Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cancer

Chapter 4

by leitchy 2 reviews

friends, gigs, lines and hospitals. how more random can you get?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 1259 words

0Unrated
About three weeks had passed since I returned from America. My Chemical Romance was coming out soon and all of my friends were excited as we were going to the concert. I was excited to see Gerard, and couldn't wait to be with him. "So, how did you get so many tickets?" Ayisha asked. "A friend gave them to me. He didn't want all of them, he had about 10 others." I replied, laughing. "Cool." She said. We went the next week lounging around or clubbing, which was heaps of fun.

Finally, the day of the concert had arrived. I had woken up, showered, dressed and put on my make up in about 2 hours. I sat on the couch waiting for my friends. I was ready long before them, and they all laughed at my eagerness.

We had sat in line outside the Hordern Pavillion for about 3 hours. I was getting annoyed by some teen girls behind us talking about their weddings with Gerard. Emily laughed at them, and I just wanted to kill them. I turned around. "Give the poor guy a break! You don't even know him!" I said angrily. They glared at me. "I hate emo's!" A blonde one said. I rolled my eyes. "AMY! Is that you?" I looked up to see who had screamed at me. Alicia Simmons was running towards me at a very fast pace, leaving poor Jamia behind. I stood up and hugged her happily. "It's been too long." I said. She nodded. "I have a question. Will you be a bridesmaid at my wedding?" She asked. I shrieked. "OF COURSE! Oh my God. This is so exciting!" I squealed. I introduced Alicia to my friends as 'someone I had met in America' (I had told her my friends didn't know about Gerard and I) and then introduced them to Jamia who had slowly walked towards us, rubbing her pregnant belly. I smiled at her. "You're looking good." I said. She giggled. "And fat!" I laughed. "Well, we are heading in. Wanna come with?" Jamia asked, trying to pull Alicia away from some teen who had called Mikey a fag. I laughed. "If you don't leave him alone, I'm gonna lay into you and-" I cut her off. "Alicia! Drop it. They were planning weddings with Gerard earlier." She gave them another glare. "Well, Gee is taken. Find someone else." She replied curtly before taking Jamia's arm. They looked at me. "I'm gonna stay with my friends. See you later!" I replied, sitting back down next to Sam C. "They seem nice." Sarah said. "Oh my God! That's why she attacked me. That Alicia Simmons, Mikey's fiancée." A teeny said behind me. Rolling my eyes, I turned and said "Yes. That's his fiancée." My friends laughed at the chick who suddenly became very pale. "Whoops." She muttered.

The concert was going well. We were in the mosh pit and were jumping happily. I watched Gerard. I know it sounds wrong, but I couldn't wait to get into bed with him. A month was too long! "Guys! We are now ... now ..." Gerard stuttered as he went to introduce the next song. "Gee, maybe you're too excited. Just go and grab a drink." Mikey said into the mic to Gerard. He clutched his head. Surely he hadn't been drinking again. I gasped as I saw his knees give way and he collapsed on the stage. I turned and fought my way out of the mosh pit, turning to see what was happening on stage. Frank and Mikey had picked Gerard up and were taking him backstage. The others walked off, and Brian came out, saying something about how he was going to have a quick rest and they would continue playing soon. I needed to get to Gerard. I felt a tug on my sleeve. "What are you doing?" Sam B asked. She must have followed me. "Just come with me." I told her, running out the door and around the side to where I knew the back of the stage was. I was met by a security guard. "Hi, I'm Amy. Can I please get through? I need to see Gerard." I asked as calmly as I could. Sam gave me a weird look. "I'm sorry. I can't do that." He replied. "He collapsed on stage! He's my boyfriend!" I said. The security guard laughed. "We get that all the time." My phone rang. "Hello? Frank! Oh my God. I have to get back there. Is he ok?" Frank said a few words and hung up. "Frank Iero is coming down. If you don't let me in then, he will lay into you." I said, getting annoyed. Gerard was backstage, out cold and I couldn't be with him.

Frank ran down the stairs and came over to us. "Let them through, I know them." He said, grabbing my arm and leading me towards the lift. Sam just stood there, mouth open. He gave her a quick smile. "I'm Frank." He said. She smiled back. "I'm Sam. Amy's friend." She replied. I was so worried about Gerard. "Amy, you don't look ok. Do you wanna sit down?" Frank asked, looking at me with concern in his eyes. I shook my head and felt tears run down my face. He gave me a hug. "Gee is gonna be fine. He's a strong man. You'll be with him soon, ok?" He said. I could tell he was saying these things to try and convince himself too. Next thing I knew, the lift doors had opened and Alicia was standing on the other side. "Amy! Go and see him. He's a half awake, but I'm sure he'd want you there. I'm going down to see if the ambulance is here yet." She said, jumping into the lift. Frank led Sam and I to a small room. I started to run over to Gerard, who was lying on one of the lounges, but stopped dead in my tracks. He was so pale. His lips were slightly apart and he did not look well at all. I felt myself breaking again. "Go on." Frank whispered, giving me a nudge. I slowly walked over to him. I knelt down beside him and took his hand. He looked so vulnerable, and the whiteness of his hair maybe him look almost angelic. Well, if it wasn't for the look of sickness. I ran my hand through his hair and kissed him gently on the forehead. He didn't move. I looked at Mikey who was wiping his eyes. "He's been complaining of headaches all week." He said, filling me in. "But you know him. He wouldn't go and see a doctor." He finished with a sniff. I looked back down at my boy. He looked horrible.

Paramedics were soon surrounding Gerard and were lifting him onto a foldable bed. You know what they are. "Only two people can come with us." The taller one said. "Amy and Mikey, you go." Frank said, pushing me towards the van. Mikey silently took my hand and pulled me up into the back. We were quite the whole time, unsure of what to say. Frank had said him and Sam would meet us at the hospital. I felt horrible because Sam had no idea I knew these people, and she hardly knew them. There wasn't much I could do though. My thoughts were interrupted when the ambulance doors were opened and Gerard was wheeled out and taken into emergency, Mikey and I following close behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story