Categories > Anime/Manga > Hellsing > Crimson Smiles

Talks and Gun Shots

by black_bird 1 review

Prologue chapters

Category: Hellsing - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Alucard - Published: 2007-03-04 - Updated: 2007-03-04 - 6111 words

0Exciting
This is chapter two, and I'm very thankful to the people that replied to my story and to all of you that even bother to read this far into it. This chapter will be long by comparison to other chapters that I've ever written. Ok, so far I haven't described myself that great, so I'll tell you right now. I'm 5 foot 3 1/4 inches, I have cat shaped eyes, that are hazel, but they go between green and brown. I have brown curly hair that reaches to my mid-back, but it frizzies in the front. I have naturally tan skin, but I'm pale from lack of sunlight, and I have pierced ears. I'm slightly over weight, and I said so in the last chapter so the character isn't perfect. The last name I give in this story isn't my real last name.

General Info. For The Story: The vampire myths will be the way they are in the Hellsing manga. I've recently just seen the first couple of Hellsing anime episodes and I just love Alucards' voice, so if you want to know what he (and the other characters) sounds like, that's it. Yes the characters are ooc, but I'm trying my best here.

Chapter 2: Talks and Gun Shots

"Then you are under our protection till this other vampire is eliminated." Lina sighed and shifted in the bed.

"Sir. Hellsing I understand the reasons behind you taking me under your organizations protection but I need to go back to L.A. My family is going to have a heart attack if I'm not back there tomorrow." Integra nodded but she wasn't changing her mind.

"We'll call them and inform them that you will not be returning till we're assured that the vampires that attacked you are dead. Now you will give us the number to contact your family so we can inform them off the changes in your schedule."

"Alright, but I should be the one to make the call, I'll just tell them my parents died in a car crash and that I need to stay in the hospital here for a little while. That will keep them from asking too many questions." Lina paused and bit her bottom lip, looking at Integra to try and see if maybe the woman would say yes before she even asked the question. "Sir. Hellsing, I was wondering if maybe I could go back to my parents' house some time and get my things?" Integra thought about it and nodded her head, not seeing the harm in it.

"Yes, tomorrow night I'll have Walter go with you to collect your things. For now I need to start the paper work on this case and we'll leave you to rest from your ordeal." As she spoke someone came in and placed a bowl of chicken noodle soup on the side table next to Lina's bed. Everyone left the room but Alucard; he came over and sat in the chair Integra had just vacated. Integra turned and looked at him coldly. "Alucard, she needs her rest, now leave the room."

"It's okay Sir. Hellsing, I don't mind the company." Integra looked at her and shrugged, turning back around to leave.

"Alright, he can stay, but Alucard, the minute she wants you out you will leave." Alucard nodded and pulled out a blood packet.

"Yes master." Integra left the room and the two sat in silence, Lina eating her soup while Alucard sipped his blood. It was quite in the room by the two were deep in a mental conversation.

Why did you kiss me?

I wasn't sure if I'd ever get the chance to again, after all. It isn't everyday I meet the most power vampire that very existed.
Alucard smirked at this.

You're right about that weakling, I am an undead god. Lina shook her head.

A diem-god, you can still be destroyed so you don't qualify as a god. Alucard rolled his eyes and finished his blood packet, throwing it into the trash can.

If you think so girl, but you never answered my question. Lina quirked an eyebrow at him and set down her soup as she finished it.

What are you talking about? Which question did I not answer?

You said I said weakling like it's a bad thing, explain?
Lina blinked at him and giggled slightly.

If I didn't have any weaknesses I would be perfect, and if I was perfect I would be bored out of my mind and would probably shoot myself. Alucard chuckled lightly, and removed his glasses, sitting closer to her.

You're right, being perfect would be boring. So if that's true, what would be my weakness girl? Lina poked his chest and smiled at him.

Your weakness is that you're easily bored.

How very true.
Alucard looked pensive, pausing for a moment before asking his next question./Why aren't you morning for your dead parents?/Lina shrugged.

I did enough morning while I was running away, I don't believe in morning for the dead for to long. They might be dead, but they would want me to continue living happily. Alucard nodded his head in understanding.

You're pretty smart for a girl your age, not to mention the fact you're American. Lina rolled her eyes and started to take off her shoes.

And you're pretty good looking for a 700 year old corpse. Alucard got a cocky look on his face as he leaned closer to her.

"You find me attractive?" Lina finished with her shoes and stood up.

