Categories > Original > Fantasy > Welcome To Quake

Quake

by anarkist861 0 reviews

You are in the secret service, a trained killer. You travel through slipgates to find Quake and kill him... or it. On the way to find him you encounter deadly creatures. Some cyborg and others.... ...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2007-02-12 - Updated: 2007-02-12 - 627 words

0Unrated


QUAKE: You get the phone call at 4 a.m. By 5:30, you are in the secret installation. The commander explains tersely, "It's about the Slipgate device. Once we perfect it, we'll be able to use them to transport people and cargo from one place to another instantly. An enemy codenamed Quake is using his own slipgates to insert death squads inside our bases to kill, steal and kidnap... The hell of it is we have no idea where he's from. Our top scientists think Quake is not from Earth, but another dimension. They say Quake is preparing to unleash his real army, whatever that is. You are our best man. This is Operation Counterstrike and you're in charge. Find Quake, and stop him... or it... You have full authority to requisition anything you need. If the eggheads are right, all of our lives are expendable.."

While scouting the neighborhood, you hear shots back at the base. Damn, that Quake works fast! He heard about Operation Counterstrike, and hit first. Racing back, you see the place is overrun. You are almost certain the only survivor. Operation Counterstrike is over. Except for you.

You know that the heart of the installation holds a slipgate. Since Quake's killers came through, it is still set to his dimension.

This is Quake.

Chapter 2: The Hallway of Slipgates (part one).

As you enter the slipgate, you are instantly transported to an area of hallways. There are four hallways, and only one is open. You walk through to find another slipgate. You jump through and begin your trans-dimensional trip into The Dimension of the Doomed.

Chapter 3: Dimension of the Doomed

You come out of the slipgate unharmed, and have been transported into a hallway. You walk a bit further down. You see two weird lights, one on the right and one on the left. There is a stairway, incomplete, near an elevator. Traveling up the staircase, you make the jump and find a shotgun. "Better than the axe," you say to yourself. Then, the elevator opens. Moving the shotgun activated a trap! You cautiously approach the elevator and find a grunt. Crap, you say to yourself as you jump into the air off the staircase and shoot at the grunt. Picking up his shotgun, ammo is found inside the barrel. Finder's keepers.

The elevator leads you to a courtyard with a creek in the middle and a bridge over top. You can just barely make out the probed rottweiler and grunt on the others side. Crap. Quake knew I was coming. You manage to take them out at a distance, and continue across the bridge.
Entering a door on the other side of the creek, you hear nothing. It is to quiet. Of course, two rottweilers and a few grunts come from the far end of the hallway. You blast them so hard it's not even funny. You find another elevator and go up it. Of course AGAIN, there is a rottweiler atop the elevator waiting for you. "Bad doggie! (bullets firing) Play dead! (bullets still firing) Good doggie!" Thank God, there is an empty room up ahead. And you see it-the nail gun! You race down the corridor to grab it (and nothing is easy in life) and OF COURSE there is another trap.

A grunt comes out from a trap door and attacks. You grab the nail gun and treat his head like a piece of ready-to-use wood. You follow back down the elevator and return to your original path. There is a pool of acid with two grunts on the other side. You take out the grunts and head through the door. You find a slipgate at the end of the hallway and enter it. Now to the Castle of the Damned.
Sign up to rate and review this story