work on me. Where were you, really?"
I sighed. He was gonna fucking kill me.
"You know that girl, Alaina?"
"The little Pritchard girl? The one that's your friend Mike's twin sister?"
"Yeah. Well, you know how I went to homecoming and said I spent the night at BJ's?"
"Frank, what did you do? Did you kill her?"
"NO! Dear LORD NO!! It's much worse than that..."
"There's nothing worse than that...unless you got her...Oh shit. Your mother needs to hear this one!"
He called for my mom. I was definently gonna die tonight. Too bad, I was really looking forward to seeing my baby...
"What is it?" She asked, her eyes darting between my dad and I.
"It seems Frank can't keep it in his pants. He got the Pritchard girl pregnant!"
"OH dear. Frank, I thought we had this talk! What did I tell you about protection? Don't you listen?"
If they didn't kill me, I was gonna die of embarassment. I wasn't used to being called Frank, either. Unless I was in trouble...which obviously I was now.
"I didn't have any and it was just-"
"The heat of the moment? That's when you need to think the most! That's when she's most likely to get pregnant!" My mom hounded.
"I KNOW! I know all this. It was an accident. I love her, though. I'm gonna help her take care of the baby."
"You aren't old enough to take care of yourself! How are you gonna raise a kid, Frank?" she asked again.
"I don't know, Mom. Will you guys just leave me alone? I need to take this all in. Whatever the situation, I will find a way to be with her and support this baby. I'm almost 18. You'll see..." I said and walked off to my room.
I called up Billie.
"Hey Tre." he said.
"You will not believe what happened to me today." I said, rolling over to lay flat on my bed.
"You got hit by a car!"
"What?"
"I don't know. It was something I wouldn't believe. What happened?"
"Well, Alaina is pregnant. I'm gonna be a daddy!" I cheered. He sighed. I forgot about the fight at lunch Monday afternoon.
"I don't know if I'm gonna be or not. She won't talk to me. What Alaina said really stuck with me. Maybe we can start a club..."
"I hate to say it, but I don't think you are. Adrienne and Rory were with Alaina today when she got tested and from the way she was acting, I don't think she was. She also didn't mention anything about it, either."
"Maybe it's better off this way. I don't think I can handle a kid right now. So, you're excited about it?"
"Yeah! I love Alaina and I can't wait to have a baby. My parents just hounded me about it, but I'm still amped about it."
"You aren't scared?"
"Not at all."
"I miss her so much. Why was I so stupid about it?"
"Because you are stupid about everything, Billie."
Of course, I was joking. It made him laugh, though,
"Thanks for that." He paused for a minute. "Hey, Tre, Adie is beeping in. I really need to talk to her. Talk to you tomorrow at school?"
"Yeah. Good luck."

Adrienne's POV
"Adrienne Elizabeth Nesser!" my mom yelled. I paused in the doorway.
"YES?"
"Where the hell have you been? Your school called and said you didn't go today! It's 6 o clock! Do you know how bad I've been worrying? I thought-"
I stopped listening and walked upstairs. I don't know if she saw the bag in my hand or not. If she did, she would follow me upstairs and watch.
"I WASN'T DONE TALKING TO YOU, YOUNG LADY!" I heard when I shut the bathroom door and locked it. I had to pee really bad, which was gonna make my job easier. After I did my thing, I waited impatiently. MY brother came by a few times, knocking to use the bathroom. But this was important...
"Negative...YES!" I yelled, throwing the pregnancy test in the trash and covering it up to the bottom.
I ran to the phone, dashing across my brother who probably had to pee as bad as I did. I didn't realize who I dialed until I heard the voice.
"Adie?"
It was Billie. He sounded happy to see my number. I was in no mood to talk to him or deal with his shit right now. I needed to stay happy.
"Sorry, I forgot I hated you." I said and slammed the phone down. I dialed the number I meant to dial next.
"Hello?" I heard a male voice answer.
"Can I speak to Alaina?"
"Who is this? Rory?"
"Who is this?"
"It's Mike. Whatsername?"
"It's Adrienne, dumbass. Let me talk to Alaina."
"Oh, sorry, hold on." He yelled for Lane and I heard her grab the phone from him.
"Hey Adie. What's up?" She asked.
"I have some good news!" I cheered.
"Did you and Billie get back together?"
I had to scoff at that one.
"Fuck no, but I am not having his baby!"
"Great, so I'm the only one having a baby!"
"Sorry, babe, but you are!"
"Well, it's a good thing you aren't. I told Mike tonight."
"Oh, how lovely! Is Tre still alive?"
"He was actually nice about it. I think aliens invaded him one night and stole the old Mike and traded him for a new, nicer Mike."
"Isn't that good, though? And did you tell your parents?"
"I don't know. I don't trust it. I keep thinking he's gonna go back to his protective, asshole brother phase. And no, I haven't yet. I'm scared of..."
"Of?"
She was quiet, I didn't like it.
"Alaina, you OK?"
"Adie, I'll call you back later..."
she hung up before I said bye. I hope she was OK...
Sign up to rate and review this story