Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Falter

Chapter 5

by hips-n-hearts86 10 reviews

Peyton Clarkson's boyfriend had just signed with one of the biggest recording companies around, and now hes heading out to tour with another major band, Fall Out Boy. What happens when he can't alw...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-20 - 1955 words

3Hot
So, this chapter may seem a little short..or atleast what I think is short lol. But this one is by far my favorite so far. I hope you like it too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"...so I told the guy that if he continued to act like that I was going to call security. Well, he didn't believe me, so I did and man did I love seeing him get thrown out on his ass!" Oliver told the table as he threw his napkin down on his plate. Pete seemed to be the only one actually intrigued with his story. The others were pretty much half asleep, slumped over their empty plates.

Peyton rolled her eyes and diverted her attention away from Oliver and his stupid nonsense stories of his 'old' van touring days. They were making good time though she had to admit. They had survived appetizers and the main course without any big outburst from Oliver. 'Good. Maybe he won't lose it until we get home then. Atleast I can handle him there,' Peyton thought to herself as she saw her phone light up. She turned her eyes towards Patrick and rolled them at him as well. He smiled innocently and coaxed her with his eyes to look at her message.

She smiled back at him as she flipped her phone open and hit the button to read it. 'Me. You. Bathroom. Ten minutes. Come up with a distration for yourself.' Peyton's head shot up fast causing her to almost give herself whiplash in the process. Her wide eyes registered over to Patrick's cool mellow ones. He smiled coyly and put a finger to his lips to shush her, even though they were already quite. 'It's as if hes reading my mind..'

Peyton nodded her head slowly and looked down back at her phone. And then it hit her, the way to sneak away with Patrick. She held the ringer down on her phone making it sound as if she was recieving a phone call. Oliver looked over her way as the sound of the ringing had made it to his ears, interrupting his converstation . "Everything ok babe?"

Peyton jumped and looked at him, "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Its just my mom is calling me and you know how she gets if I don't answer her. She will just continue to call me back until I do answer. I'm sorry Oliver, but I had better take this call." The lie had slipped out of her mouth with no hesitation. 'Where did that come from?' she thought as she stood up quickly and gave Oliver a peck on the cheek. She flipped her phone open to 'answer'in a hurry. As she walked away, she stole a quick glance at Patrick, who stared at her in awe as she said 'hello' to her invisible mother.

Peyton made her way quickly to the women's restroom. Taking her phone from her ear, she began to text Patrick, telling him where to find her at. 'I'm in the women's restroom. The door is lock. Do a little knock jingle and I will open it up for you.' Peyton glanced up and down the hallway, looking to see if anyone was coming. When there wasn't she through open the bathroom door and ran inside, shutting the door and locking it fast behind her.

"Oh my God! I can not believe how adorable a women's bathroom could be!" she said as she shook her head in disbelief. Peyton leaned back against the door and took her time to take in the whole bathroom. It was a single stalled bathroom with a dark cream color splashed along its textured walls, flowers and candles looked as if they were strategically placed in the corners and on the bathroom sink. The candles and the soft tract lighting gave the bathroom a feeling of comfort and beauty. "Plus, it smells really good in here," Peyton added as she walked over to the sink to admire the tall purple and red candles.

A slight knocking tune interrupted Peyton's admiration for the bathroom. She walked over to the door, pressing her ear against it. "Whose there?"

"Oh come on Peyton, I already played the stupid tune, just let me in before someone sees me hanging out by the women's room." Patrick said, he sounded as if he too was presseed up against the door.

She opened the door just a tad enough to peek out to make sure it was really Patrick, and when she was sure, she grabbed him roughly and pulled him inside.

"About time Patrick." Peyton said as she turned away from him and locked the door once again.

"Sorry, I had to come up with an 'excuse' to leave. Unlike some people who just have a ton of them rolling around in their head." Patrick said somewhat apologethically as he walked over to the mirror to check out his hat.

Ah yes, that was one thing Peyton had seemed to notice about the boy in front of her. He seemed to always have a hat for every occasion. Even today, he was dressed casually, unlike her. He wore a simple black hat, jeans, black jacket and a white t-shirt underneath. His glasses were not obscuring his eyes today and Peyton couldn't seem to take her own eyes off of him at that very moment.

"So, what did you want to meet me for?" she said, breaking herself away from her own bad thoughts.

"I don't like Oliver." Patrick blurted out, stepping away from the mirror in time to see her reaction. She looked on the verge of tears. "Why are there candles and flowers in this bathroom? Isn't that a fire hazard when left unattended?"

