Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

The Reality, and First Blood

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 2028 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Chapter 4
1st July 2005


"Excellent Harry, you're developing faster than most practitioners of the art. What you need now is time. In a week, I will move you further from the initial Solar Dragon formula to the Blazing Sun formula. In that time, what I want you to do is firstly practice your internal power, and develop your reserves as much as possible for that time frame. This is imperative for the Blazing Sun formula to be learnt, because it requires a whole new level of energy usage.

"Secondly, I want you to revise your understanding of the Sky Dragon, Fire Dragon, and Heavens Way formulae that make up the Solar Dragon formula. They form the basis of understanding and usage of the Blazing Sun formula, and the better your knowledge of it, the more powerful the outcome. I have to speak with an old friend, but you must not leave Dragon's Cavern in the mean time. You asked, and I explained the reasoning; now I must ask that you reciprocate." Harry nodded and agreed, conceding the man's honesty and trust.

---

Greenie watched, it had been the better part of a week, and the young heir hadn't moved more than 4 times, each to eat, drink, and rest. The last Dragon to practice with that much determination had been the 2nd generation Green Dragon, and the habit had not passed down to the 3rd because Fen Tian had become complacent and relied on his talents alone.

Xing Yun had also worked hard, but possessed a streak of mischief that wouldn't allow him to keep still and practice for so long. True he was powerful, all the Eastern representatives had been, but Harry was something else. Already Greenie was sure the man would surpass Xing Yun by the time he decided to leave, which again he was sure would be fine with Xing Yun.

As he watched, Harry's eyes suddenly flew open, and light flooded the cave. If he could have, Greenie would have smiled; for the first since Fen Tian, an heir had attained the level of body and sword amalgamation before learning the other portions of the formula. Harry, on the other hand, blinked and keeled over backwards, power flooding his senses and pouring out again. For just a moment before he lost consciousness again, the Green Dragon mark on his forehead merged with his scar and had two "eyes" before separating again.

---

Harry was finally becoming restless; it had been 6 days since Xing Yun had left. What if he was in trouble? Perhaps he should go look for him even though he'd agreed to stay put? His troubled mind wouldn't allow him to stop pacing, as he thought constantly about the problem. Greenie chose that moment to appear, his head breaking the calm surface of the pool.

Greenie's thoughts and words flowed into Harry as the dragon began talking, "Xing Yun has come to no harm and will not before you're properly taught. Even if he were injured, unlikely because the watch around the lake is at an all time low, the title holders of "Eastern Green Dragon" heal fast, a side effect of the Celestial Solar Dragon formula. And even then, time slows in the cavern, which will allow him to escape if he so wishes because his attacker or attackers will not be used to the time flow change.

"For that matter, anyone part of the Celestial Zone is not in the normal time flow any way. True, we appear to move the same as any other human, but we age much slower, our metabolisms act much faster, all examples of the time flow paradox in us." Harry frowned at that, "so how long exactly have I been here in normal terms? My watch tells me a month, but from what you're tells me it's been a year?

Greenie laughed at this, "True, but your watch is from your previous world and is not affected by the energies around us because it is not alive. It has no inner energy like you or I have, so it believes it's been a month since you arrived. In actuality, you've been here a year, and Xing Yun left to attend the annual Dream Cloud meeting."

Harry was stumped at this. No wonder he was more powerful, the energy spike and all. Since time flowed differently here, he'd reached the age of majority faster and gained his inheritance, power and all. He sat and examined his aura closely; why hadn't he seen it before? It was so clear now, Voldemort had been drawing power from him since forever, using their connection, and so was in fact exercising his magical muscle for him.

With the age factored in, the magic of the Black and Potter lines had merged in him, providing him with something like a cover sheet, that broke the connection with Voldemort, any residual magic from the seals that had been placed on him, and gave him new connections to the Black and Potter earth lines that had formed since the first death of each line and the power seeped into the earth, forming the lines.

Just then, he was broken out of his contemplation by Xing Yun bursting out of the Lake and landing nearby, shaking the water off, "Woof! Stupid meetings always taking so long over nothing. Alright Harry, let's get started. Show me the fire dragon."

---

Hermione opened her OWL letter, literally vibrating in anticipation, "Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, Arithmacy, Runes, History, Astronomy, Defense, Magical Creatures! YES!!!!!!!!!! 15 OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she jumped up and bowled over the twins who'd just come in to visit their parents and younger siblings, jumped up again and tackled Ron back into his chair from which he was trying to sneak up to his room, grabbed Ginny and swung her around; delirious with the results, she was displaying feats of strength she hadn't been aware she had the capability for.

Finally, after hugging and kissing everyone around, she settled down for a drink. Ron, all good intentions but foot extremely attracted to his mouth, commented wistfully, "wish Harry had been here to see that." And everyone winced badly before losing the euphoria totally. Displaying rarely seen before skills in observation, except in chess, Ron winced himself, "sorry, forgot. Guess I should open mine eh?"

