Categories > Games > Devil May Cry > Devil May Cry: Remnants

Dante's Journal Entry 1

by dantes_pimp 0 reviews

"I know I should be worried about all the business I've been getting lately. Either the internet has provided easy and direct access to my clients, or there's something major brewing up in the unde...

Category: Devil May Cry - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Dante, Lady, Mundus, Trish, Vergil - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-03-01 - Updated: 2007-03-01 - 1617 words

0Unrated
Author: Now we finally get into Dante's introduction. ^_^


* Dante's Journal Entry 1 *

Been awhile. Just starting a new journal since the other one went M.I.A. on me for a month now. So many things have been going on lately that I lost track of it. Damn if I find it now. What's that saying again? Once you've given up looking for what you want to find, you wind up finding it? It was something like that...
Business has been booming beautifully these past few months, all thanks to Punk. That girl might be 'out there' but I've gotta give credit where it's due. The site is such a hit that I haven't had the chance to even clock in yet. I have to prioritize my gigs even. Traveling from one place to the other side of the world can be a big pain in the ass. The money's definitely been good and I get to bust some heads. Anything's better than going back and tracking down errant teenagers or photographing cheating spouses again. Not to sound like a prick, but I hate doing things that are beneath me. I got talents best suited for other things. Yeah, okay, any financial problems I encounter are entirely my fault, and that's why I end up doing those stupid jobs in the first place. I spend every dime I earn buying custom-made boots and coats to fit my style. But sue me. I'm an artist for Christ's sake. I need to look the part.
The fridge used to be empty months back. Not even a crumb there. I took my chances with a carton of milk that had expired ages ago and had diarrhea for a week. Now look at me. It ain't just the massive c-notes I'm getting, but the jobs that really click for me. Like I said, it's been beautiful.
Enzo called yesterday, saying something about having a line of jobs ready for me. He's desperate now that I don't need his sorry ass to find me gigs anymore, but I haven't cut him off. Call it devotion or plain pity on my part. Still, the bastard stood me up. We were supposed to meet at Bull's Eye today. He still hasn't gotten his sorry ass here. It's already closing time for me so if he decides to present himself right now I'm giving him the royal treatment: my boot up his ass. Then I'll hear him out.
Trish's still away. It's been awhile now and despite my busy schedule the place is dead without her. Lord knows where that woman went now. Not even a call. Last time we spoke she said she finished the job in Mexico but that she needed to first clear some things in her head before coming back. Whatever that meant. Lots of luck there, hon. Been there. Done that. I woke up with one hell of a hangover the next day, in bed with a drag queen named Chiquita.
All right, so, she told me she'd be back by Friday. I've been busy setting up a surprise party for her. It's an anniversary party, actually, celebrating the first day she arrived here at Devil May Cry. Technically speaking, she arrived here on a Thursday but since she said she'll be here on Friday I figured... Anyway, I've wanted to throw her a party for a long time, but there wasn't much money back then. The booming business we've gotten now has given me the money to go all out and celebrate her comeback in style. And besides, it's been stressful for the two of us. Even I want to take a break. A little R&R wouldn't be so bad for the both us. And besides, Enzo is always telling me how I don't socialize enough.
I've invited past clients to the party. It's a sneaky way of getting current happenings as well as insuring business for the future during drought season. Of course, I invited close friends and associates to the party. Lady emailed me an hour ago and said she'd try to fit it into her busy schedule. What a broad. Lucia might be a no show since she's busy taking care of Granny who's been sick. Rest her soul. I also sent an invite to Gunny, my English man. You know, the former professional hitman who's rich as hell? Yeah. That one. In case you forgot, he enjoys hunting devils with the latest technology up to date. Lasers. Gadgets. The works. I hope he comes. We always have a blast together. And he gives me some cool shit too. Finally, I decided to invite a couple of kids from my online chatroom. I'll need to buy some fruit punch and other kid-friendly stuff for them.
Somehow I gotta keep Punk busy running errands for me during the party. That girl will scare just about anyone with her 'government conspiracy theories.' Not to mention, she's constantly nagging me for sex, though not for reasons any 'normal' woman would want to have it. No. Apparently, she wants to have a demon baby so she could raise it and use it to bring down the government, which she claims to be the axis of evil. She's one crazy bitch. That's saying a lot coming from a guy like me.
Well, I've about had it with that damn bike of mines. It broke down today. Again. It happened on my way to the Bull's Eye bar where, like I just said, that dickhead said he'd be but wasn't. Goddamn bike... I know, I should've traded it in years ago. And yeah, this isn't the first time I've yelled at this bitch and promised to ditch her, only to make up with her the next day. I know. I'm just too damn sentimental for my own good. And, c'mon, you got to understand. It's been with me for a long time. It may not be as extravagant as Lady's ride but it's always gotten my ass to the places where I need to be, even if I gotta walk the way back. Walking is good for the soul, ain't it?
Anyway, those chop guys are telling me I need to buy some repair parts for it. Go blow yourselves. I may have the cash but this isn't the first you've tried to pull one over me, assholes. To hell with you. I'll find another shop. Or I might just fix the bike myself, even if I gotta use duct tape and wires to do it.
I'm going to check the website again later. News on the party somehow got out. According to Punk, it was one of my clients, Luke, who told an online buddy of his about it. Bastard. I'm going to put a laxative in his beer when he shows up to the party. Luckily, Punk has taken measures and now we have damage control. Still, couldn't hurt to peek around to see how things are faring in the cyber world.
I'm not surprised by these turn of events. It was bound to happen. It's the fucking internet, anything goes. The site itself is a fortress. Totally unhackable, thanks to Punk. But in the end, it always comes down to word of mouth. Some people just can't keep their holes shut. Even in the mercenary business that kinda shit happens and people get killed for it. Good thing the passwords never stay the same, otherwise I'd be screwed.
On the up side, though, some good came from it. The kids who were in the know-how turned out to be bright and all right (Still wondering if that Paranoid babe is a detective or psychic. Talk about hitting the nail hard.). They're the kids I decided to invite to the party. And what the hell, I might send an invitation to that Disturbed fellow for being a good sport during Punk's interrogation. Didn't lie when he could've, nor emailed the other kids about Punk's questioning. Talk about class. It's a rare breed these days. They've all been true to their word by keeping the party details to themselves. Therefore, I have no second thoughts. I'm even paying for their plane tickets (Hey, whoever said that the D-man doesn't care for the kids of the future? Gotta spread the love). Getting permissions from mom and pop, though... Well, I can't help them with that. Maybe I'll chat with them to see if they've solved that problem yet. I'll tell their parents they're going on an 'educational field trip.'
Speaking of children...sunrise is almost here. Normally I sleep the day off but tomorrow's really important. I gotta get up early to see Nemo. I wonder how my little man is holding up? Can't wait to finally see him again. Been too long and I doubt the letters I send him do much when I know he prefers seeing me in person. Sometimes being in this business can be... emotionally draining. Anyway, I got a cool present to give to him. I'm sure he'll like it. Looks like I'm taking the subway tomorrow.
I know I should be worried about all the business I've been getting lately. Either the internet has provided easy and direct access to my clients, or there's something major brewing up in the underworld. I can't help but to feel it's the latter. There's something very funny in the air, something not quite right. I guess time will tell if my hunch is on the jackpot. Until then, adios, for now.

- Dante

P.S. Rocky the Special Prime Edition is finally out in stores today. About damn time. Eye of the tiger, baby!



*
Author: Next up, Dante's Day 1!

Sign up to rate and review this story