Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The moon don't hang quite as high as it used to

Chapter Six

by prettypoizon 5 reviews

Lexi has loved. Lexi has lost. The three musketeers became the two musketeers in a matter of seconds. Then Patrick shows up. Can Patrick teach Lexi to love again? A short chapter story. Not qu...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-02-18 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 998 words

1Ambiance
Erm, this is pretty short.
/ It's for my dearest Izzy, as always ^^ /

---


Patrick turned from the beautiful view of the city and smiled at Izzy and I; we were on the roof of the hotel, watching the dazzling city lights. There was a small garden in the corner, and Izzy slid off her shoes and squished her toes into the soil and flowers.

"Why on earth is there a garden on the rooftop?" she asked, examining a pansy.

Patrick shrugged, burying his hands in his pockets casually.

"Cities are just weird like that."

"Lexi and I live in New York, I've never seen a garden on a rooftop." Izzy argued.

"When was the last time we were on a rooftop?" I asked.

Izzy was silent, and then she looked up from the flowers and grinned.

"We should grow a garden on our roof."

I laughed;

"We have one on the ground."

"Rooftops are more fun."

Patrick laughed, and we looked round to him.

"You two are so random."

Izzy and I giggled, too, and then we were all silent, lost in our own little worlds, listening to the muffled sounds of traffic below on the street. Patrick sat on the edge of the rooftop, which made my paranoid self nervous. I was pressed up against the door, afraid to look over the edge.

"Why are you guys on an infinite vacation, anyways?" Patrick asked, stirring our thoughtful silence.

"Well..." Izzy glanced at me, and I closed my eyes lightly, shaking my head ever so slightly. "It was just time, I guess. Time to get away from our boring, everyday lives and all the baggage that comes with it." She finished.

Patrick smiled, laughing a little.

"I'd love to do something like that."

"So why don't you?" I asked, "Just run away, like we did."

Patrick looked up, alarmed.

"I can't just leave my band! Everyone knows who I am, anyways...did you guys actually run away?"

"Well...it's not like there's anyone who'll miss us back home." I mumbled bitterly, looking down at the cracked cement. Moss was creeping up through the crack, and I watched a little beetle try desperately to free himself from it's tangles.

Patrick frowned, and opened his mouth to say something, but Izzy cut him off;

"We told our bosses that we were going on vacation. No one else cares, really. We didn't actually run away. It just feels like it."

Patrick looked thoughtful, and nodded.

"That'd be great. But like I said...I can't ditch my friends. Besides, the teenies would find me anyways."

The three of us laughed, and then Izzy looked up at the sky;

"Hey, look! A star!"

Patrick and I glanced up at the sky; but the pollution of the city lights made it impossible to view Izzy's discovery.

"Come stand over here, I can see it perfectly..."

Patrick and I ran over to where Izzy stood, barefoot among the flowers, and stared straight up at the sky; sure enough, a small speck glittered brilliant up in the sky. Patrick gasped;

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all."

"Who said that?" I whispered.

"Vincent Van Gogh. Wow, I never see stars in the city..."

And the three of us just stood there in the trampled flowerbed, staring at the tiny speck of celestial beauty.


The next morning I woke up tired as hell. I was flat on my stomach, and I raised my head to look at the clock; it was noon. So much for morning. We'd been out until 5 a.m. Groaning, I buried my face into the covers and tried to fall back asleep, but Izzy's cell phone went off on her nightstand.

"Mother fucker!" She yelled at the phone and its annoying 'Sexyback' ring tone. She grabbed it and chucked it across the room, where it hit the fish tank and fell to the ground. She muttered something angrily that I couldn't hear and rolled over, glancing at my bed.

"'Morning." She mumbled.

"Good afternoon, sunshine." I smirked.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm tired, damn phone woke me up, lay off." She snapped grumpily.

I giggled and threw a silk cushion at her.

"Why is there a fish tank in our hotel room, anyways?" she asked, catching the cushion and hugging it to her chest, "And silky pillows."

"It's a fancy shmancy hotel. It better have fishies, it's costing us an arm and a leg."

Ah, the joys of life insurance.

Izzy sighed and glared at the ceiling as if it had done her some great personal wrong.

"Who was it, anyways?" I asked.

"I dunno. I didn't check." She grudgingly climbed out of bed and crossed the room, picking up her cell phone and flipping it open.

" '1 missed call- Patrick Stump' " she read out loud.

My eyes widened as I remembered why we had gotten back so late; Patrick. Patrick Stump. Patrickpatrickpatrick.

"Oh!" I cried, jumping up.

Izzy raised her eyebrows and dialed Patrick's number, raising the phone to her ear.

"Hi, Patrick?"

She paused, and laughed.

"Oh yeah? We're pretty tired, too."

Another pause.

"Hey, sure! That'd be great, lemme ask Lexi, hold on..." she covered the mouth piece, and looked up at me, "Wanna meet Patrick's band mates?"

I nodded and grinned.

"She says 'yeah'." Izzy turned back to her phone.

More pausing. God, this was killing me...

"Yeah, we'll just grab something for breakfast...erm, lunch, and we'll be there."

Pause. Izzy giggled.

"Bye, Patrick."

She snapped the phone shut and threw it onto a pile of clothes on the floor.

"Get dressed."

"Ya think?"

She rolled her eyes and grabbed some jeans off the floor. Frowning, she surveyed the room.

"This place is a mess."

"That's the joy of infinite holidays; cleaning is an option, not an obligation."

Izzy squealed as she stepped on an old pizza crust. I blinked.

"Okay...we'd better clean it when we get back tonight."
Sign up to rate and review this story