"Yes I do, I've always had a thing for tall, black haired, paled skinned, smart guys that are bad. You're just the first one that happens to be undead and ancient. Don't look." Alucard looked away as she took off her pants. She pulled the sheet back and laid down, pulling the sheet to her waist. "You can look now." Alucard looked back at her to find her yawning as she undid her hair. "Well I'm going to get some sleep now. I'll talk to you tomorrow night Alucard." He nodded and stood up as well, bowed slightly and smirked as he started to sink through the floor.

"Yes indeed, goodnight Lina." Once he was gone Lina laid her head down and closed her eyes, muttering as she nodded off to sleep.

"Showoff."

(Later the next day....................................................................................)

Lina woke up and stretched as the late afternoon sun came in through the windows of the infirmary. Slowly she got up and went to the bathroom, splashing cold water onto her face. She looked at her hair and sighed, there were clumps of dried blood that she hadn't noticed last night.

"I really need to shower." She walked back out and put her pants and shoes on, and then she redid her hair into one braid. After she finished she went to the door and just as she was reaching out to open it Walter stepped through. He smiled to her and handed her a bowl of cereal.

"Evening Miss. I hope that you slept well. Please go take a seat back down on your bed; I need to change your bandages." He turned her back towards her bed and she sat down, eating the cereal. He left for a few seconds but quickly returned with fresh gauze, rubbing alcohol, and a pill. He handed the pill to her, and then went to unrolling the gauze he would be using. "Take the pill, it's a painkiller. Then I'll need you to take off your shirt Miss." Lina swallowed the pill and set down her bowl of cereal, removing her ripped shirt for Walter.

"Please, just call me Lina. You're Walter correct?" He removed her bandages and started to clean out the little cuts, Lina hissed as it burnt.

"Yes Lina, my name is Walter. Sir. Hellsing wishes you a good evening." Lina tried to smile but the pain kept her from doing so.

"That's nice of her." Lina shut her eyes as Walter got to a larger cut on her arm. "How are you?" Walter bandaged her back up and packed away the items.

"I'm fine. After you're done eating I'll be showing you to Integra's office." Lina gave him a confused look.

"Is Integra Sir. Hellsing's first name?" She put her shirt back on and returned to eating her cereal. Walter nodded a yes. "It's a pretty name." She finished with her cereal and put it down, and then she followed Walter out of the room. The hallways of the Hellsing manor were long but Lina didn't notice as she gazed at all the items decorating them. 'This place looks like a normal mansion, but I know better then to believe that.' Walter stopped at in front of a large door, opening it and standing aside so Lina could enter first. Integra sat at her desk and had a small pile of paperwork sitting in front of her, Lina waited quietly for Integra to acknowledge her, not wanting to be rude. Without looking up Integra spoke to her.

"Have a seat Lina; I'll be with you in a second." Lina sat down and looked around the office, and as she did a smell hit her. 'Ewe does Sir. Hellsing smoke?' The question was answered for her as Integra pulled out a cigar.

"Sir. Hellsing, could we open a window if you're going to smoke?" Integra paused before she lit the cigar and nodded her head; Walter went to the window and opened it, letting in the fresh air. "Thanks." Integra took a puff of the cigar and straightened her glasses.

"Now, I need to know your full name before we continue." Lina sighed.

"My name's Christina Kayam." Integra wrote it down and continued to smoke.

"I have a few more questions that I didn't ask last night. First, why are these vampires targeting you?" At that Integra stared directly at her, Lina looked down nervously and wriggled under Integra's stare.

"Their after me because I'm the only one that knows the spell that could make vampires immune to sunlight, silver, and able to cross running water, They found out about it and they wanted me to use it on them." An amused look was on Integra's face; she put out her cigar and let blew the smoke out of her mouth.

"You mean to tell me that you could make them practically invincible." Lina nodded. "I doubt that, but seeing as they've attacked you they do believe it. Well, besides the two vampires that attacked you last night, are there anymore that might know about this and possiblely attack you in the future?" Lina thought about it, and shrugged her shoulders.

"Not unless they have friends they've told, but I could be wrong." Integra nodded and started to go through her paperwork again.

"Walter, please get a car ready to take Miss. Kayam to gather her belongings." Walter nodded and bowed as he left the room.

"Of course Sir, I'll be back monetarily to take her." After he left Lina sat there uncomfortable, wringing her hands in her lap. Integra looked up and sighed softly.

