Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Cloak and Dagger

Chapter 15

by LOVELA 9 reviews

It ends.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-02-14 - Updated: 2007-02-15 - 4101 words

5Moving
"Mr. Stump?" Patrick looked up at the medium height blonde that stood before him with a cute pout on her face.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Henderson. They said that you requested me to come down and talk with a Ms. Locke?" she asked holding out her hand.

She was young, but confident. Definitely not what Patrick was expecting.

"Yes, hi," Patrick said sounding relieved.

"It was documented that she was having some side effects due to the morphine that she was given. How have the hallucinations been as of late?" she asked making direct eye contact with him.

"The hallucinations have gone away, but it's the constant state of worry that she is in. I can barely leave her line of vision while she is awake," he said sounding exhausted.

It had been about three days since Collette had woken from the coma she had slipped in. She was able to determine reality from her hallucinations, but her paranoia was starting to worry Patrick. Collette constantly questioned where Jackson was if he wasn't in her sight and she would constantly question what, where, and why Patrick was doing what he was doing or going where he was going. It was starting to take a toll on everyone, including Collette.

Patrick explained the situation to the doctor and she nodded and smiled with her eyes but not her mouth. She was a warm person and Patrick felt instantly at ease.

"Patrick, it's your shift dude," Pete said coming out of Collette's room.

That was another thing. She couldn't be left alone. Not for a minute.

Pete stopped walking when he noticed the curious looking woman talking to Patrick.

"Pete, this is Doctor... I'm sorry. I forgot your name," Patrick said sympathetically.

"Please, call me Katy. That whole Doctor thing is just so formal," she said smiling at the boys.

"Katy, this is Pete," Patrick finished the introductions.

"Nice to meet you," she smiled and shook Pete's hand strongly.

"Likewise," Pete smiled tiredly.

"Katy is from psych. She's going to talk with Collette," Patrick explained.

"Thank God," Pete said sounding over dramatic.

Katy didn't respond, but only gave him an odd glance.

"I'm sorry, but this twenty-four hour watch thing has gotten ME paranoid," Pete said laughing slightly.

Katy just tilted her head slightly.

"But not that I'm really paranoid. I was just saying, well, I mean, you know," Pete stuttered over his words.

"Don't worry, Pete. I can fully understand how much of a strain this whole situation has been on everyone," she said keeping that warm smile on her face.

Pete smiled back with relief.

"Thanks again for this, really," Patrick said as his voice almost broke. He wasn't expecting things to be so bad.

"I'll see what I can do for her," Katy said and walked into Collette's room shutting the door behind her.

Both Pete and Patrick let out huge breaths.

"I hope this helps," Patrick whispered.

-----

Collette stood by the sink in the kitchen and swallowed the pills that had been prescribed to her. She never thought she would be 'labeled,' but here she was with a label of post traumatic stress disorder and a prescription of pills.

She looked at the clock and saw that it read three in the morning.

It had been a month since she left the hospital and she still hasn't returned to work. She continued to see the psychiatrist she first started to see in the hospital. She was nice, warm, and empathetic. It was a relief to have someone other than Patrick to talk to.

"Babe?"

Collette spun around and saw Patrick standing in his boxers and white undershirt looking extremely tired.

"Hi," she said quietly.

"Couldn't sleep?" he asked walking towards her.

Collette just shook her head no. Patrick smiled at her and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Collette took a huge breath in just to take in his scent. She was so grateful to have Patrick. With out him she didn't know what she would do.

He started to sway slightly and soon it was as though they were slow dancing in the 3:00 am moonlight.

Patrick felt Collette start to relax into his arms and his heart broke more for what he knew he had to do. Not tonight though, tonight was too perfect.

Collette stopped swaying and looked up into Patrick's eyes. He looked down on her and smiled slightly. Her eyes sparkled in the moonlight that reflected off her face. It had been a long time since Patrick had seen that sparkle and his heart skipped a beat.

