Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > This Year's Apologies

Patrick and Becca sitting in a tree, F-U-C-K-I-N-

by aznfoblover 5 reviews

You wanted it folks, and you got it. This is THE SEQUEL to Sing Until Your Lungs Give Out. We're back with Becca and the guys three years later, and people seem to have grown up (seem being the key...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 1287 words

0Unrated
A/N: I decided to keep the story in third person. It helps me not get confused with my English class stuff.

=====
Chapter 1
=====

Becca led the way to the living room, giving all of the guys seats on the couch. "I'm just gonna go and put her down for her nap," she said. They all nodded, still too shocked to speak.

"She looks just like him," Joe whispered. Patrick and Andy nodded their agreement, and none of the three noticed Pete slipping away after Becca. He finally caught up with her as she closed the door to her daughter's room. She turned and gasped when she saw Pete behind her, and held a hand to her heart as she realized who he was.

"Pete. You scared me," she whispered so as not to wake her child.

"Sorry about that. I just needed to talk to you alone," he whispered back. She gave him a confused look. "I'm sorry for being such a jackass the last time we saw each other," he said, clarifying his intentions. She smiled at him and shook her head.

"It's already been forgotten. Let's just pretend that nothing happened, OK?" she asked. He nodded gratefully and returned the smile.

"Best friends?" he asked. She gave a soft laugh.

"To the end," she replied. They walked back together and the other three noticed Pete had been gone only when he stepped back into the room.

"Where'd you go, Pete?" Andy asked. Pete gave an elusive shrug and their attention was turned back to Becca as she cleared her throat.

"So? What do you think?" she asked.

"She looks so much like her father," Joe said yet again. Becca nodded sadly.

"Except she has your eyes," Patrick said. "She's a beautiful little girl. But why'd you keep her from us?" Becca contemplated that for a moment. How could she ever explain it to them?

"Well...I didn't feel like I could tell you about her until I was stable. Financially and emotionally. I knew if I told you I was still working three jobs a week and living in a crappy apartment with a baby, you guys would come rushing to me and you would give me all sorts of money that I couldn't ever pay back."

"You wouldn't need to pay us back," Andy argued. She looked at him, a sad smile on her face.

"I would have anyway. That's just the kind of girl that I am. But one of the biggest reasons was that I needed a break from the jetset life. I'm not ready for the kind of life you lead, the kind of fantasy life we always wanted when we were younger, full of excitement and fun. I couldn't live life that fast for as long as you guys have," she said, hoping they'd understand what she was trying to say. To her surprise, they nodded their understanding.

"I get what you mean. It does get a little overwhelming at times," Joe admitted. They all mumbled their agreement. She smiled, happy they understood why she had basically lied to them. Silence fell over the room as the four men looked around at the nice place Becca had managed to get.

"Do you guys want something to eat?" Becca asked as she felt her stomach complain with hunger. They nodded, and she stood up to get food, Patrick following her. She went straight to the refridgerator, looking for something to give them as Patrick watched her. God, she's so wonderful. Wait, why am I thinking that? She's my best friend. I can't screw it up, he thought as he stood there awkwardly. She turned around with nothing in hand, swearing as she saw him behind her.

"I swear, you boys will be the death of me! How do you sneak up on people like that?" she said. Patrick grinned.

"It's a special talent of mine. But what I'm wondering is where's my hug?" he said, giving her a fake pout. She laughed and walked over to give him a hug. They lingered for just over a second too long, and didn't pull away from each other fully when Joe came into the room asking for food.

"Where's the-" Joe started as he came into the room. When he saw Patrick's hands on Becca's waist and vice versa, he knew he should leave. "You know, I think I can wait," he said spinning around and high-tailing it out of there.

"Food?" Pete asked hopefully.

"Dude, I do not want to go back in there," Joe said, explaining the situation to Pete. Pete felt a twinge of jealousy. What did Patrick have that he didn't? But he convinced himself to let it pass. Patrick was his best friend.

Meanwhile in the kitchen...

"Um, that was a bit awkward," Becca said, laughing nervously but still not letting go of Patrick.

"Just a bit," he said softly, holding onto Becca like his life depended on it. Their heads came closer together and suddenly, they were kissing, as if they had always gone around kissing each other. Patrick backed her up against the counter, and Becca's hands left his waist to knock the hat off his head and tangle in his hair.

"Whoa, OK, we're definetly going out to eat now," they heard Andy's voice say as he sped away from the kitchen red-faced. Patrick and Becca came apart slowly, each grinning.

"Let's go out there," Patrick whispered. Becca nodded and he led her by the hand out to the living room.

"So I came back out here and-" Andy was saying, but stopped once the couple stepped into the room. They were met by a wolf whistle from Joe, which caused both of them to blush.

"Now what did I hear someone say about going out to eat?" Patrick asked.

"I'm not eating after you two just...in the kitchen...it's not sanitary," Andy stuttered. They burst out laughing.

"You make it sound as if we had sex on the counter," Becca said. "I guess we had to go out anyway cause I have absolutely no food in here. Shit. What am I going to do about Ally?" she said.

"You could bring her along, I guess. We don't mind, do we?" Pete said. The guys all shrugged and Becca thanked them, then rushed off to go get Ally ready to go.

"So, the Stumpmeister is finally gonna get some," Joe teased as soon as Becca left the room. Patrick blushed.

"Fuck off," he muttered with a grin. Andy and Joe took turns making fun of Patrick, Pete choosing to sit on the couch in what he liked to think of as friendship. So Patrick gets the girl for once, not me. Is that so bad? Even if it is the girl I want, shouldn't I be happy for Patrick? I guess I should be, but why do I only feel the urge to punch him in the face? Pete thought as he sat on the couch. The battle between friendship and jealousy raged in his mind.

Joe started singing, "Patrick and Becca sitting in a tree, F-U-C-K-I-N-"

"Joe, there's a small child present. I suggest you watch your language," Becca said nonchalantly as she walked into the room with Allison.

"Yes, ma'am," he said sarcastically, saluting her. She laughed. They all went outside and got into their respective cars, agreeing to meet at "their diner", the one they always went to. Things got interesting to say the least at lunch.

~~~~~

A/N: OK so this went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than I expected it to. I thought I should update for all of you, just as a little present. Enjoy and tell me what you think.
Sign up to rate and review this story