Categories > Games > Devil May Cry > Devil May Cry: Remnants

Prologue

by dantes_pimp 0 reviews

A mysterious drug turns people mad. A case of cult-like suicides troubles a corrupt detective. A devil hunter seeks the truth behind a mute boy's prophecy. And a warrior prepares for the end of day...

Category: Devil May Cry - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Dante, Lady, Mundus, Trish, Vergil - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-02-26 - Updated: 2007-02-26 - 1210 words

0Unrated
Details - This story follows 3 main characters: Roark, Dante, and Pandora. Each of their stories opens with a journal and then switches to third point of view, describing their side of a particular day. There'll be other things included, like chatroom conversations and reports from other characters. Finally, the story is set after DMC2.

Copyrights - I wish I could own these hotties, but I don't! :-( Dante and Vergil belong to Capcom. So do Trish, Lucia, Lady, and the rest of the DMC gang (Yes, everyone's here!). All other characters are mines. ^_^

Author's Note - I'm new here but am very excited about finding this place so howdy everyone. ^_^ Anyway, this story contains harsh language, religious discussion, violence, suicide, strong adult situations, drug & alcohol usage. In no way does this story condone either action. In truth, this story is really about hope and redemption, partly inspired by my hope for a family friend who committed suicide years ago to find peace. Other than all this, read on brave readers. Just don't sue me if this story screws with your head, lol.



* PROLOGUE - FRANK'S REPORT *


Chicago, Devon Street - Vortex's Dance Club

1:09 AM - Arrived at Vortex on account of several club goers reporting 'brutal murder and chaos' occurring in said club. Several were present on our arrival. Many were distressed and too incoherent to speak. Possibly intoxicated. According to one eyewitness, at around 12:45 AM several civilians began 'to eat each other' while remaining members 'continued dancing madly.' Music, heavy metal, could be heard inside complex. Assumed many club goers and band inside still unaware of the situation. Proceeded with caution to avoid panic.

1:11 AM - Attempted to enter complex, however, all entrances were barricaded. Security officers of club were not present. Requested back-up.

1:12 AM - Screaming could be heard and three shots were fired. Screaming resumed for approximately three minutes then stopped. Meanwhile, music resumed playing.

1:16 AM - Music finally stopped.

1:21 AM - Back-up team arrived. Successfully entered the front entrance, the foyer of the club. Immediately noted a foul stench in the air that could be described as spoiled meat. Also noted the faint smell of gun powder, possibly from gun fire heard earlier.

1:22 AM - Entrance to dance floor was either barricaded or blocked by something.

1:24 AM - Finally pushed open double doors. Discovered door was indeed being blocked. By bodies. Many more bodies were discovered at the center of the dance floor. They appeared to be stacked on top of the other. Majority of the club goers were found dead, chunks of their flesh torn out. Remaining few were fatally wounded, suffering from massive blood lost. Called in an ambulance and requested extra assistance.

Oddly, the band was absent as well as their equipment.

1:28 AM - Upon further investigation of the scene we realized there were a handful of club goers still alive backstage. Though suffering from similar 'bite' wounds they didn't appear to be severe or life-threatening. However, each of the 15 we found were currently eating off the bodies. They all appeared to be in a trance of some sort as neither of them seemed aware of our presence. Even when Officer Nikolov fired a warning shot they didn't make an attempt to escape or stop eating. As Officers Mitchel and Mendez arrested two of them, however, they all began to scream and went into a state of confusion. When one of them tried to flee the scene Officer Nikolov employed his stun gun.

1:31 AM - Gathered all 15 to the foyer. All remained in a state-of-confusion. Officer Nikolov and I returned to the dance floor to check on the fatally wounded and search for more survivors.

1:36 AM - Assistance arrived and the 15 taken in for questioning. Officers Mitchel and Mendez rejoined us at the dance floor to continue our search. No other survivors were found.

1:38 AM - Ambulance arrived. Several of the fatally wounded already announced dead. Only one taken away to the hospital for immediate treatment.

Personal Notes / Additional Information:
Event shared similar characteristics with cases 1045, 1302, 1506, 1966, 2179. These cases aren't localized to a certain area but rather, spread across the world. From Japan to here in the States. Yet, they share a strong recurring theme. Each of these events occurred in secluded night clubs, for one. Mainly underground. Possibly to avoid attention. More important, however, is that each case presented cannibalistic behavior among club goers. Strangely, those who had actually partaken in the cannibalistic behavior like the 15 we recently found, didn't remember why they did it. Yet, they felt they had no control over themselves, as if possessed by an 'unknown force.' Because it remains unknown as to how many cases are similar to this in nature, determining a timeline to establish the first case is improbable at the moment. Yet, it's been my theory that these cases may have begun just during the past few years.
With the exception of three, all participants in each of the cases had been law-abiding citizens with clean records. Other than that night, they had never met each other. Psychological tests revealed none of them were mentally ill either. Nor did they display any criminal-like behavior. However, many admitted to taking illegal substances. A blood test revealed an unidentifiable chemical present in their bloodstreams at the time of the event. Even more revealing, these people had admitted in taking an unknown drug that night. Forensics determined that many corpses possessed this same chemical too at the time of death. Eyewitnesses who survived the ordeal and didn't partake in the cannibalistic behavior actually tested negative for this chemical. There may be a connection established here.
Details of this drug remain unknown. There's always a chance another factor is the cause for these extreme behaviors. Yet, I recommend a thorough investigation of the drug since it's been present in all these cases. If it is indeed responsible for these odd behaviors then we have a serious matter in our hands. Its side effects are extremely lethal and, as we all know, drugs remain a problem worldwide. The distribution of the drug may be as far reaching and elusive as other drugs out in the street.
Having said that, I feel the Department must proceed with caution. The grisly details displayed in these cases might cause panic beyond our community. As we know, some underground organizations might even take advantage of this. Luckily, all the cases I mentioned here haven't merit enough publicity thanks to the current Project Serial scandal. Regardless, I suspect we'll see more cases like this emerging in the future so it'll only be a matter of time before the public knows. Perhaps sooner. I feel we should place these cases on our top agenda and contact other Departments to make them aware of the situation.
One last thing that I feel is worth mentioning, and possibly another link to these cases, is the presence of an unknown band. No one remembers the band's name nor can recollect their faces. All that we truly know for sure is that they're a heavy metal band that has a taste for the Satanic. Even among those who survived the event don't remember their name. Asked who was playing in the Vortex that night, none of them recalled. However, one of the eyewitnesses said something I found peculiar:

"They were playing the Devil's music."


- Sgt. Frank Reese

Sign up to rate and review this story