Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Lessons of Love

Reason to Continue

by StellaWasHere 0 reviews

When I fell in love...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Gaara, Kankurou, Kazekage, Temari, Other - Published: 2007-03-04 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 575 words

0Unrated
This story is special. Why? Because it's got my favorite person in it. I CLAIM FIRST YASHAMARU YAOI. I think... do I? Maybe? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Title of Work: Lessons of Love

Pairing: Gaara X Yashamaru

Warnings: Yaoi, self harm, possible M preg if y'all will read it. AU, cause my special friend lives. And lastly, SPOILERS to ep. 77 and 78.

Summary: I was no stranger to love - I had seen it before without actually understanding it. I'd seen Kankurou walk home from school with a blushing girl who kissed him on the cheek, met the women my father began dating after my father's death, heard Yashamaru talk about Karura fondly, and watched Temari pick flowers for our uncle to make him feel better. But when love captured me, it hit me hard. He would teach me about love, but first, I would teach him to feel. And then we would learn together... love's sweet rewards and conciquences...

oOo

"Gaara-sama." Yashamaru murmured, eyes widening in shock.

I dropped the knife. It hit the floor with a loud clank that broke the disturbing silence. "Oh... Y-Yashamaru... I wasn't..."

He looked dissapointed. I bowed my head, studying the floor.

Yashamaru crouched next to me, smiling bitterly. "Gaara... Kazekage-sama assigned me to be your caretaker. I don't want to see you do such a thing. Promise me that you will never try such a thing again."

I wanted to tell him that I had seen him do the same thing, once, when he thought that I was asleep. That I saw him in his room when I walked down the hall to the bathroom. I saw him cut his wrist, I heard him cry Karura's name. (A/N: Karura is Gaara's mom. Maybe you know that, maybe you don't. But now you know, don't you?) But I bit my tounge. All I could manage was, "Yes. I understand. I'm sorry, Yashamaru."


"Are you hurt?" He asked in his gentle, careful way, taking my hand, examining it.

No, Yashamaru. I would be if I had my way, but this cursed sand protects me. I wanted to say it, but I simply shook my head.

"I care about you." Yashamaru admitted. "It pains me to see you hurt like this."

I hugged him, threw my arms around his neck and buried my face in the curve of his neck. He didn't respond for a moment, but then he wrapped his arms around me, barely hugging me back. His body was tense, and I could tell that he was bewildered by my sudden actions, but he didn't try to move away, and I took this as a sign that it didn't bother him. I would learn later that he didn't move because he was scared to move, but then it didn't matter. This was the moment I fell in love with him. My uncle. Yashamaru.

He was so gentle, so warm. His voice was quiet as he crooned sweet, comforting words into my ear; he had a manner of speaking so mild that it made me think that harsh words could not pass his lips. He smelled of the dumplings he had been making for dinner, and I could feel his soft hair above me, tickling my cheeks. At that moment, everything seemed so perfect.

It was later that night when my thoughts began to argue with each other.

oOo

How was it? Let me know. Y'all are the best!
Sign up to rate and review this story