Categories > Original > Romance

That Simple Night

by vulgar_vogue 1 review

Julie and Kisa take a trip to the grocery store at seven o'clock at night on a snowy Thursday. (f/f relationship)

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-23 - Updated: 2007-02-23 - 1038 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: That Simple Night
Author: vulgar_vogue
Length: one shot
Fandom: Original
Pairing: Julie (OFC)/Kisa (OFC)
Rating: PG
Genre: Romance
Disclaimer/Claimer: These characters are mine. Do not take them.
Summary: Julie and Kisa take a trip to the grocery store at seven o'clock at night on a snowy Thursday.
Notes: for the community hoursoftheday using the theme 7:00/19:00 pm.
This is written in first person point of view from the point of view of Kisa.



"You know, during a night like this I am happy to be alive." I smiled as I reached my hands out to catch a few snow flakes. It was a grey night. The sky was covered by layers of clouds and the ground was covered in a white blanket of snow, and I was here with her. "It's so romantic!"

"What? The snow?"

"The snow, and just being here with you."

"We are just going grocery shopping." She gave me that look with her crooked smile and raised eyebrows that said 'You are crazy.'

I had to laugh a little at her reaction. "It's romantic."

"It's just grocery shopping because we need food."

"But it's so beautiful."

"Sometimes I don't get you."

"That's the difference between you and me," I giggled. "I can find the simplest things romantic but you don't think like that. Has anyone ever told you that you need to stop and smell the roses?"

"I don't like roses. Roses have thorns."

"You don't have to touch them to smell them."

"I guess you are just special like that," She said taking my hand in to hers as we walked into the store. "You can find the beauty in everything and anything and make poetry out of it, but I'm not as idealistic as you are, Kisa-Teddy."

I gripped her hand tighter. I did not need to say anything more; we did not need to go into that tonight. For now I would keep things simple, beautiful and idealistic.

"Let's get our goodies and get out," She said as we made our way down the first aisle of the store. "What did we come here for again?"

"Milk, bread, and precooked chicken."

"Yummy!" I just had to smack her for that sarcastic remark. And of course she laughed. "I'll get you your precious milk princess." There she goes again, calling me princess. I don't know how many times I've told her not to call me that. Never the less as I watched her check the expiration date on the milk I couldn't help but smile to myself.

"I love you right now Julie." I didn't even realize that I had said it. It was not as if I had never told her that I loved her, but I was just so random. It was true though. Everything was just so simple right now, and things were never simple in our lives.

"What has gotten into you tonight?"

"I don't know... maybe tonight is just magical?"

I felt her arms wrap around my shoulders as she pulled me close to her so that she could whisper in to my ear. "I love you too darling, but I'm worried. I have never seen you act like this tonight."

I smiled against her arm. "I'm fine," I whispered back to her. "Nothing is wrong."

She backed away from me and gave me that worried look of hers, but I knew that she would not say anything else. Part of her was scared to say anything else. I know because I have that same fear.

Truth be told I had no idea what was going on with me but I had this feeling. It's hard to explain but it feels like a mixture of worry, fear, love, and excitement.

With the milk in hand we walked in silence to out next destination; the bakery section of the supermarket. I don't know if it was the smell of fresh bread or all those years of ignoring things but I did not expect to do what I did. I don't know why the tears came but I suddenly found myself crying, and when I cry I cry like a baby so anyone in that store must have heard me.

"Kisa..."

I couldn't answer her, so instead I grabbed her coat and pulled her closer to me. She cupped my face in her hands and tried to wipe away the tears all while making a "shhh" sound. Apparently I had only cried for a brief thirty seconds but it felt like thirty minutes to me. It ended just as quickly as it started but this time we didn't ignore it.

It needed to be addressed.

"We will talk about this at home."

I knew from the way her body was so tense, and her voice so serious that she was not going to let this go.

So we picked out some bread and precooked fried chicken, paid for our "meal," and left the store.

She drove us home, back to the tiny apartment that we share. She always drove me every where, then again I didn't have a license.

It was snowy outside. It was the slushy, mushy kind of snow tonight. It was the kind of snow that stuck to your windshield and made it all blurry so that you could hardly see where you were going. It made all of the usual blinding store lights look like dull spots among a grey background. It looked a lot like my life, dull and filled with spots.

When we drove down our street it was refreshing. There were no lights, or spots to get in the way. It was kind of like a relief.

Julie parked the car and I helped her carry our wonderful diner inside. We got out the paper plates, the soda cans, fixed our meal, and sat down at our wooden table. Before starting our meal I heard her let out a sigh. We both looked at each other.

Tonight things were going to be different.

Tonight things were going to change.

Tonight-

"Kisa."

Now things were going to be different.

"Let's talk."

-----Notes-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) I was thinking about turning this in to a chaptered story. So I'm looking for some feedback here.
Sign up to rate and review this story