Collette searched Patrick's face for what she was looking for. She saw it. It was there in his eyes, just as her sister had told her.

"Patrick," Collette whispered still gazing deeply into his eyes.

"Yes?" he whispered back.

Collette got goosebumps from the sound of his hushed, husky voice.

"I love you," she said sincerely.

Collette knew that the past three weeks hadn't been easy on Patrick. Collette was and may still be a wreck. Even though Kiefer was out of their lives for good, Collette still had the flashbacks, nightmares, and constant feeling that something bad was going to happen. It caused her to be distant and short with her boyfriend who she was certain had the patience of Mother Theresa.

Patrick kissed Collette deeply.

"I love you too," he said breaking the kiss.

Collette leaned over and kissed him back allowing the kiss to deepen quickly. Patrick moaned out of pleasure as Collette's tongue tickled the roof of his mouth.

Patrick reached his hands around her waist and hoisted her up setting her on the counter that he had her previously pinned against. Collette instinctively wrapped her legs around Patrick pulling him against her. This allowed Collette to assess that Patrick was currently very aroused.

Patrick's mouth left Collette's as he trailed his way down her jaw line to the sensitive spot right below her ear. Collette let a small moan escape her lips as Patrick's tongue assaulted her neck. She giggled slightly causing Patrick now to be the one getting goosebumps.

Patrick's hands cupped Collette's face as he kissed her deeply on the mouth again and Collette just put her hands around his wrists. She loved the feeling of his hands on her skin.

Collette was now to the point where she didn't want to wait any longer and she started to pull slightly at the waist band of his boxers, which were not leaving much to the imagination.

Patrick cupped Collette's butt and started to lift her off the counter. Without parting, Collette wrapped her legs around Patrick and allowed for him to carry her to the bedroom.

Patrick set Collette down on the bed and she looked up at him with hunger in her eyes. He ripped of his shirt quickly and laid down on top of her gently. Collette was still healing from surgery and the last thing he wanted was to cause any form of pain to her.

Patrick's hands rubbed up and down her sides lightly and soon found their way to her breasts causing Collette to moan out in pleasure louder than before. Patrick's mouth found the spot that his hands had just explored and Collette's hands went to run through his hair.

"Patrick," she moaned out arching her back with pleasure.

Patrick knew that plea. He knew it all to well. He pulled himself up so he was hovering over Collette who was breathing hard along with him.

Patrick worked on catching his breath as he slid his boxers off and went to help Collette with her barely there pajamas. Patrick's eyes looked directly into Collette's and saw that acceptance and adoration that made his heart pulsate.

He pushed into her gently and watched as her eyes went shut with pleasure. Collette's hands started at his lower back and rubbed all the way up to his shoulders where her nails found their home.

Patrick's thrusts started slow, but due to both of them being so worked up, he soon picked up the pace. Collette could hear small grunts and groans of pleasure coming from above her and she opened her eyes to see Patrick closing his eyes tightly and slightly biting his lower lip. She reached up to his neck and pulled his head down towards hers. Patrick's eyes opened as they rested their foreheads on one another staring only into each other's eyes.

Collette gasped in as she felt she was near the edge. She knew he was close too. She could see it in his eyes. Patrick's mouth opened to reveal a silent moan as his hips met hers one last time.

Patrick laid his head in the crook of Collette's neck still wrapped tightly between her legs trying to catch his breath as best as he could. He felt her nails start to go through his hair and he sighed with content. This night was so perfect. He never wanted it to end.

-----

"He's leaving me," Collette said as she sat in Katy's office.

"Who is?" Katy asked confused.

"Patrick," Collette said looking down into her hands.

"What do you mean he is leaving you?" Katy asked now sounding more shocked than anything. She always was able to remain calm and collect, but this came as a shock.

"He told me that they are going out on tour soon. He's leaving," Collette said as a single tear ran down her cheek.

"I need to talk to you," Patrick said quietly as they basked in the comfort of the bed the next morning.

