Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Memoirs of a Freedom Fighter - 2

memoirs 12

by Silverdragon 0 reviews

rimfire continues story telling...

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 5809 words

0Unrated
---

12. Regroup! At your mamma's place?!

---

Quickly she pulled herself together, from where she had fallen now laser fire rained down upon her. Hidden behind the little rock formation she tried to think up a plan to get out of here. When she turned her head to look over her shoulder over the rock formation, a strong hand grabbed her and pulled her away. Afraid that the enemy got her, she drew her knife, only to gaze into the golden eyes of Spark. He hushed her and smiled wide. He calculated his own options from his position and fired a couple of rounds back to the Catatonians. They didn't made it out alive, for Wirr heard their dying cries. With one fast look, she saw that Kick-Start lay wounded on his side, with Stunts next to him and Centreline who sat next to Spark. Both Mice fired fiercely at the enemy. Oh! Why didn't she had any firearms?! Yep... she couldn't fire one shot without hitting someone in the but. But there was one big but: she was perfect with her shiruken and when she spotted Catatonians up the ridge next to them she threw them. Perfect aims as they fell with the shiruken between their eyes. Spark raised an eyebrow and Centreline smiled at her, thumbs up. Wirr let out a soundless giggle and retrieved the shiruken from the dead bodies, only to throw them again at the enemies.

Rimfire grinned, from what he saw Spark had finally accepted Wirr as a friend and comrade in battle and peacetime. They fought alongside and seemed to defend their position very well. Centreline signalled something back with his hands and Rimfire only nodded. They had to retreat at once for this was one lost battle.

'We gotta go!' Spark touched her shoulder as she was ready to throw her last shiruken. She gave him a slight nod, stretched out her hands and yelled something in a language he didn't understand at all. Silver platted round flat items swirled back at her, she caught them between her fingers and placed them back on the straps around her lower arms. Spark fired precisely at the enemy, his skills as a marksman were terrific for everyone fell at once, none survived the firing. Centreline threw the unconscious body of Kick-Start over his shoulder and run for cover, with Stunts covering him. 'Comin' lassie?' Wirr nodded, drew her sword and run it through two Catatonians, before hissing like a Catatonian herself and running after him. Though she battled with Mice, she was swift like a cat.

Rimfire covered for them, as he let his troop increase fire at the enemy to draw their attention. How and why Kick-Start got injured was of later concern, right now, lives were at stake! Proud he was of his old leader to kill at least one Catatonian. Due to his lack of aiming Rimfire allowed him only to take down the larger machinery of the Catatonians so his laser fire wouldn't be so lost and reckless after all.

From afar the guys gazed at the battle. 'Modo... you should be proud of your nephew. He's leading the troop like a skilled leader.' Throttle slapped his bro at the shoulder and thought of his own moves that he would have used. But then again, Throttle wasn't such a team fighter as Rimfire was. Swift, cunning and still as nervous as usual he lead his troop into battle, took the hits and delivered some deadly punches before he led his troop out of battle into safety. For so far, their only problem was Kick-Starts injury, and that was the only sorrowful thing yet. 'Shall we help them?' Vinnie was ready to join the fight - well... he had been whining since the moment Rimfire left to scout and lure the Catatonians from their respective hideouts.
'No.' Throttle exclaimed, 'Rimfire's in charge here, we do as told.'
'Relax! Better fetch a bedroll for Kick-Start,' Modo went out to find one, but Charley was already busy making a comfortable place for the wounded Mouse, so Modo did his best to find bandages and whatever doctors and nurses needed to fetch up their wounded Mice.

0.o.0

Retreat was one thing, live through the night was another. The constant bombing and not being able to return the Catatonians drove Vinnie almost mad. Whining and yelling that he wanted to fight, Rimfire ordered him to go and sit in a corner. Charley hustled to his side and comforted her friend and lover, she still suspected him from having ADHD but loved his attitude even more since she had arrived on Mars. It relieved her heart a bit from the dark hours.

