Categories > Original > Drama

My Wittle Doobie

by RatedXXX 0 reviews

Based on a dream

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-20 - Updated: 2007-02-20 - 1571 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mickey sat upon one of the cold, stone benches in the circle at her highschool. She shoved her hands deep into the ripped pockets of her black jacket. She glanced at her old friend, Alyssa, who threw back at her, an angry glare.

Mickey's eyes dropped as did her head. She was used to staring at her black converse. She was used to not talking to as many people as she did, so this made it easier for her to slip off to a dream like state.

"Hey," said a voice.

This voice jerked Mickey back into reality. When she saw who it was she cleared her throat.

"Hey, Devin," she said.

She stayed seated as he sat down. Not next to her either. No. It was not because of a fight or a break up. No. The newest member of the Musgrave family sat between them. Mickey realised that her family was sitting with her and Alyssa had no one, not even a friend.

Mickey looked at her and stuck her tongue out at her. "You know what?" said Alyssa. "At least I can delete Mountain Whore, you can't delete that."

Mickey hated when people referred to her son as a 'that'. He had a name and perfectly good one too.

"He has a name," sneered Mickey, not looking at Alyssa.

"At least my children are fake," said Alyssa. "Floyd is real."

It wasn't their fault. He was an accident. Mickey would have gotten an abortion, but she actually loved Devin and why kill Floyd off? Wasn't he a symbol of their love? But no one else saw him as a symbol.

Everyone saw him as a life ruiner.

Mickey couldn't see how that was possible. Sure, Mickey's mom and uncle kicked her out when she told them there was no way she was gonna have an abortion. But she got to live with Devin.

Mickey went on leave before she started to show without any explanation. It could be for a number of reasons. Hell, the only people who knew the cause of her long absence was Devin's friends and Alyssa.

The only reason Devin even went to school was so no one thought anything and also so he could give Mickey's teachers her classwork and homework, but only for certain classes, like English and Science.

But he would never stay for a whole day. He usually went for an hour, after lunch and he'd always have some sort excuse to leave. But, when Mickey was having a bad day, he'd stay home all day.

After he was born, a week or two after, Mickey returned. Mickey couldn't drop out in her freshman year, no way and there was no way she was gonna let Devin drop out. So, Floyd had to come with them.

So, Mickey had to talk with her counselor on how this could work. Her counselor agreed to this: Mickey watches and tries to do her work through periods 1, 2 and 3 and Devin takes over periods 4, 5 and 6.

That worked out perfect. Early in the morning Floyd was usually fussy, so, Mickey's German teacher let her stand outside. Plus, Mickey hated German class. She was fully excused from PE, which she hated. And in Health, she was excused and sent to the circle.

Then, when English rolled by, along with Math and Science, she could give her full attention, since Devin had the baby. Plus, she adored those classes. Her two favorite teachers would never have to know.

This worked for Devin, too. His fourth period was Math, which he hated. But since Fourth is only 50 or so minutes away from lunch and only 3 minutes away from Floyd's lunch, he would cry. Devin used this to his advantage. He'd stand out there, not giving him the bottle (If the teacher saw he wasn't crying, Devin would have to come back in) and just hold him screaming, "trying" to calm him down.

So, he would only have to suffer for 47 minutes, then, when that bell would ring, he'd run to Mahony's class and give him a bottle.

Mickey just couldn't see how Floyd ruined their lives. Maybe he ruined Devin's. But no one knew for sure. He sure as Hell didn't seem to have his life ruined.

Mickey looked at her furry watch. Still had 5 more minutes until the first bell would ring. She sighed and secretly wished that Floyd would start crying so she would have no German class.

Luck must've been on her side cause Floyd began to whine.

Mickey smiled. No German. Even if Devin calmed him down, as he was trying to right now, he'd only start up again when he'd have to leave his daddy's warm arms.

"Whose my wittle doobie?" he cooed.

Mickey beamed at that and took a quick glance at Alyssa who just rolled her eyes. Then, the bell rang. Devin sighed and blew his hair out of his face. He laid Floyd back in his carrier.

"Give him his pacifer," said Devin.

"No," said Mickey.