Cartoons could be heard from the living room where Jackson had just moments before turned them on.

"What is it?" Collette asked sounding concerned. She didn't like the look on his face.

"It's important that you stay calm, ok?" he said grabbing her hand and looking into her eyes.

"Patrick," Collette said in a tone that said 'just get on with it.'

"The record is being released soon and Pete wants to do some promotional stuff, which includes a small tour before we go out and do all the promotions for when the record is actually released," Patrick said softly, almost too softly.

All that Patrick had said was mumbo jumbo to Collette. She had no idea what any of that meant.

"What does that mean, Patrick?" she asked getting frustrated. She felt as though he was tap dancing his way through this.

"It means we are going on tour in two weeks up until the album is released and then we are going to be doing promotions for the record, which means I'm going to be gone for a couple of months," he finally spit it out.

"Months?" Collette asked in shock.

"Yeah," Patrick said squeezing her hand.

"Months?" Collette asked again.

"Collette, it's important that we do this," Patrick tried to explain.

Collette sat up with a shocked look on her face. Patrick tried to comfort her, but she quickly got out of bed and pulled her pajama shorts on and a sweatshirt. Patrick sat in bed and watched as she moved around the room. He didn't know what kind of reaction the news would provoke.

She stopped moving and looked at him looking helplessly back at her on the bed.

"Alright," she said sighing.

"Alright?" Patrick asked.

"Well, what am I supposed to say, Patrick? Please don't go? Please stay here with your paranoid, post traumatic, messed up girlfriend and son?" she asked loudly.

Patrick looked over at the door ajar, hoping to not interrupt Jackson and his cartoons. Collette read his body language and shut the door.

"If that's what you are feeling, then that's what I want you to say," he said calmly.

"Would it change anything?" she asked putting her hands on her hips.

"No," he said shaking his head.

"Then what's the point?" Collette asked.

"The point is, I want to know what you are feeling. I want you to know what I am feeling," Patrick said trying to get through to her.

"What are you feeling?" she asked.

"Pretty crappy and helpless. The last thing I want to do right now is leave you, but I have to. It's my job and my responsibility," he said shrugging his shoulders.

Collette stood there staring at the man who she felt herself get lost to more and more everyday. He was right. He had a responsibility to his band mates, his friends, and himself. They both knew this day was coming, Collette had just hoped it was later than sooner.

"I'm sorry, Patrick," Collette said allowing a tear to fall down her cheek.

"Come here," Patrick opened up his arms.

Collette crawled onto the bed and laid in Patrick's arms like Jackson did to her after having a bad dream.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," he said rocking her back and forth.

"Will we get through this?" she asked quietly.

"Yes," he said positively. It was the most positive answer he ever had.


"He leaves tomorrow," Collette said after finishing her story to Katy.

"I think you are taking it quite well considering the circumstances," Katy said back uncrossing and recrossing her legs.

"I don't have a choice. I love him," Collette said and looked up from her constant stare at her hands.

Katy just nodded and smiled.

-----

"Hey Babe," Patrick said into the phone.

"Hey there," Collette said happily.

"Where are you guys?" Patrick asked.

"What do you mean?" Collette asked.

"Well, I tried the house. You aren't there," Patrick said sounding concerned.

"Oh, well, it's a nice day. We decided to go for a drive," Collette explained.

"You guys sure have been getting out a lot," Patrick said with longing in is voice.

He wanted to be there with both of them doing all the fun things that they have kept themselves busy with.

"It's the best way to keep my mind off of going crazy with out you," she said and laughed slightly.

Patrick smiled at her laugh. He remembered that was the first thing that attracted him to the woman that he now loved to the day.

"I miss you," he said quietly fighting the ever present lump that had formed in his throat when ever something had reminded him of Collette or Jackson.

"We miss you too," Collette said holding back her own tears.

