Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Falling Backward

by Orochimaru1029 0 reviews

It is kind of a repeat so don't tell me that it is! I know that many people have made stories like this! Okay you've been warned. This story is about how Sasuke found, fell, and died for love...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Kakashi, Kurenai, Naruto, Orochimaru, Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2007-02-11 - Updated: 2007-02-12 - 1165 words

-1Predictable
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto (although I wish I did)


Sasuke glanced up at the moon. Sasuke wished that he could be like the moon. So free, nothing bad ever happens, shows the light too every prisoners escape from their home village. Sasuke had figured that he was a prisoner too his village. That was why he was going to Orochimaru. He was leaving all of the hatred that he felt for everyone and thing in...in...that village.
Sasuke began too think about squad seven. He had left without saying goodbye, or telling them for that matter. He knew that Kakashi-sensei would be upset and demand a search party immediately. Naruto, his best friend. He knew that he would miss the blonde idiot. No matter how much he had bugged him in the past. No matter what the rivalry. They would always miss each other if the other person went away.
Just then something strange crossed Sasuke's mind. Something that he had found too bothersome and annoying to think about before.
Sakura's feelings.
Sasuke stopped in his path. Why on earth would he think of Sakura. Of all the people. It could have been TenTen, Temari, Ino, or even Hinata if it really came down too it. But Sakura. He rarely thought about her. And on those off chances that he did think about her, he thought about how annoying she was. But this time was different. He didn't think Sakura was annoying, or bothersome, or stupid. He thought that she was really sweet. He smiled lightly.
Sasuke shook his head.
"I am an avenger" Sasuke repeated aloud too himself.
But Sasuke still couldn't shake this new feeling away.
Sasuke thought about how upset Sakura would be. She would probably cry and it would be entirely his fault. He hated when he, himself, put everything down on his shoulders. He thought about Sakura and how she had fought the three sound ninja during the chunin exam. Those ninjas' were way beyond her level or training. Yet she had fought them and she hadn't given up. Or when she had fought Ino. She hadn't given up then either. She always tried her best at everything. She was by far the smartest on squad seven. She never gave up. She was perfect. Especially after her training with Tsunade. She was really pretty as well. Sasuke remembered when they would train together. Her short pink hair would fly all over the place, it would get messed up, and yet she didn't care. Sasuke cared more about his hair then she did. She was low maintence. She wore a simple dress and shorts. Yet on so many occasions Sasuke told her that she cared about her looks more than ninja training. He regretted that now.
Sasuke also remembered when he had yelled at her. He had told her these exact words "You are so obsessed with your looks. You don't care about ninja training. And you always give up. You are worthless. Your point of existence is unaware".
One tear drop fell from Sasuke's eyes. He had been so mean too her. And for what. Her too improve. She was so much better than three years ago. To think that he had told her that before he left. He didn't want too believe that what he had said was true. He'd hadn't meant too say such harsh words. He was just frustrated. Actually, Sasuke always took his anger out on Sakura. But she had still cared about him. After all of the times Sasuke had shoved her aside and considered her worthless. She had still helped him so much.
Sasuke couldn't contain it anymore. He didn't want too go with Orochimaru anymore. He was fine right where he was. He had the greatest squad that he could ever imagine.
Sasuke turned around and started running back too the village.
He reached the village the very next day. He was out of breath. But he needed too find Sakura he had too tell her something.
He found Naruto sitting at the ramen shop.
"Naruto" Sasuke said very firmly.
"Sasuke! You're back" Naruto screeched.
"Yeah I am. Great. Hey, where's Sakura" Sasuke asked.
"Ask Kakashi-sensei" Naruto said as if he was avoiding something.
Saske nodded and took off running toward Kakashi-sensei's house.
Sasuke pounded on Kakashi's door.
Kakashi answered the door in his pajama's with Kurenai at his side.
"Uhhhhh" Sasuke stuttered as soon as he saw Kurenai.
"What is it" Kakashi asked.
"Where's Sakura" Sasuke asked.
"Sakura" Kakashi asked stunned.
"Yeah" Sasuke said.
Kakashi gulped.
Kurenai and Kakashi exchanged glances.
"Under your cheery tree" Kurenai said.
Kakashi nodded.
"Thanks. I'll let you get back too....uhhh" Sasuke said as he got off of Kakashi's porch.
"Bye" Kakashi hollered out before he shut his front door.
Sasuke ran too his cheery tree. He was excited that he would finally see Sakura.
Once Sasuke got there he didn't see what he expected too see.
Instead of seeing his teammate and the girl that he had come too love. He saw a tombstone.
Sasuke walked up too the tombstone and read what it said:

Sakura Haurno
Died: Age 15
"She always found love,
comfort, and joy in the
One she loved. Sasuke
Uchiha is that one"

Sasuke swallowed. Then he started too cry.
He knelt down in front of the grave and shook his head.
Minutes later Ino showed up.
"You shouldn't have left" Ino said sternly.
"What" Sasuke asked confused.
"She killed herself because you left" Ino said.
Sasuke gasped but then continued too cry.
Ino left after a while.
Night was approaching when Kakashi showed up.
"Hey Sasuke, why don't we talk" Kakashi said.
"Fine" Sasuke said as he lied down.
"I know that you love Sakura" Kakashi said smiling.
"You do" Sasuke said.
Kakashi nodded.
They sat in silence for a few brief moments.
"Hey Kakashi" Sasuke said.
"Yes" Kakashi replied.
"I want too be with her. Kill me or I will" Sasuke said.
"You want too know what, I will" Kakashi said as he took out a kunai knife.
"Slit my wrists. And then my heart" Sasuke ordered.
Kakashi slit Sasuke's wrists.
"Bury me next too her. Tell everyone that in heaven we will be together" Sasuke sputtered as he coughed up blood.
"I will" Kakashi said.
Then Kakashi rammed the kunai knife into Sasuke's heart.
But it wasn't a sad death. Knowing that Sasuke was happy and had chosen this path made Kakashi very happy.
Kakashi buried him next too Sakura.

They say that you can still see Sasuke and Sakura around town. Dancing, eating, and sometimes even kissing.
But as people got older they didn't believe that they saw Sakura or Sasuke. Everyone came too that conclusion. Everyone except for Kakashi. Kakashi knew that they would always be together. No matter what. After all he was the only one who knew the truth of Sasuke's death. And the truth of why he did it. For love.
Sign up to rate and review this story