Categories > Original > Romance > I whispered "I always thought he was cute." and she whispered "he has a crush on me."

I whispered "I always thought he was cute." and she whispered "he has a crush on me."

by MsVengeance 1 review

My current crush. The way things are, and the way I hope things can be.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-22 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 431 words

0Unrated
There's that time when you suddenly see someone in a different light. The guy you just saw as one of your bestfriend's friend, the guy who you'd pay no attention to at the morning breakfast table as you laughed with your friend, the guy you saw as a loser, the guy you could care less about, the guy you just saw as 'jason*'s really tall friend', the guy who would one day become the main focus of your day. The guy with the dirty blonde hair, the guy with the colour-changing eyes, the guy who beats you by six inches (which makes you feel great since you're tall) the guy who's as quiet as he is cute, the guy who's been turned down a lot, yet can't seem to see that you'd love to give him a chance.

That's the guy.

I had known Mark for a long time, he was friends (and is) friends with my friend, Jason. Jason and I have known eachother since age nine. The day I saw Mark in a different light was the day I saaw him say hello to my bestfriend, Maddie. As soon as he had gone I whispered "I always thought he was cute." and she whispered "he has a crush on me." That was a sheer slap in the face. Maddie, so gorgeous, having all these boys all over here, and here I am, Izzy, tall, chunky, and not gorgeous, she seems to get all the boys I want. She shook her head and said "Don't worry, I'm taken. I'll help you. I'll introduce you guys." I smiled a little, she was great. I agreed, and the next day, it happened.

Maddie and I walked up the steps, and there he came, Mark, tall and adorable. "Hey Maddie." he said, and she replied "Hey Mark! This is my friend, Izzy." He turned to me, and I about melted. "Hi, I'm Mark." he said, we laughed a little, and we went our own ways. I was excited. All my friends said he was nice and didn't care about looks. I just hoped he'd find me desirable.

I ran to class and smiled to myself. Maybe this wouldn't be another Corey-tragedy (it's a different story) maybe he could be my long-term highschool relationship. oh, highschool. so drama-filled. Thoughts filled my head as I thought of him. I wanted to spill my heart out to him, but I;d have to give him time.

*NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED FOR PURPOSES.

More soon, this is what did happen.
What didn't, you'll find out soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story