"Lina, is there a problem?"

"No Sir. I'm just worried about my family, I haven't called them yet and I don't want them to panic."

"Well I called them and left a message, so I'll let you call them later if that will help." Lina smiled at her and relaxed slightly.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." Integra smiled back and then got an annoyed look on her face as Alucard walked through the wall behind Lina.

"What are you doing up early Alucard, I don't have any missions for you." Alucard just smiled and sat at the corner of Integra's desk.

"Oh, but master I think you do. I'm here to escort Miss. Kayam and Walter to collect her belongings; after all, that vampire might be waiting to ambush her there."

"You know that Walter is more than capable of handling a vampire. So you aren't needed."

"But there's no harm in extra protection, besides you said it your self, I don't have any missions." Integra growled in annoyance.

"Why do you even want to go?" Alucard just shrugged and stood up.

"I'm bored and it's something to do, unless you'd rather me stay here and help you." At this Integra just sighed in defeat. Remembering the last time he had helped it had taken her two weeks to get all the paper work back from various parts of the house.

"Fine, just don't misbehave." With that Integra relit her cigar and took a deep puff of it, needing to calm down her temper. Alucard turned to Lina and continued to grin that creepy grin of his.

"Hello /Christina/, how are you this fine evening?" Lina's eye lid twitched as he stressed her name, then she smirked as she spoke.

"Oh I'm fine /Vlad/, how about you?" Integra froze as she heard Lina say that name, looking at her with disbelief clearly written on her face. Alucard just laughed madly and Walter came in with a confused look on his face.

"Did I miss something?" Walter asked. Integra spoke in a flat voice to Walter.

"She just called Alucard Vlad." At this Walter's eyes widened. Alucard slowly stopped his laughing as Lina looked at Integra.

"How did you know his real name?" Lina chuckled sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Well it wasn't that hard to figure out, after all Alucard is Dracula, and Dracula's birth name was Vlad." Now Integra and Walter were both staring at her with a look of horror on their face. If possible Alucard's grin got bigger. Integra spoke in a hushed voice.

"How did you know he was Dracula?" Lina gulped slightly and avoided looking at any of the people in the room.

"I knew he was Dracula because of his aura. I'm studying to become a sorceress and the first thing we're taught is how to recognize monsters and Dracula in particular because of the fact he's so powerful." Integra closed her eyes and rubbed her temple as she took in the information, biting the end of her cigar. Walter just coughed into his hand trying not to look shocked. Lina could almost see the smug pride at being called powerful rolling off him in waves. When Integra spoke it was tight and controlled.

"You are not to breathe a word of who he really is, understood? We can't have people knowing." Lina nodded and stood up.

"Gotcha, I won't tell a single soul. So, which way to the car?" Walter had regained a calm look and had opened the door. Integra just went back to her work.

"Follow me Miss." Lina followed Walter out the door and Alucard closed it behind them. They walked down the halls and got into the car, it was an s.u.v. driving through the London streets Lina gave Walter the directions to her home. An hour later they pulled up in front of a small town house. Lina went up to the door and looked through her pockets for her house key.

"Shit, where did I put that thing. Don't tell me I lost it." Alucard just fazed through the door and unlocked it, opening it as Lina rolled eyes. "You show off to much."

"What good are powers if you don't use them?" She walked pass him and continued up the stairs to her room. Walter stepped in and followed her up the stairs, with Alucard in tow. The door to her room had a poster of Tinker Bell stuck to the front, and as the two men walked in they noticed that almost every inch of wall was covered in posters. Some of the posters had dragons, Tinker Bell, and random anime characters, but most of them were of bands or singers. The bed was a twin sized, with a few stuffed animals sitting on the pillows. Against the wall was a large desk with a book self next to it.

"This is my room, feel free to sit anywhere. I won't be to long." Walter sat down at the chair in front of her desk, while Alucard sat on her bed, both looking around the room. Lina grabbed a few bags and started to pack her clothes up. "If you guys want anything help yourselves, after all my parents won't mind." She smiled at them then went back to shoving clothes into her bags. Walter stood up and walked out of the room.

"Thank you, I'll be making tea down in the kitchen if you need me." After he left Alucard took his seat, looking at the large pile of cd's and books on the desk.

"Alucard, there's a small mini-fridge in my closet; there should be a small thing of blood still in there if you want it." He looked at her curiously but went over and found what she said to be true, he sat back down with it and sipped it.