'We'd better get a move on whenever they're back.' Throttle said to Modo, 'Or else we're found.'
'To bad Rimfire didn't gave us permission to fight.' Modo hustled to his side once more, 'It's a shame.'
'but he's right. He knows the current situation on Mars, and by the looks of it when we met Spark and Co, we were unwanted.' Vinnie was serious for once, a scary thing if you knew that he was never serious.
'If that Flame and Flare both catch sight of you, we're all lost,' they heard Charley tell Vinnie, 'Please... stay down, until there's a chance of regaining your honour.'
'and why is Wirr in that battle?' Vinnie growled low, 'if she can fight, why not me?'
Charley sighed, 'She just won't leave Rimfire's side. Stubborn as she is, I almost thought she is your daughter.' A smile carved her face when she saw Wirr fight a fierce battle and Vinnie smiled back, 'Besides, she's a master in her style, maybe that can make a difference.'

Suddenly Primer shot up, stung like a bee. From the left she saw dust, a lot of dust.
'What's that?' throttle followed her gaze, 'Primer?'
'They're moving to slow... not the FFA nor Catatonians? Probably the Army.' Quickly she started her motorcycle, 'But I'm not staying here to witness their arrival and success in battle. Follow me!'
Kick-Start watched the entire scene, 'Very well.' He shouted something in a for Charley unknown language. His bros' Spark, Stunts and Centreline looked up. Spark tapped Wirr on the shoulder, who in her turn alerted Rimfire and Crowbar. She nodded to Spark.
'We gotta leave!' he said, 'Army or FFA. I'm not staying here to witness their success in the battle we fought out!!'
'Well than! We've got something in common!' Crowbar yelled back, his voice hardly audible above the sound of gunfire.
Spark's eyes lit up like a wild fire, 'yeah!' He begun to like them little by little...

Covered by the little group hidden above the large sand dune, they made their retreat. Stunts on the other hand was quite far away. Tough warned, he still fought one heavy battle.
'Time to get him out.' Spark was almost up the sand dune and quickly drove back to get the dizzy Mouse and pull his tail out of battle.

When the little group was gone, the other group arrived, only to finish the battle of.

'That's the FFA. Under the guidance of Flare and Flame, the Insane Twins.' Crowbar whispered. Now the little group was hiding in a shelter, as he informed the newcomers about the current situation, 'Rimfire must have told you something, but he wasn't there himself.' He sat down, next to Throttle, who still sat on his motorcycle, 'Stoker's brother had joined the FFA. An elderly chap, grey already but much like his younger brother Stoker, he has chocolate fur. Brom is his name. Stoker left for something I don't know. Probably the legendary woman Harley. She's a true heroin to us. Held captive. Some survivors claim to have seen her, others say she's dead. Every time Stoker hears about her, he investigates it. Alone. That is his right as a leader. But when he was gone for too long, Flare and Flame took over control. They sent Rimfire on a suicide mission, Carbine was forced to stand down and Brom enslaved. None dared to stand up against them, for Flame's wrath was terrible. Carbine tried to stand up against him, but failed. That night... that night was the first night we heard her scream.'
Throttle was strong, just like his love for Carbine. But this made him flinch. What happened to her was something he'd make those twins pay for.
Crowbar continued, 'They... it's said that they have alliance with the Catatonians and now use the FFA against Mars, like the Army was used against Mars so long ago. It's stretched out to the small government too. Everyone follows them in fear of their wrath. Flare is the smart girl, but Flame is the strong man, the muscles. I don't know how we could have sunk this low. Stoker is the General who won the first war. But stoker always says it was us, Mice, who saved Mars. Brom knows that. He knows stories about the wars of the past, he knows how to round up men and women, he knows how to fight. He taught Stoker everything he knew and Stoker in turn taught us all. Stoker is the General, but Brom is the History. Stoker knows how to live in the now, but Brom never forgets the past. Together, they see the future. Our future.'

'And so the legend joined us right now.' Spark wasn't so sceptical anymore, 'We've tried to stand up against Flame and Flare. I never give in to someone. But you must know, that my younger bro' Stunts isn't playing with a full deck. He's a little off and I don't know how or what happened to him that made him this way. When they threatened to kill him, I had to give in and swallow my pride. With my only weak point exposed, they figured that I would become to dangerous whenever Stunts would be captured or killed. They tried to kill me first. And for the first time in my life, I had to run. With Stunts that is. Centreline followed us, like Kick-Start. What he was supposed to do with the prisoners - Mice prisoners that is - is horrible. He hardly talks, and not even about those days. Just two weeks, but he run for it like the devil himself was on his heels.'

