Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Silver and Cold

This You Can Keep

by Cerediwen 4 reviews

Melaina does have a heart...really...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 807 words

0Unrated
A/N: A shorter chapter because I have a pretty off centre idea for the next one so you know, watch this space!
Disclaimer: Come on, have I ever said I own...really...ish...?

Chapter 40

Kaela's long, dark hair flew across her face in the wind as she stood at Frank's side just outside the city walls. In front of them Michael James Way's plain wooden coffin was being lowered deep into the ground, the gathering dusk spreading shadows across the cemetery. Just infront of the grave, where the two men worked to lower the coffin into the pit, Gerard stood. His head was bowed and icy tears were trickling silently down his white cheeks as he watched his brother disappear for the last time. He stayed standing there long after the grave had been filled in and with one last cross Frank had led the vocalist's daughter away from her uncle's grave. He stayed there even as the Sun set below the trees that crept out into the cemetery grounds and only dropped to his knees and sobbed when darkness had covered the land.

~~~~~~~~~~~*~

Melaina was sobbing, heavy hard felt tears rushing like rivers down her cheeks, spreading mascara and eyeliner everywhere as she made no move to wipe them away. She hadn't stopped crying since that morning, hadn't stepped out of her room since she'd fled to it after Gerard had told her to go. Now her room was plunged into darkness because the one candle that normally illuminated it had not been lit. Behind her open curtains, sitting at her small desk and staring out down to the cemetery she sobbed, her tears catching the few beams of moonlight that reached her. As she cried she counted off the names of those dead in their graves since she'd first come to the city. Below one crypt in the far corner, hidden behind a wall of tangled branches and ivy the whole city was imprisoned. Underneath countless graves were the bodies of those who had apposed her and underneath two of them were the bodies of two of her lover's best friends. Melaina had never found out where they had buried the third body - Tiberius had refused to tell her and a slight smile reached her face as she thought of him. He too would join those dead under the ground and it wouldn't be her who would kill him. He was so old now and he wouldn't last much longer but she sensed that there was some power holding him back and she wondered what it could be.
Running her hand across her still tear filled eyes she got up, her limbs creaking with cramp and protest as she walked towards the door, black still smeared over her cheeks. She needed to send the Master of the Guard to fetch Gerard back, a task she was not inclined to do herself.

~~~~~~~~~~*

Tiberius sighed as he walked through the rough wooden gates into the cemetery; there was no denying that the place was defiantly spooky at night, with the sweeping shadows of the twisted trees decorating it. He saw the crouched figure as soon as he entered, silhouetted against the graves as if he was glowing and at that moment he saw where Kaela had got her drawing from. Just standing there and looking across at the almost illuminated figure he could almost picture the feathered black whites spreading in a glorious arch from his shoulder blades, almost as if they were reaching for the moon. Nearly instinctively his hand went to his pocket where the drawing still rested, rolls into a tube and tied with a piece of red wool. Taking a deep breath of the cold air he wound his way through the graves until he reached the vocalist then rested a hand lightly on his shoulder. Gerard turned around slowly, shifting his red eyes away from the cross that marked his brother's grave, tears still sparkling on his cheeks. Tiberius gulped before he spoke.
"Melaina sent me to bring you back Gerard." He told him quietly, almost scared to break the silence of the graveyard. To his relief and surprise Gerard nodded and got slowly and shakily to his feet. "You have something from Kaela don't you." He stated instead of asked.
Tiberius would have been shocked that he knew but instead he drew the paper from his pocket and pressed it into the rockstar's hand, sighing as he did so. "Yes, she told me it was for you." He told Gerard in almost a whisper and then shook his head "She's a strange child but a clever one." He looked up and studied Gerard with calculating grey eyes "A little like you I think." He smiled before starting to walk back to city.
"And Gerard," He called "She's watching over you."

~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Sign up to rate and review this story