Categories > TV > Stargate: Atlantis > High Order

Chatper 4

by Dannylion 0 reviews

John and his group go to a planet and rescue a girl froma cruel village. She lives in Atlantis. Someone's past threatens to destory Atlantis.

Category: Stargate: Atlantis - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Carson Beckett, Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard, Rodney McKay, Teyla Emmagan - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-27 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 2400 words

0Unrated
A/N: See chapter 1 for disclaimer. Please review when you finished reading. ^_^
Spoiler Warning: Somewhat vague spoilers for "Michael" and "Vengeance"... pretty much I'm going to be mentioning the retro-virus.

Kira frowned as she continued to draw the same symbols over and over again. It had been two days since the cube had infected her causing her to grow. Dr. Beckett had tried everything to find a way to reverse the effect of the cube but had been unsuccessful. Dr. McKay had also tried reverse engineering the cube, but he also failed.
"How are you feeling?" a nurse asked Kira. Kira clenched her hand around the pencil. The nurse had asked her the same question less then an hour ago. Kira had insisted that she was ok and even asked to be allowed to go to her room but Carson had refused to release her.
"I'm fine," Kira spat as she pressed the pencil deep into the paper. The tip of the pencil snapped and went flying straight onto Elizabeth Weir's shirt. Elizabeth looked up at her in surprise. "I'm so sorry!" Kira said quickly, as she sat up straighter.
"Are you feeling better?" Elizabeth asked.
Kira nodded eagerly, wanting desperately to leave the infirmary. "I feel very good. I want to go to my room. Can I?" she asked.
Elizabeth opened her mouth to answer when John interrupted her.
"Hey! Glad to see you sitting up. You couldn't do that yesterday," John said casually. Elizabeth sighed.
"Yes, well I feel a lot better and want to go to my room!" Kira said quickly.
"I'm afraid I can't let you go yet," Carson said as he walked out of another room. Kira frowned at him then sighed.
"I need to show you something," Carson said as he motioned for Elizabeth and John to follow him.
"What is it?" John asked after they moved out of earshot of Kira.
"It's Kira," Carson said gravely. "That virus did something to her."
"That's very observant," John stated. Elizabeth glared at John and he sighed.
"When the virus first infected Kira its sole purpose was to make her grow into an adult woman. At first I had no idea why the virus would do this. What kind of person would make a virus just to make someone grow older? I just found out why the virus was making her grow older. Because it's true purpose is to change Kira into a Wraith."
"How can it do that?" Elizabeth asked completely surprised.
"Remember how I told you that like Teyla, Kira has some Wraith DNA in her, but the Wraith DNA was so minimal I nearly missed it. The Wraith DNA is starting to overwrite her human DNA."
"Like the retrovirus we created to turn the Wraith into humans?" John asked.
Carson nodded. "Exactly. Except this virus does the exact opposite. The virus is turning Kira into a Wraith. If her body rejects the changes that are happening, she will probably die. If she allows the changes to happen, then I have no idea what will happen. Best case scenario is that the DNA changes stop soon and all Kira is left with is an extra sensitivity to the wraith presence, much like Teyla."
"What's the worst case, Doc?" John asked almost afraid of the answer.
"Worst case scenario, she will become a full-fledged Wraith. And if that happens she will want... no need to feed upon humans just like a Wraith."
"NO! Stay away!" Kira's voice screamed. Dr. Beckett quickly went over to his patient. She had gotten off the bed and was shaking in a corner of the room. "Stay away I said!" she yelled as she threw her pencil at Beckett.
"Kira," John said as he moved closer to her. "It's ok."
"I said stay away!" Kira yelled as she pressed herself against the wall. A nurse carefully inched her way closer to Kira.
"They're going to hurt you! Do experiments on you," the Wraith in front of Kira hissed. Kira stared at him in horror.
"You lie!" Kira yelled.
"Watch. They will try to put you to sleep. They know you are no longer human and will do horrible things to you." The Wraith stepped to one side allowing Kira to see Carson hold up a needle. "I would run if I were you," the Wraith murmured.
"There's a Wraith!" Kira yelled as she pointed to the Wraith. Everyone looked at where she pointed to and shook their heads.
"You're hallucinating Kira," Beckett said as he slowly walked over to her.
"NO! There's a Wraith next to you, Uncle Carson!" Kira screamed. Her imaginary Wraith smiled at her and stepped away as Carson stepped forward.
"He moved!" Kira yelled.
"Kira, there are no Wraith in Atlantis," Carson stated. A male nurse walked toward her slowly as John backed up.
Through the corner of her eye Kira saw the door open and Ronon walk into the room.
Kira jumped up and ran towards the open door. The male nurse jumped at her but she dove to the ground. She neared the open door but Ronon's strong arms grabbed her, preventing her from leaving. Kira rammed her knee into Ronon's stomach. He fell to the ground in surprise as she pulled out his weapon from his side, setting it to kill. She quickly turned and pointed the gun at Elizabeth.
"Kill her!" the Wraith commanded.
"Kira!" John yelled placing himself in front of Elizabeth. "What are you doing?"
Kira's eyes widened in surprise. She stared at Ronon's gun in horror then quickly dropped it. "I..." She took off through the hall.
"I'll go after her," John said as he ran down the hall after her. Ronon staggered to his feet and quickly followed Sheppard.


