Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

50. ...And the Cross is Someone She Has Not Met...

by luckysgc921 5 reviews

in which Molly comes home...and stays there. In which Sean kicks her in the ass, figuratively to work through "whatever happened in New York to fuck her up"...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 1619 words

4Insightful
The next day Molly headed to LaGuardia with the few pieces of luggage she hadn't already shipped home. Once she had arrived and checked in she nervously sat down and awaited her flight. Glancing around at the other passengers Molly fidgeted in her seat. Finally after a half an hour she couldn't stand the feeling off all the eyes on her so she got up and headed for a Starbucks.
'why are they all looking at me anyway?' Molly thought to herself as she made her way through the airport. Finally arriving at the coffee kiosk Molly placed her order and waited. When a woman asked her if she had the time it was the final straw.
"NO! God. Leave me alone." She nearly screamed. The stranger quickly apologized and hurried away. Molly ran her hands over her face and took her coffee from the server before heading back to her gate. Sitting back down Molly sipped her coffee and kept her eyes trained on the floor trying to ignore the fact that she knew everyone was talking about her.
'nosy busy bodies. What do they care about me for anyway?' she repeated the question over and over in her head until it was time to board her flight.
The flight itself was thankfully not nearly as bad as the wait had been. Molly fished out two xanax her doctor had given her for emergencies and let herself fall asleep for the three hour flight to Chicago.

Stepping off the plane at O'Hare Molly still couldn't shake the feeling that everyone was staring at her, so when she spotted Sean waiting at the gate she smiled and hurried over to her brother.
"Can we go home? like RIGHT now?"
"Yea...that's why I'm here."
"Ok let's go." Molly grabbed his arm and started dragging him towards the main part of the airport.
"Whoa.. Molly. We have to get your bags."
"Oh yea." She said softly and turned towards where the luggage carosels were. If Sean noticed anything funny about the way Molly's eyes constantly darted around, or that she avoided eye contact with every single person around her he didn't say anything.
Once they arrived home Molly immediately went upstairs to her bedroom telling Sean she wanted to put her things away and she would be down later.
Closing her bedroom door behind her, Molly quickly turned the lock. Walking up the stairs with her suitcases she threw them in the corner before walking over to her window and double checking the latches. Satisfied that her room was secure Molly walked over to her bed and got under the covers and let herself pass out.

A few hours later she was awoken by the sound of someone pounding on her bedroom door. Grumbling to herself Molly got up and stomped down the stairs. Flipping the lock and opening the door she barked out "WHAT?!"
"I missed you." said a little voice. Looking down Molly was shocked to see Jamie.
"Oh...hey kiddo. Sorry. I musta fallen asleep. Come on up." Molly turned and walked upstairs as her little brother, now eight, scurried up behind her. "Sooo....tell me how school has been."
"Well...third grade sucked."
"Language."
"You use worse."
"Consider this a do as I say, not as I do moment."
"Mean."
"Yup." Molly said with a smirk as she grabbed her brother and tickled him. As Jamie cracked up Molly smiled and tried to ignore the feelings that something was very very wrong.

A few days later and Molly was finally settled in. No one commented on the fact that she hadn't left the house she since had arrived back home. Everyone was too focused on trying to keep Maureen on her medication and the fact that Sean was graduating from high school in two weeks.
Molly walked downstairs one morning and was surprised to see Pete sitting in her living room flipping through a magazine. Freezing at the sight of him sitting there part of Molly freaked out. 'don't yell don't yell don't yell' she kept telling herself. Taking a deep breath Molly slowly exhaled before nicely asking Pete to put the magazine down.
"Why?" He responded confused, "And why are you still in your pajamas at two in the afternoon?"
"What are you doing here?"
"I was waiting for you. I figured you'd come down sooner or later. Sean said you've been acting funny so I figured I'd just wait."
"Well...I would prefer it if you left."
"What?!"
"I'm not..in the mood for visitors." Molly muttered before turning around walking back upstairs. Pete stared after her in shock before sighing and walking out.