'Brom... my brother.' Stoker smiled sad, 'He's probably dead by now.' Seconds of silence passed by, before Crowbar started his story and Stokers...
'When Stoker heard his brother was imprisoned, he didn't return. Flame and Flare want something that only Stoker can build. A regenerator. As you have noticed, the water supply on Mars is very low. With the regenerator, they can sell the water to the people, whoever that people will be.' Crowbar explained to them, 'you were right Stoke, they were bad apples from the start.'

Charley sighed when she heard all those stories. Very sad all of this. What was left if even the allies of Mars turned against one and other? What was left, if brothers and sisters were forced to fight one and other?
'Nothing.' Stunts had his bright moments and made Charley realize she thought out loud, 'Nothing.' He repeated, 'for we will all die in vane if nothing is done against them.'
'Than we must act.' Charley said to him, 'safe places, hide-outs, allies, everything... everything we can use. Use it.'
'How about round up at my mother's place?' Modo smiled, 'see if she's still alive and let her cook up something. Momma's can be smart y'know.'
Stoker smiled, 'I remember my brother Brom, he drove at her side and always held back to let her win.'
'Courtesy on the road.' Modo smiled at them, 'and besides, my gray furred momma will never let Flare and Flame win or allow them to stay at her land.'
'So it is... move out!' Spark said to them, 'Modo, Rimfire, lead the way!'
How heartbroken both Modo and Rimfire were, when they found the large farm their mother and grandmother owned destroyed. Levelled by whoever, no sight of the grey furred woman.
'Hands up! And tails too! I have got a gun, and I will shoot!'
'Gramma.' Primer smiled softly, 'Rimfire ain't a bad boy. Nor is Modo. Just lower that piece of junk, for you can't hit anyone with that thing.'
From behind the rocks they heard disarmament and a woman stepped from the shades, 'Primer... Am I glad to see you.' Grey as Modo, with white hair tight into a knot and as tall as Primer she stood in the light. Both women hugged, 'Well... I see you brought home many guests. I'm low on food, but if someone is willing to hunt, I can make something for you guys and gals.'
'Hmmm! That'll be great!' Stunts rubbed his tubby smiling, 'A real meal for instance.'
'What? Ye don't like me cookin'?' Kick-Start smiled wide.
'Appereantly he doesn't,' Spark smiled back, not so aggressive towards his new companions anymore. The presence of a woman older than he was made him softer and sweeter and remembered his own mother.

Their main hunter - Spark insisted that Centreline should hunt - came back with some killed animals.
Gramma - as everyone called her Gramma - skinned the animals and cooked their meat. Along the while she sung to the dead animals, thanking them for sharing their lives with Mice and giving their lives for Mice' survival.
Modo helped her with repairing what guns and ammunition she had left. Rusty and old were those weapons and hardly any ammunition was left. Both talked about everything, little meaningless things for an outsider, but everything for an insider. Rimfire and Primer smiled at them and enjoyed the family gathering.
'... and then there are Charley and her niece Wirrenth. Wirr for short.'
'Seen them... two beautiful ladies. And why are two humans here? You do know that it's illegal to bring aliens here? According to Flame and Flare.' She spit out the words to her son, 'I could report you for this error.'
'but you won't. Just trying to teach me a lesson eh?' Modo's mother smiled, 'We'll be careful mom.' He handed her the guns and ammunition, 'but you be careful too.'
'I'm old Modo... It doesn't matter if I go.'
'But Brom is still waiting for you.' Stokers brother Brom was twice as old as he was, and Stoker himself was twice as old as Modo. As Modo's mother was thrice as old as her son, she was legal by Martian law to marry the man. But she didn't. After the death of her husband, she never remarried. Bit difficult, but those who were still with Mars would follow law.
'And I will see him in death.' Smiling reassuring she knew she wouldn't live to see the end of this world.

