Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Apron

by iamzuul 0 reviews

The rumors say he's tied to Rin's apron strings, but of course that's not the truth. [one shot]

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kakashi, Rin - Published: 2005-09-17 - Updated: 2005-09-18 - 270 words - Complete

1Insightful
Drabble request from my friend Asuka on livejournal. Except I can't drabble to save my life, so better to think of this as a short instead. xD;


Naruto not mine, etcetera and so on.


Request - Kakashi/Rin, "Apron"

:D

There were a lot of things that were said about Kakashi's team, and most of those things had to do with him and his female team-mate. After all, put a girl on the same team with the most eligible genius of his age group and how could there not be anything going on between them? But no matter how hotly he (or Obito, that matter, before he... passed on) denied it, the rumors never stopped. No matter what the truth was, in the eyes of everyone else he was the Fourth Hokage's prized pupil, genius ninja and tied to Rin-chan's apron strings.

It didn't help that he, for lack of a better word, doted on her so much. Perhaps it was because she reminded him so much of the things he had done wrong, the lives he had ruined - that maybe if, this time, he paid more attention, he could avert any potential disasters. (And, perhaps, because Kakashi didn't mind so much when Rin asked him for favors - which was frequently.)

He hated the rumors - really, he did. They were annoying and unwieldy and bent the truth in directions it was not meant to go. But when she finished bandaging his wounds after a particularly harrowing mission, and carefully, cautiously, wound her bloodied apron string around his left pinky, he blushed hotly and looked away but did not deny the facts.
Sign up to rate and review this story