"Now why would you have human blood just sitting around in your room?" Lina finished with her clothes and started to pack all her books away.

"I needed it for some of the beginning spells, and it tastes good as a midnight snack." She gave him a grin as he looked her over.

"You drink blood? Now why don't I believe that?" Lina stopped with her packing and walked over to him, then taking it out of his hands she took a sip and swallowed. He just looked on and took it back from her. "Well, you are a strange one aren't you?" Finishing with her books Lina took out a cylinder and started to remove the posters from the walls.

"Yeah, well I like being strange, it makes people notice me." Putting all the posters on top of each other she started to climb up on her bed to get to the one's on the ceiling. After she failed to reach she cussed under her breath. "Hey Alucard, mind helping me out, I'm too short to reach." Alucard stood up and easily removed the posters handing them to her. "Thanks."

"It was nothing mortal." He sat down again and she put all the posters into the cylinder.

"I think I liked it better when you called me weakling." Finishing with her posters she then packed up all the little trinkets and the cd's in her room.

"You do, wonderful. I think it fits you better anyway." He caught the stuffed dragon that she threw at his head. "Stuffed animal's, don't you think you're a little to old to have these?"

"Don't you think you're a little to old to be making fun of a 16 year old girl?" He tossed it back to her and she put it away. "No smart ass come back, wow. Maybe there's hope for you after all."

"Don't count on me changing, I was just speaking with Walter and he wants to know if you want any tea?" She double checked her room for any forgotten items.

"No thanks, I'm not that fond of tea." She then picked up her bags and walked down the stairs and dumped her bags there. "I'll be right back." She went into her parents' room and started to search the drawers, picking up the jewelry and money she found and pocketing it. When she turned to leave the room Alucard was standing behind her.

"Stealing from your parents, you're being a naughty girl." Lina just stepped around him and continued to go into the kitchen, Alucard just tagging along behind her.

"You have no idea of how naughty I can be." He stepped in front of her and blocked her from continuing, leaning down and whispering against her ear.

"Is that an invite to find out?" Lina gulped and blushed at the way he was acting.

"Maybe, but I'm too young to do anything, so it doesn't matter yet." He quirked an eyebrow at this and moved so they were eye to eye.

"Yet, so that means you plan to, but now here's the better question." His lips where less then an inch from hers. "When?" She shivered and stepped back from him.

"When I'm ready." She slid under his arm and went to where Walter was sitting with a hot cup of tea. "I'm ready to go back. I hope I didn't take to long." Walter smiled and finished his tea as Alucard leaned against the door frame.

"You got every thing you needed?" Lina thought for a second then smacked herself.

"No, I forgot about my shower stuff." She left quickly and came back with a plastic bag filled with shampoo, conditioner, soap, a hair brush and hair ties. "Now I have every thing." The three got all her things into the car and started to drive back to Hellsing, by now the sun had set and the Hellsing troops where out practicing on the shoot range. Lina was watching them intently.

"You like guns?" Alucard spoke to her. She nodded and turned to look at him.

"I like all types of weapons, but guns are on my top five." Alucard pulled out his gun, flipping the safety on and showed it to her. Her eyes gazed at the weapon awestruck. "It's beautiful. This thing could do some major damage." Walter spoke up at her comment.

"I personally designed Alucards' gun, it's not something us humans could use, and the kick back alone could dislocate a shoulder. This one is called the casull, I'm currently thinking about making him another gun." Lina looked to Walter.

"What other weapons have you designed? I personally design swords, daggers, whips and weapons like that." They pulled to a stop in front of Hellsing and Walter turned to look at her.

"The only other weapons I've designed are my own wires. Perhaps you would let me take a look at your designs and lend my advice." Alucard put his gun away and listened half interestedly.

"Yes, I'm interested in seeing these designs as well; it's been a while since I've seen a good sword." Lina blushed and started to get out of the car.

"Their not very good and I don't plan on ever making them. I was just saying that I do." Both men got out of the car to help her carry her things inside.

"Nonsense, I'm sure their fine. Besides, maybe I could help you make them better." Walter smiled as they walked through the halls, stopping at a door and opening it.

"And I can laugh at how poorly you drew them." Alucard taunted her as they walked into the room. It was a normal sized room, with a single bed, a dresser and a desk. They put her things down on the floor, while Lina spoke.

