Categories > Original > Horror > The Sea Of Conscience

Chapter 3

by xblackparadex 0 reviews

I can never think of a summary for a story. That sucks

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-03-03 - Updated: 2007-03-03 - 444 words

0Unrated
I opened my locker door and shoved my books in. I slammed it shut again, making the whole row vibrate. I walked casually out of the school gates, not caring where i was going. I just wanted to get out of this hell hole.

As i walked into the street, it started to rain. Just my luck, i thought to myself. Why does nothing ever go right for me?

I walked along the deserted streets, keeping my head low so nobody would notice me. Evangeline mostly kept an eye out for me; i had no idea why. She probably wanted to bust me for doing something wrong again. I shook my head, pityingly. I hated feeling sorry for myself. It made me feel vulnerable. And that was not what i wanted to be right at this moment.

The rain came down heavier than before, splashing on the roads violently. I pulled my hood over my head and picked up my pace. I had no idea where i was going. Following my feet probably. I wiped the hot tears from my face.

'Dammit Alex, stop crying!' i muttered to myself. A passing man frowned at me. I just glared at him. 'Yes, im a total nutcase and i talk to myself. Get over it,' i mumbled quieter. I still think he heard me, because his eyes widened and he began to jog down the street.

I looked up to see where i was heading. 'That figures,' i sighed. I was at the cemetary. I always came here when i felt depressed. I talked to my mum and dad, and pick flowers for their graves. I pulled open the rusty, iron gates and stepped inside. All of a sudden it stopped raining. A shiver ran through me, as i continued forward. Something screamed in my head to go back, to run away from this place as fast as i could. I didn't go anywhere. I carried on up the gravel path, leading to the denser part of the cemetary. The further i walked the closer together the trees got. It cast strange shadows along the grey path. I didn't want to look in front of me just in case something bad would be stood there, waiting to capture me. I made elaborate consequences in my head. They got scarier and scarier until i finally screamed at myself.

'Nothing's out here! Just stop scaring yourself! Your gonna be fine!' I took a deep breath and carried on.

'Are you?' came a voice from behind me. My blood froze and my legs stopped moving. I spun round slowly, scared of what i would see.

There was nothing there.
Sign up to rate and review this story