All ate, enjoying the first meal on Mars and probably the last good meal they'd ever get. And probably the only good night sleep they'd get before this war would take a turn for the worst...

0.o.0

'reports?'
'none Flame. The aliens aren't found.'
'Then why have you come back?'
'You mean Sir?'
'You're presence here is useless unless you bring those two back. I want them dead or alive... and alive is better.'
Brom listened careful when his interrogator scolded and cursed at his poor soldier. The Mouse turned tail quick as his self proclaimed General rose his tail to slap him across the face.
Not going as planned? I've heard about one of them, Charley. Nice woman according to Stoker, Rimfire and Carbine. Headstrong and stubborn, but very fast of mind and almost desperately in love with Vincent van Wham. But the other one... I never heard about her. From what I've heard fast and hidden within shadows as she hunts her enemies. Good, we can use someone headstrong and fast of mind, just like a stalker. Only I'm sure I will like her the most.
'What are you thinking, old man!' In stead of slapping his soldier across the face with his tail, he turned to Brom. The old Mouse didn't flinch. Though not in shape anymore, Flame forgot most of the time that this Mouse had trained his brother Stoker and was still one heck of a soldier.

'Found them?'
'None.' It wasn't hard to keep the twins apart, only their appearances were enough. Both were insane, but Flame strong and muscular, Flare slender and female. She had the brains obvious. Both had white fur to the very end of their tales and flaming red hair.
'AARGH! I want them! DEAD OR ALIVE!' she shrieked like a banshee and slammed her very fine fist into a wall. She had never seen battle, but was nonetheless very strong. Plaster came from the wall and Brom smiled inside when she appeared to be bleeding and had broken one of her knuckles.

How long did they had to continue this? Brom watched both leave as he was locked up into the interrogation cell once more, his hands tied behind his back, like his tail and with his feet strapped to the chair. He couldn't take in food like this and to his shame, he had to stay in here even when he had to make a pit stop. Shameful, but he lived with it. He or Stoker would take fearsome revenge for this. He'd hoped that he could take the revenge.

All lights went out as the door was shut. The once so strong Mouse was now nothing more but a shade of his former self. Little bit saggy, his fur fell out and his hair was almost white and fallen out. His eyesight was bad, but not his hearing. He heard everything they talked about. And with that, he locked all the information in his brain... a brain only his brother was allowed to rip if necessary.

Outside the little interrogation room both twins sighed. Inside, Flare scolded at everything, cursing all from man to war. 'We should have had them by now! For how long do our troops hunt them down?'
'Two whole days Flare. Patience...' That was the only positive distinctive mark he had, angelic ever lasting patience.
She glanced at him, angry and furious, her tail lashed from side to side, whipping every time, 'patience...' she hissed like a cat, 'the government doesn't had two days...' The only distinctive mark she didn't had.

0.o.0

'so it's true?' A Mouse dressed in a red blouse and beige trousers with dark boots turned to his senior officer, 'The young Biker Mice are back?'
'Indeed Colonel Scabbard, they've returned to mars. With two strangers.'
'What sort of strangers?'
'They are called Humans, according to intelligence, Sir.'
'Very well... whoever they are, if they are with the Biker Mice, they must be friends. We'll pay them a little visit whenever they're near.'
'Yes sir.'
'Where are they yet?' Scabbard smiled at his senior officer, 'near or still to far away?'
'Near... just fifteen kilometres ahead of us. They're not moving yet. But Mrs. Maverick will sent them into our direction by tomorrow morning.'
'Thank her. She's been very helpful in this war. I think she appreciates extra food, shelter and ammunition for herself and the Mice she protects.'
'For an old lady, she's very smart.'
'And dangerous. But keep an eye on her. I don't want her to get hurt.'
'yes sir.'
'And one other thing. Give her a motorcycle... I think she will like that.'
The younger Mouse nodded and run off to do what him was told to do. Scabbard, proclaimed Colonel by his own men, hoped that Stoker wouldn't be with them. But he knew himself that he was wrong.

0.o.0

Where are you? For how long did I wait for you to find me and save me? For how long did I wait to feel the soft fur with my fingers? How long did I wait for you?