Kira ran down some stairs and then into a hall trying desperately to get away from the infirmary. She looked around desperately and saw a transporter chamber. She swiped her hand across the sensor pad opening the door. She ran in and quickly pressed a destination on the transporter map. Taking a few steps back until her back hit the wall, Kira allowed herself to slide down to the ground. She wrapped her arms around her legs and began to cry.
"Do not cry for those humans," the Wraith said. Kira looked up at him in surprise.
"How did you get in here?!" She shrieked.
"For you to not even sense me..." The Wraith stopped talking and just stared at Kira.
"Why are you doing this?!" Kira yelled as she moved as far away as possible from the Wraith.
"It is your destiny. You knew what would happen before finishing the cube. You didn't even have to touch the cube to know that it belonged to you and that it would change your life forever. You know that you wanted the change to happen," the Wraith stated. Kira covered her face with her hands and shook her head. The Wraith stared at her curiously. "Why do you feel for these humans?" he asked.
"Because they were kind to me," Kira said softly.
"Kind? They were using you," the Wraith said as he looked around.
"Stop talking! You're just a figment of my imagination!" Kira yelled as she pressed her hands against her ears.
"You can't stop me," the Wraith said. Kira realized that he was talking to her in her mind.
"Kira?" Rodney asked as he walked into the lift. He could barely recognize her in her adult body.
Kira looked up at him in surprise. She hadn't realized that the transporter doors had opened.
"Rodney..." She whispered as if to assure herself that he was there. "Rodney!" she cried and wrapped her arms around his neck.
"What happened?" Rodney asked in surprise.
"The 'gate," Kira whispered. "We have to go to the Stargate!" she demanded.
"We should get you back to the..."
"The 'gate!" Kira demanded. "I'm dying."
"You're what?!" Rodney asked horrified.
Kira pulled him into the lift and closed the doors. "Dying! I can feel my body is dying," Kira stated. "But I'm sure that the people on my world know how to stop this! The virus in me..." she paused. "It's killing me. We have to go back to my world to stop it." Kira moved Rodney to her left side so that her imaginary Wraith would be beside her. Even though she knew she was imagining him she hated the thought that he was next to Rodney.
"Ok," Rodney stated. He seemed unusually quiet.
Kira looked at Rodney curiously. "Why are you here?"
"Well... I was on my way to..." Rodney started to stammer, uncharacteristically caught off-guard.
"Never mind," Kira quickly said.
"They will be waiting for you," the Wraith said.
"Shut up!" Kira spat.
"I didn't say anything," Rodney said surprised by her change of mood.
Kira looked at Rodney and he backed up surprise. Her face held pure hate and malice. She could see and feel Rodney tense up. Kira turned away and looked down at her hand. They had become paler and something was happening to her palm. The door opened and Rodney stepped out. Kira absent-mindedly followed him as they walked into the gate room.
A chill ran down her back knocking Kira back to her senses. She felt the energy of numerous people around her but saw very few people.
"You can feel it. Can't you," the Wraith said as he walked behind her. "The people and your growing urge to feed."
"Kira," John called softly as he walked out of the opposite hallway. Kira grabbed Rodney and pulled him against her.
"I have to go home!" Kira yelled.
"Ok, but we need to talk about this." John said as he raised his hands to show her he was unarmed.
The Wraith casually walked over to Kira with a smile on his face.
Kira pulled Rodney closer to the 'gate trying to get away from the Wraith.
"Don't come any closer!" She yelled at the wall.
