Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

A Summer Obsession

by ForNeverYours 2 reviews

This is just a test. I don't know if I'll keep it up long unless you guys like it. An Andy fic about love, obsession, and maybe a little stalking.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-17 - Updated: 2007-02-17 - 2031 words

1Original
Ok, first of all i just felt like writing and this is the outcome. I don't know if I'll keep it up or not. So if you like it let me know and i might keep this one alive.

Thanks, Alex

==+==+==

Welcome to The What If's

I'm not entirely sure when I first noticed the girl living next door to me, but when I did I became obsessed. She had deep auburn hair that hung flowing down her back. And her eyes...wait let me start at the beginning.

I remember the day I first saw her. She stepped out of the moving van and stared at the house with questioning. Her hair tied back in a messy ponytail; pieces falling out from the days travel. She removed her face framing sun glasses and put them in her teal tote bag with many pins lining the front.
I watched carefully from my bedroom window just across the street. My hand pressed up against the window as I stared at her. Her mom came out and looked at the house and turned to her husband and started arguing with him. The girl just rolled her eyes and walked into the house.
In a few minutes time she appeared in the room just in front of mine. She waved at me and turned to go back out to the moving truck. She hoisted up a duffle bag and a guitar case, then went back into the house and returned for more of her things while her parents continued arguing about how the house wasn't what the mom expected or at least that's what I got out of it through the glass.
Trying to get the best out of my view I nonchalantly opened the window pretending to be letting in some of the humid summer air. The girl came out for the last of her thing and noticed me again and smiled waving shyly and going back into the house for the last time.
Once back in her room she started taking clothes out of her suitcases and put them in the closet. Then hooking up her stereo and putting a CD in and blasting it, dancing along to the punk blaring from the speakers. I smirked and continued watching almost hypnotized.
Just then Pete Wentz, my friend since I could remember barged in and flopped down on the bed.
"Hurley, we've got to do something toni...." He noticed I was staring out the window. "Whatcha looking at?"
"Nothing." I said clearing my throat and casting one final glance at the girl before she disappeared in the bathroom.
"Dude are you watching someone?" He laughed getting up and leaning over my shoulder to get a better look. Just then she came moshing out of the bathroom, her hair down, sweat from the moshing and the humidity glistening on her skin making her look all to desirable.
"She's just a girl." I mumbled getting up and going over to my computer.
"You were just staring at her." He said glancing out the window and smirking. "She's fucking hot though."
"Yeah, and her parents are hardasses." I said turning on the computer and checking my mail.
"How can you tell?" He sat down in the chair I once sat at and watched as she started taking off her tank top and pulling on a faded band t-shirt. "God, she needs to keep her curtains open, that was a great peepshow."
"You're more of a perv than I am!" I shouted throwing the blinds down and going back to the computer.
"You were watching her first." Pete said smirking and opening the blinds again. "Looks like Andrew dear's got a new stalkee."
"Shut up." I said taking out my digital camera and letting it charge. "What are we gonna do tonight?"
"Hmm?" He stared at the girl who was now hanging posters on her walls and singing along with the band. "Oh, I don't know, maybe we can go to the Metro."
"Sure, I just need money." I said taking my mind off my new neighbor.
"Great, let's go." Pete smirked grabbing his cell phone off the bed and taking off with me in tow down the steps and to my car.