Where are you, my tan knight on shining motorcycle? It is you I love, no matter what happened to me. It's my love for you that made me leave, for I want to hold you. You proclaim to be strong and though, but you are so vulnerable and just a young man with a big heart.

Half Hell Raiser, half Martian, to me you are the only one. Come for me... come and get me out of here! Please!

Throttle...

Don't let me down... don't forget about me...

I love you


'I found her... but she's imprisoned by Mace, still imprisoned after all this time...' Centreline shivered, 'My dear sister.' Spark shut his eyes, he was one of the few who knew about Centreline's past. He found out when Centreline was imprisoned and was referred to as project 2501. That darn monster Karbunkle explained everything hoping that Centreline would become an outcast. Spark only took care of him like he took care for his younger bro Stunts. Bound by faith and one big Spark they fought their way out and never left. But Karbunkle had made one mistake before he died. He had given away the location of Harley. Soon after that, the Plutarkians were defeated and no one remembered Harley. Only the few who lived to tell the tail after the battle.

Little did they knew that Mace was one of the most dishonourable Rats in Martian History. What he did, was against all laws and values of every race on this world. Centreline didn't try to think about that.
He could only hope his sister was alive, he longed to hold her in his arms again, to lay her head to rest on his shoulder and wrap his tail around her waist while driving through the desert.

'shall we leave for her?' Spark smiled at Centreline, 'the sooner we have her back, the sooner we know about Mace' plans and maybe some more about the enemy.'
'Is that your only goal?' Centreline wanted to know.
'not your goal, I know, you find your sister, I find answers.' Spark knew it would be morning soon and stroke the bangs of Stunts. The younger Mouse with the half deck was asleep, as usual and still dizzy.
'what about the others?' Centreline seemed to process things and work things out, 'Will they follow?'
'Hafta, don't you think?' to friends, Spark was a true friend. But only to Stunts he was a brother, an older brother who shared love and life with him.
'Do they know?' Somehow Centreline was worried, 'Or...'
'Nope, not yet.' Spark grinned wide, 'No one does.'
'Tomorrow I'll ask them.' Was the final decision about this subject, Harley.
'good.' Was all Spark said, sat back and relaxed. Somewhere ahead of them sat Modo with his mother, talking about things while his niece rested against him, probably asleep. Somewhere near them lay the two children, vast asleep. Probably the last time they would see such a picture. The war was about to break loose.
'What about Crowbar?' was all Spark was worried about. The Mouse sought his revenge and wouldn't stop unless he had it. A danger to all, that was what he would become.
Centreline couldn't agree more. 'He's a mess. He'll only gets in our way with his search for revenge. Leave him.'

Harley wasn't such a big issue to the bros' and when Charley heard about their attempt to free them, she insisted in joining them, along with everyone else. She just dragged Wirrenth along, as Primer remained with Mrs. Maverick and the children. Rimfire joined forces, like Crowbar who sought revenge and hoped to get it from Mace.
Stoker of course didn't want anything else but to free her and hold her and was almost as bad as he used to be, the baddest mammajamma in the universe. Not long after that, everyone was on their way, after saying their goodbyes to Primer, her grandmother and the children off course. Stoker forced Crowbar to stay behind, only to give the vulnerable some protection. To have this sweet family and the few Kittens left on Mars protected for as long as possible.
For Rimfire, it had taken a long time to say goodbye to his sister and Crowbar. They were the last of his troop and hopefully they would live to see the end of this war and, more important, each other.

Stoker insisted on getting to another shelter before they left. He didn't said anything about it, but when they reached it, they found out why...

'HEY Oldtimer!' Stoker got slapped in the back as the tan furred Mouse stepped out, now with a woman at his side.
'Well... haven't met her when I left.' Stoker winced as he recovered from the slap. He truly was getting old, 'You do hold some surprises Mac.'
'hahaha! Whaddaya know, the old timer got humour.' Mac wanted to smack him again, but a bionical tail swirled around his fist and forcefully swirled him into a wall.
Stoker grinned wide, 'don't ever do that again!' and rubbed his shoulder but Mac only laughs. Charley has to admit, the guy is very, very, very cute. A very muscular chest, long legs, cute butt and long lashing tail, not to mention his features, his long tan hair, his little beard, his face and his mischievous grin permanently carved on his face. In one word: Miauw!