It had been about a month and a half since Patrick and the boys left for their tour, which was going well. The album was being released in a week and then it was another whirlwind of TV, radio, and magazine appearances. Finally, after all that hustle and bustle, the boys had two weeks off before they kicked off another tour. Everyone was counting down the days.

"Let me talk!" Jackson said loudly reaching for the phone.

"He wants to talk to you," she giggled.

"Ok. I love you," Patrick said not wanting to get off the phone.

"I love you too," she said and handed the phone to Jackson.

"Hi Patrick," Jackson said still unable to say his r's very well.

"Hey Jacks. You taking care of CoCo for me?" Patrick asked.

"Of course," Jackson said happily.

Patrick smiled at the innocence of this boy.

Patrick was interrupted from his internal thought when he saw Pete with expectance in his eyes. He looked like he was a two year old waiting for an ice cream treat.

Patrick nodded showing Pete that he saw him.

"Hey Jacks. I have someone who wants to talk to you," Patrick said into the phone.

Pete's eyes lit up and he reached for the phone.

"Jackson my man!" Pete yelled into the phone.

"PETE!" Jackson yelled back.

Collette just shook her head and laughed at the young boy. The boys talked for a while longer, about what, Collette couldn't make out. She just knew that Pete could evoke a laugh from Jackson that no one since her sister could do.

"I miss them, CoCo," Jackson said as he put the phone down.

"I know kiddo. They'll be home soon," she said smiling down at the precious blondie.

-----

Patrick practically ran out of the airport once he landed in LA. The rest of the boys had went back home to Illinois and Wisconsin for their two week break, while Patrick went straight to where he felt at home.

He pulled the rental car up to the house and instantly got an eerie feeling. It looked empty. He sat for a moment and noticed that the lawn hadn't been kept up, the flowers were all dead, and the dogs were not at the gate to welcome him.

Patrick's heart sank. He slowly got out of the car and walked up to the house. He looked into the window and saw that the house was indeed empty.

Patrick felt tears spring to his eyes in and instant. He leaned against the door and thought. He knew it had been four days since he was able to get a hold of Collette, but she told him that she was busy, so she may not be around. The last words they said to each other was 'I love you.' What evoked this?

Patrick felt numb as he walked back to the rental car and drove back into LA. He tried her cell phone again and immediately got her voice message. Patrick's sadness went quickly to anger. Where did she get the right to treat him this way?

Patrick checked into a hotel and booked a flight for Illinois for the next morning and called Pete.

"Yeah?" Pete answered sounding tired.

"She's gone," Patrick said simply.

"I know," Pete said back. There was little emotion in his voice.

"You know?" Patrick asked barely getting the words out.

"There's a letter that was sent here for you. What time does your flight come in?" Pete asked knowing Patrick had booked one.

"Ten," Patrick said swallowing hard.

"I'll be there," Pete said sounding more tired than anything. Maybe that was the reason for the show of no emotion.

"Pete?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Why?" Patrick said breaking down into tears.

"Just get home, buddy. I'm sure the letter will explain everything. I'm sure there is a logical explanation," Pete said and hung up with Patrick still sitting on the hotel bed crying.

-----

Patrick walked up to Pete looking like hell had visited him during the night.

"How was the flight?" Pete asked quietly.

"Fine," Patrick said in a raspy voice.

He hadn't slept all night, since he was busy going in and out of different emotions. Sadness had engulfed him for most of the night, but anger, confusion, regret, and revenge managed their way into his thoughts a couple of times that night as well.

Pete nodded at his friend and helped him with his suitcase.

"Here," Pete said handing Patrick an envelope with her handwriting on it in black ink. She had the cutest penmanship.

He wasn't sure he wanted to open it. He wasn't sure if he wanted to know the truth. The stories he came up with in his mind over the night seemed to be good enough answers for him. Well, some of them.

"Are you going to open it?" Pete asked not putting the car into drive.

"I don't know if I can," Patrick said quietly.