Peyton ignored his questions. She couldn't believe what he had just said to her. It felt like she had been slapped in the face by someone she would consider a friend. "What? Why?"

Patrick plunged his hands deep into his pockets and looked down at his shoes, avoiding her gaze. "Its just, well, he gives me a bad vibe Peyton. I don't think he treats you right."

Peyton didn't know whether to hug him or slap the shit out of him for being so judgemental. "You don't know anything about me Patrick! You don't see me saying 'Hey don't hang out with Pete because he gives me a bad druggie vibe' do you? No, you don't. I thought you were different than that."

Patrick felt lower than low could possibly get. "I didn't mean for it to come off that way Peyton."

"Yeah well, how else am I suppose to take it Patrick? With tea and cookies? I mean you made it painstakingly obvious that you don't like Oliver, who just happens to be my boyfriend. If this is you trying to be my friend, then don't bother with it anymore." Peyton said calmy as she walked over to the sink facing the mirror, she leaned against it, giving herself some of the support she seemed to lacking it at this moment.

Patrick approached her slowly and placed a hand on her back, rubbing in slow circles. "Peyton," he whispered her name causing her to shiver visibly under his touch. "I didn't mean to hurt you with my words. Its just that I'm concerned for you is all. After our conversation yesterday, well, you can't blame me for being worried about you. I look out for my friends." He stopped rubbing her back as she turned to face him. 'Has this bathroom gotten smaller or did we just get really close,' Patrick thought as he inhaled sharply.

Patrick wasn't the only one to notice the closeness between them. Peyton not only noticed it, but she felt it too. A little too much. She now found it very hard to breathe with him this close. "Patrick," she spoke softly, "why are you doing this to me? Why do you have to be..like..this. So put together and here I am, waiting to fall apart."

Patrick placed his hands on the side of her face, making her look him in the eye. "If you fall, just remember, I will catch you Peyton."

A single tear rolled down Peyton's cheek. Patrick brushed it away with his thumb as she smiled at him through her tears. "Thank you Patrick. You may have just saved me, but you don't know what your getting yourself into."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"Hey! What took you so long? I saved you some dessert." Oliver said as Peyton sat back down in her seat. Patrick had already returned to the table a couple minutes before her, that way she could clean herself up.

"Oh, well, you know my mom. Once she gets started she never seems to stop. What kind of dessert did you save me?" Peyton questioned dodging Oliver's curious eyes.

"You know what kind," Oliver said in a low voice while wiggling his eyebrows up and down at her, making Peyton feel disgusted. "and some strawberry cheesecake. Your favorite."

Peyton smiled half heartidly as she took the plate that Oliver was handing her. "Oh and by the way," Oliver said whispering in her ear so that no one else could hear him, "me and you are going to be having a little talk later missy."

Peyton felt herself tense up as her eyes sought out for Patricks'. 'Oh, I hope you are a man of your word Patrick Stump.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

The ride back to the apartment was quiet and fast. No text messages or phone calls were there to break the silence that loomed between the two of them. Not even the radio was on, which was very odd for Oliver, who always had it blasting.

And Oliver, he was driving like a maniac, swerving in and out of cars, not caring if he got pulled over or hit something. Peyton had begged him to slow down, but that only caused him to speed up and cut it close with some pedestrains that were trying to cross the street.

They arrived with a squealing sound of rubber on pavement. Oliver jumped out of the car, slamming the door behind him startling Peyton. She opened her door slowly and emerged from the vehicle only to see Oliver kick a garbage can and punch the brick wall of their building as he made his way into the apartment building.

Oliver was no longer himself, his high had been long gone now. Peyton reached into her purse, grabbing her phone, flipping it open and programming Patrick's number into speed dial. 'Just in case.' she thought as she made her way towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"So Patrick, what were you and Peyton talking about tonight. Don't think I didn't know that you two had snuck off somewhere together!" Joe said as he plopped himself down beside Patrick on the couch.

Patrick turned his eyes away from the t.v. to give Joe an odd look. 'If Joe figured out what was going on, then...oh no, Peyton!' Patrick let his thoughts drift away as he jumped up from the couch and ran into his room.

He didn't bother shutting the door as he went in search for his phone. "Hey, what is up with you?" Joe called from the doorway. Patrick continued to ignore him as he threw his clothes about the room. He found his phone seconds later, neatly tucked in the pocket of his jeans from earlier that night. He flipped it open and he felt his heart sink. '1 Missed Call' was displayed before him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Ah, so there it is..sorry for it being short. I got the point that I wanted to get across, so it made me happy..so um..review?? Please..
Sign up to rate and review this story