Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 9

Tales of A Narcissist

by Genome_Boi 0 reviews

Just before the Burmecia scene disc 1 - CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!!

Category: Final Fantasy 9 - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kuja - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-09-06 - Updated: 2005-09-06 - 569 words - Complete

-1Boring
Kuja sat at his dressing table, running the comp through his soft silver hair, making sure to take care around the three sensitive feathers that sprouted from the front of his scalp.
Once satisfied, he set the brush down and gazed down happily at the array of make-up sprawled across the table-top. Realizing his maid had once again been playing around with the extremely expensive cosmetics, he made a mental note to fire her after he had finished his business at Burmecia.
After hearing reports that a 'monkey-tailed blonde youth' was at large and currently taking refuge in Lindblum with the Regent, the narcissist had decided that looking his best for the day's later events was priority. After all, he wanted to leave a standing impression on his little brother - or 'Zidane' as he had been name. Tying his hair back with an Alice band, he remembered Garland's ignorance to name the blonde and himself. Kuja was rather proud of his name, the old Terran word for 'Angel'.

Putting aside the troubling memories of his childhood years, he smiled as he picked up a glass bottle full of foundation. Squeezing a small drop onto a face sponge, he began to smooth the liquid across his flawless skin. From past experience, he knew that leaving hair wild whilst applying make-up wasn't a wise idea.
After he was happy with the application of the base coat, and had checked it was blended into his skin properly, the silver haired Genome picked up a small container full of multi-coloured eye-shadows.
Finding a brush suitable for the task at hand, he dipped it into his usual colour of red and set about sweeping it across his eyelids. Removing the excess powder from around his eyes, he began to brush mascara over his already lengthy eyelashes - careful not to blink for fear of smudging the black substance on the base coat.

Now for his personal favourite part, and most expensive cosmetic of all. Picking up a small tube of plum lip gloss, he spread the sticky liquid over his pouty, full lips. He smiled at his reflection, despite the fact he had already spent over half hour getting ready, there was one last finishing touch before he was ready to mount his silver dragon and head off to the far off kingdom of Burmecia.
Last but not least, he dusted a pale layer of blusher over his cheekbones. A shade darker and he would look more like a drunkard than a nobleman.

Freeing his locks from the band, he ran the comb through his hair one last time, checked his robe were stain and wrinkle free and that his make-up was flawless. Finally ready, he ordered his make-up in a manner so that he would know if they had been tampered with before leaving his quarters and heading down to the built in stable where his dragon resided.

Boy was his little brother in for a treat today.....







AN: Yes, I know that 'Kuja' means 'Son of Earth' and is a Hindu god, but I decided to change the meaning to possibly fit another fic that will link to this. This fic links to both Memories and Deceit, and possibly Battered. However, at the moment, Femininity is a separate fic. All Kuja fics are dedicated to my good friends in TBG!!! Many thanks to you all for the varied inspiration you all gave me!
Sign up to rate and review this story