Vinnie gave her a slight punch into her side, 'don't get carried away hun...I'm better.'
'Sure you do.' Charley giggled as the tan Mouse stepped forward and as he bowed, he took her hand and placed a delight kiss on it, 'Hello dear lady, haven't met you, now have I?' he said in a sweet sultry tone of voice, more sultry than Throttles...
Wirr raises a brow, ladykiller is all she thought, but he repeats the same gesture to her, 'And you, my dear.'
Wirr giggles soft and smiles as she flares bright red like a beet and hides her face within Rimfire's neck.
'Shy... sweet.'
'She's mine.' Was all Rimfire growled at him. Though younger and less powerful, he'd made a statement.
'Wow pretty boy! I'll stay away from her if you want me too, but I can't help to see her beauty from afar. And you my sweetheart, startling me from the moment I saw you on the horizon...' his fingers play with Charley's auburn hair that now flames in the rising sun.
'Mac, leave the girls alone... stick to Carmín.' Stoker grins wide, 'he's your average lady killer, but be careful, before you know it, they end up in his bed.'
'Can't help that.' He grinned wide and stroke Charley's face while blinking at her.

'Stay away from Harley, and these girls. We need them and you need them, as much as they need us.' Was all Stoker said before he turned to the other Mouse, a beautiful red furred female Mouse with gorgeous red hair, flaming in the sun and making her shapes come out even more as she stood there. Think: Pamela Andersons Martian sister. Stoker knew that Mac and she were involved, but she played as much with other men as he with other women.
'Carmín Rouge...' she said slowly and played with Throttle's tail, 'hello darlin'.'

'Same to you Carmín.' Stoker smiled, 'Stick to your man. Or Carbine will be all over you like a cheap motorcycle.'
'Carbine... part of a weapon... that means she must be as forceful as a weapon itself.' She purred like a cat, 'or isn't she?'
Throttle blinks at her and smiled wide, 'yeah... more sparks than you.'
The woman smiled wide and moved around in a sexy way, 'Bet taken!'
'Bet disapproved, can we get a move on or what?' Centreline growled angry, 'I want my sister back!' His aggressive motorcycle growled angry in return and made a wheelie. As angry as his rider, so angry was the motorcycle. Now the other motorcycles started to growl and made wheelies. They knew something was coming up, but what? A fight, that's for sure.

'This way...' Stoker said as he climbed of his motorcycle, 'leave the motorcycles. Wirr, I'm glad Rimfire brought you here... Scout, please. That way. Go as far as you think it's safe and make sure your not seen. When you've reached the end, come back and report.'

Wirr nodded as her face became grim, pulled a black loose hanging cloth over her head and drew to long pointy daggers, a sort of dagger no one had ever seen. In silence, she trotted off and disappeared amongst the darkness of the shades.
'Wow... remind me not to tick her off.' Was all Mac said, 'heavily armed. But why let her scout?'
Charley calmed herself a bit, 'she's trained into the arts of Karate, and she's pretty good with those sai and katanas. I've seen her with practises and in games where her kind of art is performed in without protection.'
'Well, we'll see about that.' Spark grunted as Carmín tried to make an impression at Stunts. She failed, for the dizzy Mouse never saw a woman, nor a man.

0.o.0

Swift she dove from rock to rock, avoided contact with the sandy dusty ground and found what Stoker was looking for. Huge sand dunes, that didn't move along with the wind. To bad she was dressed in black and that it was mid day. When she gazed over her shoulder, she saw Spark, lurking from a rock with a sniper rifle. He didn't aim for her but seemed to overlook the entire sand dune. Then she moved forward again until she couldn't go forward anymore. Dead bodies half covered or uncovered by sand... slit throats, missing limbs, gashed stomachs with the content dried to the skin. Scavengers eating the dead. The smell... it made Wirr sick to her stomach and she almost threw up her little breakfast she had this morning.
The strange thing was, these were Mice, Rats, Dogs, Cats... everything. Whatever lived underneath that sand dune, it was already disturbed by her presence here. Careful she made her way up the dune, now that she was probably found out, it was better to continue than to give away the hiding place of Rimfire's troop. Good thing the children didn't got to see this.