The next weeks passed exactly the same way. It was finally the day of Sean's graduation and Molly was sitting in her room fully dressed and ready to go, but with no intention of moving. Her brother's voice behind her startled Molly out of her stupor.
"I don't know what's up with you lately. I'm sorry for whatever it is. I know I haven't always been the best brother, but it would mean a lot to me if you would come today." Molly didn't turn around until she heard him sigh and walk down the stairs. Looking back at her reflection Molly wiped at her eyes before standing up and walking down the stairs.
Getting into the backseat of the car Molly curled up slightly and put her head on her knees for the ride over to the highschool. A few seconds later she felt Sean's arm go around her shoulder and he pulled her head down onto his shoulder. As Molly felt him rub her back she smiled and let herself relax for the first time in a while.
Molly found the ceremony to not be as painful as being around people had been lately. Everyone's eyes were on the graduates, Molly was positive of that. She found herself smiling and laughing at the speeches when they were funny. Rolling her eyes along with all the young people in attendence when they were corny. And clapping and cheering when her brother got his diploma.
Once it was over however, all she wanted to do was go home again.

It was a few days later when Sean finally snapped and stormed into his sisters room.
"You need to see someone. You're going to wind up exactly like Mom if you don't."
"What are you talking about?" Molly asked him from the futon where she had been reading a book.
"You haven't left this house for a month. Not since you got home. Jesus Molly it's almost July for fuck's sake."
"Not true."
"Four hours for my graduation does NOT count as leaving the house Molly Ann."
"Mom and Dad don't seem to have a problem with my behavior."
"Dad's too focused on Mom not over dosing herself. And Mom wouldn't notice if Jamie dyed his hair pink and started wearing dresses."
"I think she'd probably notice that."
"Ha ha. My point being Mom and Dad live on another planet. I however notice these things. I don't know WHAT you did in New York this year to fuck yourself up so badly and I know you won't tell me if you even tell anyone but I still think you need to talk to someone. Hell...I don't care if you call up one of your friends and talk to them. You need to talk to SOMEONE."
"Are you just about finished?"
"No."
"Yea you are. Get out."
"I said I'm not done."
"I said you are. Get out." Molly repeated calmly before turning back to her book and proceeding to ignore him.
"Damnit Molly. I almost lost you once already. I'm not ready to give up my sister." Sean finished before stalking downstairs and slamming her door behind him. Molly put down her book and rubbed her temples.
'stupid eighteen year olds aren't supposed to be right.' Molly thought disgustedly to herself.

It was two days later when Molly finally picked up the phone and dialed a number she knew she would never forget no matter how hard she tried.
"Hello?"
"Hey."
"Hi....I was starting to think you weren't going to call."
"Wild horses remember?"
"Right. It has been a good month since you got home."
"Yea...about that. I was wondering...." Molly trailed off and closed her eyes for a second.
"Yes...you were wondering?" Patrick prompted her.
"Can I come over and talk?"
When Patrick didn't answer her right away Molly quickly ammended her statement, "Nevermind. I'm sure you're probably busy..."
"No no..." He interrupted, "I'm just surprised is all. Pete said you didn't seem...well ok, I'll put it bluntly. Pete said you seemed fucked up in the head."
"Yea, he's not totally off base." Molly mumbled.
"What?"
"Nothing. So I can come over?"
"Yea..of course. You know despite everything I'd always be here if you needed me." Patrick said softly.
"I know. So I'll see you in a little bit?"
"Whenever you feel like it."
"Ok. Patrick, thank you." Molly quickly hung up before he could reply. Getting up she walked over to the mirror and looked at her reflection.
"Ok O'Conell. You can do this. You sit down and you talk to Patrick. You tell him everything." Molly nodded in response to her own orders before heading down the stairs and over to the Stumph residence.

----------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Title is from "She Talks to Angels" By: The Black Crowes. This is one of my all time favorite songs. ever.

hope everyone likes this one. I'm sorta stuck so I feel like everything is coming out choppy and sucky...sooo...lemme know what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story