Fortunately for Ron, his results weren't too bad, Os for Defense, Magical Creatures, and Divination; E for and Charms; As for Transfiguration and Astronomy; accompanied by Ds for Potions and History; garnering him 9 OWLS overall. His mother seemed to be torn between disappointed by the low scores, and happiness for what he did get. Mr Weasley, however, was behind his son all the way and pulled him into a hug, "well done son, I'm proud of you."

Luna slid smoothly into his lap and kissed him soundly, showing him what she though of it all. When she heard about it, Ginny would thank everyone profusely for not waking her up.

---

Harry opened his eyes, according to his last calculations, this was his last day here for a while. The normal world would have advanced to August the 31st, and he needed to be at school soon. Thinking about it, he doubted Dumbledore would stop him from taking the courses he wanted to. In truth, he'd already bought books both advanced and basic on the subjects and studied them, augmenting his understanding of the various formulae.

That in turn had started him on creating spells that did new things. For example, he'd started on a spell that bound, gagged, disarmed, petrified, and made the victim see 3 of his surroundings. Unfortunately, he hadn't got past the layering stages; at first the bind and gag portions didn't quite match but he'd gotten them to go simultaneously. After that the disarming and sight hexes wouldn't match each other and he'd had a hell of a time putting them together. After that he'd given it up in favor of a break and concentrated totally on his skills.

Now though, he would be leaving Celestial Dragon Lake for the first time since arriving. Xing Yun would be giving him a crash course of Celestial Travel, as he called it. He bid goodbye to Senior Greenie, and swam up to the opening of Dragon Lake.

Unfortunately, or not, for him, there was someone waiting for him. Almost as soon as he floated out to the bank of the lake, he sensed the converging of powerful energy, and the breath of an attack. Putting in his first training sets, he jumped away and pulled himself together, throwing up the Heavens Dragon Dipper. Weird though the name was, it was very useful.

That particular use of the formula produced a sphere of power that physically surrounded the user by quite a margin, protecting him, or her, completely. His attacker seemed stunned for some reason, and he got a good look at her. She worse browns and dark greens, a yellow toad-like mask that reminded him of Umbridge, and toad-like hands spewed dark brown gas.

Immedietly remembering Xing Yun's story about his first foe after becoming Green Dragon, Harry deduced his attacker was the same 3-star Toad, the late Moon Monarch's secret envoy. It was believed she'd been crippled when Xing Yun slashed her hands to prevent her poisoning others, but apparently it had healed. Harry narrowed his eyes, promising himself that he'd rectify that mistake with all swiftness.

Concentrating, he pulled his spirit sword to him and it faithfully appeared in a rush of oppression. Eyes glowing, Harry suddenly dropped the shield and launched himself at Toad with blinding speed. One turnabout slash later, Toad gasped, her mask falling off and revealing a face that would have been attractive if not for the clearly Toad-ish properties. She choked out, "who - are you - and what was - that?" Harry paled realizing what he'd done but answered honestly and clearly, "I am Harry Potter, 6th generation heir to Green Dragon, Eastern of the 5 Celestial Creatures. That was the Celestial Solar Dragon Thunder Flame.

"I know how Xing Yun didn't kill you when you attacked him after he became the 5th generation heir and why he pardoned you following that. Unfortunately, it appears you haven't changed; while he and I may see eye to eye on many things, I do not condone your stubbornness, given that I also realized just who it was watching Dragon Lake for the past 2 months. I'm sure you understand why I did what I did."

Toad's face seemed to scrunch in anger for a moment, and then relax. The demonic energies that turned her into a mutant toad with hyper powered poisoning capabilities drained from her and she actually became attractive in a plain sort of way. She smiled at nothing softly and spoke in nothing more than a whisper, "you're right, my parents wouldn't want me to do the things I have. But my choices have been made and there's nothing anyone can do about them now."

She choked and coughed, throwing up blood and falling to her knees. She seemed to age before his eyes, "but regardless about my life, it is good to finally be granted the eternal rest, wherever it may be." She threw a book at his feet, "it won't hurt you; read it. I don't know why, but I feel a strange connection to you Green Dragon Harry Potter. Make good use of your life." She fell face first into the ground and seemingly dispersed away.

Harry knelt near her prone form and bowed in silence, his act of respect for the now dead marital arts practitioner. When he looked up, he noticed Xing Yun beside him slightly further back. They observed another few moments of silence before he spoke, "I don't think you should have killed her, but then perhaps it was for the best. We should get going if we're getting you there quickly; bringing the book?" Harry nodded and tucked the book into his robes, readying himself for another of Xing Yun's crash courses.

===

A/N: So we're going back to Hogwarts. Ready yourselves people, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Sign up to rate and review this story