Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

I Can't Help But To Hear An Exchanging Of Words

by artistelamore 8 reviews

Today is the day of Ryan's wedding but why isn't Brendon attending? ONE-SHOT

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-24 - Updated: 2007-02-24 - 870 words - Complete

1Original
Ryan arrived at a small cottage with Spencer and Jon. Many cars were parked outside and guests flooding inside. Ryan, Jon and Spencer made their way to the front door and stepped inside. The wooden cottage was caked with flowers and candles and all the seats were full of friends and family. They made their way up to the front just next to the alter, Spencer patted Ryan on the back before taking his place next to Jon as best man. Ryan stood anxiously waiting for his soon-to-be wife to arrive. Ryan Ross, an almost married man at 21, had a black suit on with a white collar shirt that had several sets of frills at the front. In his jacket pocket was a single red rose. His make-up was neatly applied, just eyeliner and foundation today. Spencer and Jon were wearing similar suits with red roses sticking out of their pockets. Suddenly the organ started, she had arrived.

Brendon sat back in the hotel room, his knees pressed to his chest. He was only wearing his boxer shorts and an old t-shirt, his suit was hanging on the door knob. He quickly wiped away some tears that had escaped when he had thought about Ryan getting married. Right now she was probably walking up the aisle, holding the bouquet of red roses and smiling fondly like she loves him, Brendon thought bitterly. You see, Brendon thought Ryan was making a big mistake that could never quite give him the reason why. Brendon had hated Regan the day they had met, she was always so fake and uninformative about where she had been. Of course Ryan trusted her but Brendon could see right through her.

Regan walked up the aisle carrying her bouquet of red roses and smiling fondly at Ryan. She had on a vintage wedding dress that had layers of lace and a corset. The veil was over her face but you could still see her clearly. She was beautiful on the outside but her ugliness on the inside showed through to everyone around her but Ryan. Her brown hair was clipped back with silver butterflies. The organ stopped as she stepped up to the alter taking Ryan's hands.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony." The priest began.

Brendon suddenly got up from the spot he had been sitting in for the last 20 minutes and searched through his wardrobe for a certain something to wear. He did his make-up and grabbed a hat as he ran out to get a cab.
"Where to?" The cab driver asked. Brendon recited the address and added sternly. "Quick."

"Now, do you, Regan Olivia Jones, take, George Ryan Ross the Third, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked.

"I do," She replied.

"George Ryan Ross the Third, do you take, Regan Olivia Jones, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," He said.

"If anyone has any objections to this marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace," The priest said looking out at the guests.
"Well then, by the..." The priest began but stopped as there was a loud bang as the doors were thrown open.

"Oh, well imagine
As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor
And I can't help but to hear
No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words

"What a beautiful wedding
What a beautiful wedding," says a bridesmaid to a waiter
"And, yes, but what a shame," Brendon sung loudly to no music.

He had on the exact thing he wore in the video clip, he tilted his hat as he quickly walked up the isle to where Ryan and Regan were holding each others hands. Ryan looked totally shocked and Regan looked disgusted. Brendon flicked his hat up Regan straight in the eye.

"What a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore." He said in a low tone.

"What?" Ryan asked dropping Regan's hand.

"You believe I'm cheating on you because this guy comes in singing that stupid song?" Regan said as she ripped off her veil.

"Regan, no. Wait, please." Ryan said catching her wrist as she tried to run out of the cottage. All the guests were stirring now, a buzz of noise coming from the seats. Regan wriggled free and ran off, Ryan turned to Brendon.

"What the hell?" He shouted to him. Brendon took his hat off.

"You can't get married," He said knowing it was a weak excuse.

"Yeah, I guess I can't thanks to you!" Ryan said sarcastically. Brendon bowed his head, could he tell Ryan the real reason?

"Yes, thanks to me because, Ryan," Brendon stopped and stepped closer to Ryan, "I love you." Slight shock flooded Ryan's face, his mouth was open in disbelief.

"Really?" Ryan said softer staring into Brendon's eyes.

"I love you, Ryan Ross!" Brendon repeated louder kissing Ryan passionately on the lips. Ryan whispered into Brendon's ear.

"I think you just made the bride's groom a whore." Brendon let out a laugh and kissed Ryan again.
Sign up to rate and review this story