"And then you can draw a weapon and show just how much better you are at it." Walter chuckled at this, knowing that Alucard couldn't draw very well. Alucard just grumbled about girls not taking insults properly anymore. Lina grabbed her shower things and started to look through her clothes.

"Hey, do you think I could take a shower?" Walter nodded as showed her where the bathroom and towels where. While they where gone Alucard busied himself with digging through her bags, pulling out some of her books and flipping through them. He noted that most of the books where stories or what he assumed she was learning her magic from, but after digging for a while he noticed one of the books had a her name written on the cover and a keep out sign underneath it. He sat back in the chair and started to read through it. Walter came back to the room and frowned when he saw what Alucard was doing.

"Alucard, I know for a fact she didn't say you could look through her things. So put it back." Alucard merely flipped the book and showed Walter a drawing of a dagger that had a poem written on the blade.

"This is the book she designs and writes poems in, this is the best drawing and poem I've seen so far in here. There are weapons that are better designed, but poorly drawn." Walter took the book and examined the page, making sounds as he studied it then he looked at a few other pages and closed the book.

"It's very interesting, but she still didn't say it was alright to look through her things." Alucard just shrugged and put it down on the desk.

"I'll go check on Integra, you stay here and help her clean up this mess." Before Walter could stop him Alucard had disappeared from the room. Cursing him under his breath Walter carefully put away the books and other items that had been tossed about the room, examining some of the books before stacking them away. An hour later Lina came in to see that her things except her clothes had been stacked or shelved neatly.

"Wow Walter, you didn't have to do that. I probably won't even be here that long, but thanks." Walter smiled as he finished.

"It wasn't a problem miss. I'll leave so you can get dressed, if you need anything I will be just outside."

"Actually I was wondering if I could get a cd player so I could listen to some music, but you don't have to bother with it." She moved out of the door way so Walter could get by. "I really do appreciate what the Hellsing organization is doing for me."

"It's nice to know that, truly it is." With that Walter left the room, leaving her alone. She looked through her clothes and picked out a red shirt and jean shorts, putting her clothes on. While outside side her room Walter was getting a small cd player for her when Alucard stepped out of the ceiling. Hanging there as he spoke to Walter.

"Integra wants weakling upstairs so she can call her family."

"I had a feeling she would. We'll be up there shortly." Alucard simply melted back into the ceiling as Walter walked back to Lina's room, knocking on the door. Lina opened the door and quickly stepped aside for Walter.

"Thank you so much Walter, you could have just let me get it." Walter shook his head as he set it down on her desk.

"Your welcome and Sir. Hellsing needs to you in her office so you can call your family." Lina nodded and followed Walter back to Integra's office where Alucard was stargazing.

"Lina, it's good to see that you got yourself cleaned up. How are you feeling?" Lina bowed politely and sat down in the same chair see had before.

"I'm feeling a lot better, you wanted me to call?" Integra nodded, pointing out the phone.

"Yes, don't take to long because I may need to call some other important people." Lina stood and picked up the phone, dialed the number and waited for it to go through.

"I won't, I'm not a big phone person." Integra reached over and put it on speaker phone. Lina looked confused at this. "Um..."

"So you can sit away from my desk while I do some important paper work, it's not that you could do anything, but it's procedure." Lina shrugged and sat back down while she waited for the call to go through.

"I understand it's the rules nothing personal." At this the answering machine picked up the call.

"We're sorry, but we are unable to answer your call at the present time, please leave a name, message and a call back number at the beep." Lina sighed and was about to speak when a woman answered the phone.

"Hello, who is calling?" Lina suddenly had a horrified look on her face; the other occupants of the room noticed and looked to the phone. Lina took a deep breath and closed her eyes before opening them and speaking in a slightly depressed, but angry tone.

(Song to listen to: Fall Out Boy, Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dieing)

"Why are you picking up that phone?" They heard groans in the background as the woman on the phone started to giggle.

"Oh, I was wondering when you would call here girl. I simply must tell you that you have a delicious family. I see where you get that fighting spirit from, even the little ones gave me problems, though not much." At this she laughed, the groans becoming louder. Integra immediately stopped her work when she realized what was happening, Alucard had walked over and stared at Lina from the desk. Walter handed Lina a tissue as tears rolled down her cheeks. Taking it and dabbing her eyes dry she steeled herself.

"What did you do to my family you undead whore?" The woman stopped laughing at the insult and spoke in an acidic voice.

