Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Falter

Chapter 7

by hips-n-hearts86 9 reviews

Peyton Clarkson's boyfriend had just signed with one of the biggest recording companies around, and now hes heading out to tour with another major band, Fall Out Boy. What happens when he can't alw...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 1968 words

5Exciting
Ok, so I see that my last chapter didn't fair to well lol. Well I hope this one makes up for it. I should really hold out until Gwen updates her, but alas I will give into temptation and post! Here you go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

'Rain. This is not a good way to start a tour off, or atleast this isn't a good sign anyways.' Peyton thought as she tried to dodge the raindrops that fell around her. Today was the day. The begining of what would be a long journey worth the while for not only Oliver and his bandmates, but for Peyton herself. She had a feeling that morning when she woke up. A feeling of relief and calm had been swept over her. She knew things were going to themselves out this time, or so she thought.

For one, Oliver had believed her little white lie about her sister Gwen calling and two, well, she got to text Patrick whenever she felt like it without the boyrfriend finding out. Things could not get any better for her now, and then the clouds opened up above her and drenched her in worry. 'Is this a sign of my impending doom or the end of something much bigger?' she questioned herself as she lugged her bags towards the huge bus that stood in front of her.

"Oliver? Will you be a dear and get my last couple of bags for me?" Peyton called out as she dropped her big duffel bag in a puddle. "Great." she mumbled as she picked it back up.

Oliver waved at her, giving her the finger for just one more second of time. Apparently his conversation with a certain Peter Wentz was more important that his girlfriend drowning in the rain.

"I'll give you a hand Peyton," came a voice from behind her. She turned around slowly, her feet sloshing in the thick layer of rain on the street.

"Patrick, you really don't have to. Oliver's going to be.." Peyton started to say as Patrick grabbed her bags from the curb and walked to the bus she would be staying on.

"What is he going to be doing; helping you?" Patrick looked around as he placed her bags in the storage compartment under the bus. "Where is he Peyon?"

Peyton had followed Patrick to the bus, her other now soaked, duffel bag was slung over her shoulder. "He was just right here talking to Pete." She shook her head in disbelief. Of course Oliver would do something like this when she needed him.

"So," Patrick began, sticking his hands deep into his pockets. The rain now had the hair that was sticking out from under his hat drenched. The blue hat he had adorned today was dripping rain drops into his eyes, but he did not care to notice. "are you ready to start your new and exciting job?" he added a smile for affect.

Man, did it seem to work too. Peyton smiled back, her make up now ran freely down her cheeks as the rain continued to splash against her face. "Excited I guess. I just hope the other merch people won't be ignorant to me."

Patrick gave her an odd look, "You have met Dirty right?"

Peyton laughed, "Yes, sadly. I believe he told me he loved his life too many times to count."

"Yep, that would be him alright." Patrick paused, and let out a breath he did not know he was holding. "Well, I better go and get unpacked. I will text or call you later or something, ok?" he said tapping her shoulder lightly as he started to walk away.

"Yeah that would be cool," she said as he turned and walked onto his bus. 'Cool? Who says cool? I'm not twelve. Gr.' Peyton thought as she walked towards her own bus doors.

"UGHF! Hey, watch where your goi..Peyton?"

"Ugh, I'm sor..Gwen?!" Peyton shouted as she rubbed her slowly bruising head. 'I should stop daydreaming. I'm liable to knock myself out.' "What are you doing here?"

Gwen pulled her younger sister into a hug. "Suprise! So I guess Oliver can keep a secret. I'm here to keep you company and out of trouble my dear little sister." Gwen said as she threw her bags next to Peytons' under the bus.

"I don't understand. Don't you have school?" Peyton asked as she followed her sister onto the merch bus.

"I took a semester off. I needed time for myself, here take the bunk below me." Gwen threw her belongings above the bunk she had already dubbed Peyton's.

"Oh, well what about..." Peyton let her sentence hang in the air as she began to unpack her duffel bag.

"It's taken care of. Shes ok, I'm ok, and your obviously ok. Lets just leave it there and have a good summer. Worry free ok?" Gwen said as sweetly as possible to her sister.

Peyton rolled her eyes. "Gwen, haven't you realized that misery loves me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"That isn't right Patrick. Atleast answer once and tell her to stop calling you. I'm getting sick of your phone going off every five minutes." Pete said as he typed away on his Sidekick.

Patrick glared at Pete and then at his own phone. It had to have atleast gone off ten times since he left Peyton back at her bus. Now this was ridiculous. What could be so important that she had to call thirty times a day in the past week.

"Good thing she doesn't have any of our numbers. Could you imagine what would be going on then?" Andy said taking a seat next to Patrick at the table.