'How she doing?' Centreline sneaked up from behind and lay down next to Spark on his abdomen.
'Pretty tough for a so called weak human. Holding her stomach content, still moving forward over the rocks. Damn... these guys keep killing potential allies every week. Mace' work?'
'don't know. There is more down there than I already know. Hopefully Harley is still there.' Centreline answered, took the binoculars from his neck and followed Wirr's trails, 'she's taking her time, don't you think?'
'According to this woman Charley, she takes her time... but don't we take our time too? Before we lunge ourselves into battle?' Spark followed Wirr with the loop of his rifle, everything that would come to close was about to be killed. But nothing was disturbed, not even the dead, as the young woman sneaked forward.
Centreline turned his gaze to Stunts, 'still no light on.' He murmured to himself.
Spark grabbed his wrist in anger, 'apologise.' His grasp hurt Centreline, for the first time he felt the true power of the black Mouse.
'Sorry Stunts, it will not happen again.' Centreline grunted and faced forward again. 'She's gone?!'
'Stunts, go to Stoker now, Wirr is missing!' Through the visor of the sniper rifle he scanned the environment. Stunts left, hopefully he would remember what he was supposed to do and say when reached Stoker. But when he heard motorcycles approach, Spark knew that Stunts didn't failed him.
'Missing? How?' Stoker demanded to know, as the motorists crowded the little space among the rocks.
'A hole in the soil, she must have fallen through since it's not quick sand.' Spark said and whistled his motorcycle, 'Zeroing in.'
'With you.' Stoker was right behind him, hoping that Charley wouldn't kick his butt for letting Wirr get hurt.

Seconds passed by, as she tried to scan her environment. It was darker than her black clothes. She didn't hear anything, only the sound of sand falling through the entrance hole. The only way out was up, and way out of her reach since this natural sand ceiling was more than 7 metres up. With a stiffened hip and knee on the right, she tried to stand, massaged the damaged muscles and found out that she stood in the middle of fucking darkness on some sort of metallic with sand covered floor. Above her, she heard the familiar sound of motorcycles approaching rapidly and the strange sound of sand shifting underneath weight.

'Well... hadn't had time to put a perimeter yet. If I had known that you would use such noise to drop in...' Wirr softly shook Stoker awake, 'contact the guys while I'll work things out, see if they can make a less noisy entrance.'
'Hard time getting them to do that.' Stoker growled as he rubbed his sore head, 'I'm really getting to old for this.'
'Then quit.'
'never.'
'Shh!' she jumped up in fear as someone approached, stopped, listened and left again when he/she/it confirmed himself that nothing was there.
'That was calm...'
'Is the walk changed?'
'slightly.'
'Good.' Wirr hushed him again as she found her sai and threw one in the direction of the sound. Her hearing may not be as good as that of Stoker, but he grinned wide to himself when she had hit the whatever and that it hit the ground. Swift she left him, jumping from side to side. Stoker lost sight of her, 'Wow... I almost wish that I met her before Rimfire did...' grinning wide to himself again he got to his feet and contacted the guys above.

Charley let out a sigh of relieve, 'so... just drop through the sand to the floor below.' Centreline nodded, 'We've sought the prison for ages, but who knew it would be down here?'
'And for that you let her go first?' Now she got angry when she realized that her niece could be in danger. Centreline smiled, 'Stoker said she was the lightest of all. The closer we are to the prison, the better... and this path must be safe to trail now.'
Kick-start grinned wide at her, 'besides, it can hold Spark's big body now. Let's go.' Charley followed, with the guys guarding her from all sides.

Beneath the soil- when all had fallen through and hit the ground - they saw Stoker grinning in the headlights of the motorcycles and Wirr sitting on her knees next to him, cleaning her long pointy dagger. 'What took you so long?'

0.o.0

TBC
R&R please!
Sign up to rate and review this story