"Well, I'm not putting this car into gear until you open it. You have a right to know," Pete said simply.

Patrick looked over at his friend and then down in the envelope. Pete was right. He did have a right to know.

As soon as Patrick broke the seal on the envelope he felt the car get put into drive and he began to read the words that Collette had so eloquently written on the plain white paper.

It started with a /Dearest Patrick/.

Well, that was a start. Patrick read with utter confusion. The letter started out with Collette thanking him for everything he had done for her and Jackson. She said that they wouldn't be where they were without him.

Where were they?

She then went on to say that she has never loved anyone the way she loved him.

Patrick huffed slightly at this line. Pete looked over at his friend and back at the road.

Patrick's brow went together in confusion when Collette started to talk about how the incident with Kiefer was good because now she felt that she could finally move on and live her life.

Move on? Where did she move on to?

She wrote that she no longer feels that she has to hide and she is excited to start living her life with Jackson without the fear that they will be discovered by Kiefer anymore.

Patrick didn't understand and reread that section of the letter again. He felt Pete slowing the car down as they got into the residential area of town, but he couldn't tear his eyes off the paper.

Why couldn't she move on with him too? Why did she have to cut him out of her life?

The letter ended with an apology. Collette wrote that she hoped he wasn't mad, but it was the only way to keep it a surprise.

A surprise?

Patrick looked up from the paper just as Pete put the car in park.

Patrick looked at the modest two story house that he had never seen before and then he looked over at Pete who was staring at him with a wide smile spread on his face.

"Well? Go home," Pete said simply.

Patrick scrunched his brows together and suddenly had realization hit him as he saw Nala and Simba running around in the large pen at the side of the house.

Patrick looked over at Pete with shock and Pete just nodded happily. He jumped out of the car and ran straight through the door not bothering to knock. Collette was standing there in the entryway with a look of uneasiness on her face. She knew what she did to Patrick was cruel, but it was the only way she knew how to surprise him.

"Are you mad?" she asked smiling slightly. She looked like a child who had just spilled milk.

Patrick wrapped Collette into his arms and spun her around setting her down only to kiss her deeply on the lips.

"Is that a no?" she asked after their kiss had parted.

"I'm too happy to be mad at the moment, but just so you know, payback is a bitch," he said not letting go of Collette. He never wanted to let go of her again.

"Patrick!" Jackson said running into the house with Rooger and Pete on his heels.

"Hey there, Jacks!" Patrick said scooping him up into a hug.

"Do you like our new home? CoCo said that we can live here now because we don't have to hide anymore. Isn't that sweet!?" he asked excited.

"Sweet? Peter, what have you been teaching him?" Collette asked.

"I think that one was thanks to Joe," Pete said laughing.

"Yeah, kid. That's pretty sweet," Patrick said smiling over at the child who was filled with such joy and innocence.

-----

After the shock and excitement had worn off Patrick walked around Collette's new home noticing something he had never seen before.

There were numbers and numbers of pictures thoughtfully placed throughout the entire house. There were pictures of her family and one person in particular made her presence known.

"My sister," Collette said from behind Patrick who was staring at the picture.

"Wow, does Jackson look like her or what?" he said in shock.

Collette just nodded and smiled looking at the picture of her and her sister on the swing; their swing.

Patrick wrapped his arms around Collette tightly. He felt the urge to not let go of her. The feeling of loosing her was almost too much for him to bear. He never wanted to feel that again. He looked around the room and nodded approvingly. Collette did move on. She moved on with him. She and Jackson were safe now, with her family back in her life and Patrick by her side. As he looked around, Patrick felt a sense of peace.

There was no more mystery. There were no more secrets.

AN: Did I actually end this story with a happy ending!? Yes. I believe I did! WHAO! The appearance of a wonderful DOJ graces her appearance in this chapter, so thanks Katy for the inspiration of that character. Yup, that's all folks. Hope you enjoyed it!

SMOOCHES! LOVELA
Sign up to rate and review this story