Patrick looked out the window, watching the buildings pass in a blur as they started off for their first tour destination, Springfield. It had been a long time, atleast it seemed to him, since he had last talked to Anna. He had no idea how to act on the phone with her. Before they would be all lovey dovey, but now he couldn't stand the idea of her calling. 'Whats worse is that it might actually be important.' he thought as he grabbed his phone and made his way to the back of the bus. He slid the pocket door shut to give him some kind of privacy from the others.

Flipping open his phone, Patrick diald his voicemail to listen to the messages his ex had left him.

'Hey Trick, um its me, Anna in case you forgot. Oh, this is awkward. You usually answer your phone so talking to the voicemail is a little werid for me. (nervous laugh) Right well, I just wanted to see how you were doing and to tell you that I miss you. Also that I will be joining you guys sometime during your tour. I want to work things out with you. I know we can do it, your my family Patrick and I still love you. Well, um. call me back ok? Bye.'

Her words stung Patrick. He knew he did not want to call her back, but why is she doing this to him now. Just when he started to get over her. Sighing angrily he dialed a familiar number.

A slight giggle echoed in his ear bringing a smile to his face. "Hello?" came the soothing voice.

"Peyton, do you have a couple of minutes? I could really use someone to talk to."

Patrick could hear the concern in her voice. "Are you ok? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing serious yet. At the next stop get on our bus so we can talk ok?" Patrick said quickly into the phone as he made his way to the front of the bus.

"Ok, sounds like a plan. Bye Patrick." she said as she hung up on him.

"So which one of you did it?" he said slamming his phone down on the table.

"What are you talking about?" inquired Pete.

"Which one of you invited Anna on tour with us?"

"Wait, what? Anna's joining us?" Joe questioned setting his gameboy down that he had been playing only moments before.

"When's the next rest stop?" Patrick asked, ignoring Joe's question.

"Twenty minutes or so, why?" Andy was now throwing his question at a very angry Patrick.

"Good." he said flatly making his way to his bunk and closing the curtains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"So, what does that mean?" Peyton asked as she slowly sipped her french vanilla cappaccino. They had just stopped at a local rest stop to stretch their legs and grab a bite to eat and now they were back on the road again.

Patrick sighed and glanced out the window. The bus was going pretty fast, they were definetly going to make good time for their show they had scheduled for later on that night. Peyton had joined Patrick minutes before so he could relay the voicemail and conversation with his bandmates to her. She was now stuck on the bus until they reached their final desination. "To be honest, I don't really know Peyton and I'm scared."

Peyton grabbed his hand, comforting him a little in the process. "You shouldn't have to be Patrick. What are you so afraid of?"

Patrick stood up abruptly from the couch in the back of the bus, breaking the contact between them. "Thats it! The unknown. If I see her again, what will happen to me? What will I do?"

Peyton came to the conclusion that Patrick was now in panic mode an stood up infront of him. "You will be yourself. If you are truly over her like you say you are, then she won't bother you. It will pass Patrick, give it time. Your just in shock right now is all." Peyton placed her hands on his shoulders bringing them closer together. "Now, close your eyes and take a deep breath in and out...in and out."

How was he supposed to focus when she was this close? Her scent wrapped its way around his nose, suffocating him almost to the brink of no return. If he were to die right that very second, he would definetly die happy. "Peyton.." he started in a hushed whisper

"Shh.." she cooed as she too closed her eyes and continued to breathe in and out.

"Oh, God Peyton, this isn't right!" Patrick rushed out, he was losing his breath and moral.

Peyton lifted her one eyelid to peek at her dear friend. He was visibly sweating and biting his lower lip hard. "Patrick." she whispered back.

'Oh, why does she have to say it in a sexy way?' Patrick thought as his hands found their way to her hips. He needed to steady himself and fast. He knew was going to fall, but what he did not know was how hard and how fast.

Peyton could feel the heat coming from his fingertips and a blush slowly crept out across her cheeks. She kept her eyes tightly closed as she heard Patrick shuffle his way closer to her. His breath was no bearing down onto her ear. "Say it again." he demanded.

Now Peyton was the one losing her breath. "Patrick." she obeyed as their bodies were now flush up against one another. With their eyes closed fast, they explored each other with their hands.

"Hey guys, you want any..WHOA!" Joe blurted out as he entered the room, comvering his eyes.

The couple inside that room jump apart immediatlely.

"Um..uh..I uh got to go to the bathroom." Patrick mumbled quickly and bolted his way past Joe.

Peyton giggled nervously, "So, um Joe, got any more of those gummy bears?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

AH there it is. Sorry if its crappy, its like 3:30 am here and I just finished typing it out for a certain someone lol Reviews please!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story