Devin laughed/gasped at that.

"I don't wanna go to German," scoffed Mickey. "And his tears and wails are my ticket out."

"Well, see ya," said Devin as he turned to leave.

"Devin," said Mickey. He turned around and walked bakwards. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

Devin shrugged.

"My kiss?"

He rolled his eyes and walked back to her and planted a kiss on her lips. He began to walk off as Mickey took out Floyd from her carrier.

Mickey took his little arm and made it wave in Devin's direction.

"Wave bye bye to daddy."

Devin looked back at her and shook his head. Mickey smiled and laid the screaming Floyd into carrier once more, grabbed the baby bag and her backpack and headed for her German class.

"Mick," said Alyssa.

Mickey faked gasped. "Well, well, well, if it isn't Miss. I have the most perfect life cause I'm not 15 and have a baby!"

"I just wanted to ask you something," said Alyssa.

"You sure you wanna take to a tramp like me?" said Mickey, pain writen across her face.

"I wanted to know, do you live with Devin?"

"What's it to ya?"

"I'm curious," said Alyssa.

"You're gonna call social services and have them take away Floyd, aren't you?" sneered Mickey. "Well don't, me and Devin are doing a bang up job!"

"I wouldn't do that!" scoffed Alyssa. "Can you just tell me?"

"Yes, we live together," said Mickey.

"Why do you get here earlier than him?"

"Because I have to dress Floyd and get her baby bag ready," said Mickey who now began to climb up the stairs.

"And he doesn't help?"

"He likes to sleep in," said Mickey.

"Some husband he is," she scoffed and quicked her pace up that stairs.

"We aren't married!" yelled Mickey.

"And would you shut that baby up!?"

Mickey stuck her tongue out.

A hand rested upon Mickey's shoulder. It was Michael. One of the remaining people who talked to Mickey.

"Don't worry about her," he said.

Mickey nodded quietly.

Michael entered the German Class and Mickey sat outside staring at Floyd who was screaming right now.

"I hope you daddy was right about this," said Mickey digging through the baby bag.

She pulled from it a binky. She stuck it in Floyd's mouth and he sucked on it.

Mickey rested her chin on her knees. She just stared at Floyd.

"Ya know, for a child who has parents that are 14 and 15, you're pretty damn lucky," winked Mickey. "You have the best daddy ever."

With that, Mickey fell alseep. Mickey awoke to Floyd's cries. It had become much colder and all little Floyd had was her pajamas. Mickey sighed and took off her coat and wrapped Floyd in it.

"Crap!" said Mickey. "How long was I alseep for!?"

She checked her furry watch. Only 10 minutes until period one was over. She sighed.

"Hey, what you say we go meet daddy at his first period?" smiled Mickey.

---

Fourth Period rolled by and Mickey was in the main hall searching for Devin. She soon found him. Floyd, at this point, was screaming. The bell had rung and classes had started.

"Devin!" called Mickey.

"I'll be late!" he called back as he raced away from Mickey.

"We're already late!"

Devin sighed and walked back.

"I don't wanna take him today," he moaned.

"You know he wants you at this point more than anyone!"

"I know," sighed Devin. "But I can't."

"How can you resist?"

Floyd was now screaming harder and was now making grabbing motions at Devin, for he knew daddy would feed him soon.

"I can't carry him, the baby bag and my backpack!"

He had brought his Slipknot backpack to school.

"Devin!"

"Not my fault!" said Devin. "Someone jacked my other backpack in Auto yesterday, you know that!"

"We can switch," said Mickey.

"But I don't want to," moaned Devin.

"And I don't want to bring him to all my classes!" said Mickey. "I'm one of the star students in English!"

"Hey," said Devin. "I got an idea: let's go home."

"But I wanna go to science!" said Mickey.

Devin bent down to meet with Floyd.

"Does Floyd wanna stway for 140 more minutes?" cooed Devin.

Floyd took her small hands, gripped Devin's hair and pulled.

"AHHHHHHH!" he cried.

Mickey laughed at that.

He stood up. "I think that was a yes."

Mickey rolled her eyes. "Alright."

---end---
Sign up to rate and review this story