Ronon got ready to stun Kira as soon as he got a clear shot.
"Or what? You'll kill the human? Do you think I care?" the Wraith asked as he neared her. "Just kill him and let's get out of here."
"No!" Kira yelled as she swung the gun and fired at the wall. Blue energy appeared around a figure making it appear briefly. Kira let Rodney go as her eyes grew wide. "You're real." She whispered.
"We need to leave now, Kira!" the Wraith cried out in Kira's mind as he ran behind her. Kira took a few steps back trying to get away from the Wraith but he grabbed her by the neck and pulled her to him. Kira struggled trying to get out of the Wraith's strong grip but he held her firmly. Everyone stared in surprise as the Wraith appeared from behind Kira. He held her arm's firmly and smirked at them.
"I think we've over stayed our welcome. Don't you, killer?" The Wraith asked Kira.
Kira cried out as she continued to struggle. "I'm not a killer," Kira yelled as she flipped the Wraith over her body, stepped on his chest and held her gun point blank on his forehead. She didn't know where her strength came from but she knew it was bad yet she enjoyed the feeling.
The Wraith began to laugh as the soldiers moved in. "Step any closer and everyone dies!" the Wraith quickly yelled as he pulled out a small round object. He pressed the button in the middle and it began to beep. "This is a detonator. If you kill me the bombs that I have place around the city will blow up. I will only deactivate it once we leave this place," the Wraith smiled maliciously.
Kira hesitated but finally took her foot off him. He got up and brushed his jacket as if he were in no peril.
"Did you like how it felt? To have your prey powerless before you. You stay here killer and you will only hurt these people. The people who you claim to care about." He looked at Kira and smiled. "Shall we get going?" the Wraith asked Kira.
"Get away from her!" John yelled as he stepped closer.
"Do not come any closer. I have no problem destroying any of you," the Wraith stated with confidence.
"I'll go with you," Kira stated calmly.
The Wraith smiled as he turned to look at her. "I knew you would come to your senses," the Wraith reached his hand out for Kira to grab.
"Only if you deactivate the bombs," Kira said taking one toward him.
"On my honor I will," the Wraith said as he held up the detonator.
"Kira don't!" John yelled.
The Wraith looked back at the 'gate and it immediately opened.
"Shut down the 'gate!" Elizabeth commanded.
Red energy came out of Ronon's gun and hit a blue field that surrounded the Wraith and Kira.
"Soon you will be officially inducted into the ranks of the High Order," the Wraith smiled and made a small bow. The Wraith pinched her neck and Kira fell unconscious. He caught her and put the detonator down. "I keep my word. But I'm afraid she is going to go through a lot of pain because of you. We can't have her having a soft spot for humans." He stepped into the 'gate and laughed as Ronon fired more shots at him. The event horizon collapsed as soon as they went through.
"Dial it back!" Ronon yelled. Elizabeth looked over at Chuck who sat at to the dialing console who shook his head.
"We can't. The Wraith didn't activate the 'gate through this console. He must have dialed it remotely. We have no way of knowing where he went," Chuck stated gravely, shaking his head.
"No!" Rodney said softly. "No no no!" He yelled finally. "I have to find her." He said as he grabbed a laptop that was near by and connected it to the console. "Her home!" He said, after a moment.
"What?" John asked.
"She said she had to go home. The planet we found her on," Rodney stated. "That's where we can find clues!"
"Alright," Elizabeth said nodding her head. "Take Major Lorne's team with you. There could be more Wraiths on that planet," Elizabeth stated.
"We'll be ready in an hour." John stated.
Sign up to rate and review this story