~

When I got back around midnight I was shocked to see the only light on in the house across the street was the girl's. I peered though my window and watched as she sat in front of her computer with her knees up to her chest, hugging them lightly as she stared absentmindedly at the screen.
I sighed and shook my head, then went back to me computer and unhooking my digital camera and going back over to the window, glancing around to make sure no one could see me and then leaning almost completely out the window.
I snapped a few pictures and checked them carefully, they were all blurry and you couldn't even tell what the picture was of. I sighed and turned it off.
Ripping off my shirt and closing my eyes the minute me head it the pillow on my bed I feel asleep.
When I woke up in the morning the first thing I did was check to see if she was awake, sadly the curtains were drawn and there was no light peeking through the white fabric. Groggily I walked down the steps and flopped down in a chair at the kitchen table. In less than a minute my mom came in, gently ruffled my hair, and placed a plate of smiley face pancakes in front of me.
"Thanks mom." I yawned taking a bite and chewing softly.
"You know the neighbors moved in yesterday?" She said wiping the already spotless counter.
I coughed a little and nodded.
"Yeah, I saw them move in."
"Then you know they have a daughter." My mom said excitedly wringing out a washcloth.
"Yeah, I saw her." I said staring down the stupid looking pancakes holding my gaze.
"Maybe we could go over and give them a welcoming present."
This time I did choke on my pancake.
"Mom I don't know, I have plans to hang out with Pete today."
"Nonsense, it'll only take a few minutes." She said shooing me away from the table and quickly cleaning up my plate. "Go get dressed and get back down here."
I sighed and went back to my room knowing there was no way to get her out of her welcoming phase. I just grabbed a t-shirt out of my laundry basket and changed my pants. My hair, a shaggy mess of brown, stuck out at odd angles form last nights sleep. I combed my fingers through it quickly and checked my teeth, not brown or funny looking. But just to be sure I rinsed my mouth out and rubbed some toothpaste over my front teeth.
When I got back downstairs my mom had a cake ready with a covering. That was just like my mom. She was an average suburban mom, apron, blonde hair, blinding white smile. It was almost I got all my looks from my dad, who was hardly ever home.
"Well, don't you look....presentable?" She thought of something to say glancing at my grungy t-shirt and almost too tight jeans.
I rolled my eyes as she brushed a few stubborn hairs away from my face and patting my cheek.
"Andrew, you should really consider cutting your hair." She sighed as the hairs she just brushed away went back to their place. "You're setting a bad example for other children."
"Ma, I'm not a child." I said as I followed her out the door into the summer heat.
"Of course you aren't dear." She said over her shoulder once we got to the front stoop of the next door neighbor's house.
She rang the buzzer and wait patiently. I slid my hands in my pockets and stared down at my dilapidated black Converses. There was some movement from the other side of the door and the door whipped open just after that.
The woman standing in front of us had long brown hair pushed back with a headband, showing all too well that she could land a 747 on her forehead that gleamed from too much makeup and possibly botox. It almost gave it away because the look on her face was almost confusion. She did her best to smile.
"Hi, you must be the family that lives next door." She said opening the door wider to let us in.
"Yes, I'm Mrs. Hurley and this is Andrew." Ma said holding out the cake and smiling a little too widely.
"Nice to meet both of you, please come in." She said gesturing us into the cool house.
I only had to stand there awkwardly for a few minutes before she took notice and smiled.
"My daughter's upstairs, why don't you go get acquainted while I talk to your mother."
My mom shot me a look that I knew all too well and nodded quickly.
"Oh, sure." I said turning and walking up to the stairs.
"Last door on the right." She called after me as I ascended the steps.
As if I needed directions. I got up to the second floor and was welcomed to the sound of blaring music and someone singing perfectly along with it. I followed the sound and soon was standing in front of her room. Butterflies flapped around in the pit of my stomach as I held my knuckles up to the door and tapped it lightly.
The music stopped as she yelled from inside.
"Come in." Her voice was husky and it almost caused me to harden just as she spoke.
I bit my lip and slowly opened the door. And waited to be punched or screamed at or something.
But instead she smiled and laughed.
"So stalker boy finally showed up."
I opened my eyes and stared in shock around her room, it was lined with local concert posters, unsigned band posters, and other random memorabilia that fit.
"Hi, my mom came to visit and dragged me along with her." I said still awkwardly standing in the doorway with my hands in my pockets.
"Right, I'm sure you were chomping at the bit to come over here." She said turning the music back on, but turning it down a little.
"Whatever." I sighed stepping in a little and glancing around better.
"Does stalker boy have a name?" She said standing up and walking over to me.
"Andy." I coughed. "Does peep show chick have a name?"
"Aubrey." She said turning and going over to her bed. "Bre for short."
"So, where did you live before you move here?" I tried to make conversation.
"Maine." She answered flatly picking a few things out of one of the last boxes and placing them on a shelf.
"Oh." I said quietly.
The silence was almost overwhelming. But my mom saved my and walked into the room.
"Andrew, come on I have thing to do." She glanced at the posters and grimaced. "Say goodbye to your little friend."
"Bye." I said following my mom down the steps and out the door.
Once in our own house she started firing off things about how that family is a divorce waiting to happen and how the girl didn't have any authority figure. I just rolled my eyes and tuned her out. This was what she did; she took one look at a family and decided whether or not they were good enough to be associated with our not so fabulous family.
I climbed the steps and closed my bedroom door behind me once I got to my room. I loaded up my computer and looked out my window. She was dancing to more music, holding up different shirts to her almost obnoxious chest checking to see what would look best on her.
I smiled and closed the blinds, that way I could see her and she couldn't see me. This was great I lived next to a bombshell that almost acknowledged my existence. With that I knew I was obsessed. That was the first time I noticed someone that way.
Sign up to rate and review this story