"I turned them all into ghouls; all of your family is now under my control." Lina gripped the arms of the chair tightly, her knuckles turning white. The other three watching carefully, waiting to see what she would do.

"You couldn't have turned them all into ghouls, what did you do to my baby cousins?" The woman huffed at this.

"I just let the ghouls eat them whole, you should have heard them screaming for help. It was so funny; my poor dead brother would have enjoyed it." At this Lina was snapping out her responses.

"Is that why you killed my family, because your worthless scumbag of a brother was too stupid to avoid getting shot! You are pathetic!" The woman growled at this.

"It's your fault, you tricked him you fucking brat! Now just tell me the spell!" Lina hung her head at this, her body shaking. Integra got up and was going to go over to help her, when Alucard put his hand out to stop her. Integra was about to push his hand away when she heard laughing, at first she thought it was coming from the phone but then Lina threw her head back and laughed like a lunatic. Alucard smirked at this while Integra just thought it was odd how much that laughter resembled Alucards' own. "Stop that laughing, what's so funny, don't you dare insult me you weak brat!" Lina still had amusement in her voice when she spoke.

"You're an even bigger idiot then your brother was! Why in hell should I tell you the damn spell? You killed everyone I care about. Now you don't have anything to hold against me. I could just hang up right now and you would never find me again." The woman was silent as she considered what Lina said.

"What about a trade, you perform the spell for me, and I'll make you into a vampire. What do you say to that?" Integra hung up on the woman, gritting her teeth in anger.

"Walter, I want you to go and see what information you can gather on this vampire. Miss. Lina you will give Walter a description of how this woman looks." When she turned back to look at Lina she noticed that the girl was crying hard but silently, head down so they couldn't see.

"Yes Sir. Hellsing." She stood up and waited for Walter to tell her where to go.

"Please follow me." She nodded and walked out behind him. After they had left Integra sat back in her chair and pulled out her cigars, lighting one.

"Do you need anything master?"

"No servant, you may be excused." Alucard grinned and faded slowly out of the room.

"Wonderful, I'll be around the shooting range if you have need of me master." Integra simply returned to her paper work.

(Elsewhere.............................................................................................)

Walter had taken her back to the hospital wing and gathered more of the medical gauze, cleaning her cuts again while she told him what the woman and her brother had looked like. After he had finished she left to her room and locked the door, turning on the cd player Walter had brought she put in one and turned it up loud, thinking it would block out the sounds of her cries and sobs. Laying face down in her pillow as she cried her heart out. Walter walked away to do the research into the vampires, feeling bad for the girl.

"Poor thing."

(End song)

(Two nights later....................................................................................)

Integra was starting to worry about the girl since she had locked her self up. She stood at the door and knocked lightly, hearing the music coming from the room.

"Lina, open up it's Sir. Hellsing and I want to speak to you, privately." She heard movement from the room and the music volume turned lower. Lina opened the door and let Integra into the room, closing the door behind her.

"Yes Sir. Hellsing? What is it?" Lina had blood shot eyes, tear stains on her face and a haggard appearance, earning a frown from Integra. Lina sat down on the bed and Integra sat next to her.

"Lina, I know this must be a hard time for you and we all understand that, believe me. I remember when my father died; it was hard on me too. I know from what Alucard told me of your philosophy about morning the dead, but I know that even if you get all that pain out of your system now you'll still feel it later, so if you need someone to talk to both me and Walter are available, alright?" Giving the girl a smile Integra was surprised when Lina hugged her.

"Thanks." Integra awkwardly returned the gesture, pulling away after a few minutes. "Sorry about all the trouble I'm giving you, I'll be a lot better now that I've cried it out." Integra stood up and turned to leave the room, smiling again as she left. Lina smiled back and started to fix up her appearance, while she was doing that Walter came in to the room, carrying a sandwich and the things to clean her cuts. "Hey Walter, how are you?"

"I'm well Lina, but how are you faring?" She let him clean her healing cuts, wincing since it hurt.

"I'm still a little upset, but over all getting better. Did you find anything out?" He paused while he worked.

"Yes I did, the vampire's name is Valerie Stone." She nodded and took a bite of the sandwich, a strange look on her face.

"So how long before she's destroyed?" Walter finished and stood up, shrugging his shoulders.

"We're not sure yet, she's not in England so it's difficult to plan our attack."

"Ok, but will you tell me when you guys do figure it out?"

"Yes you will be informed when any news like that turns up, I promise."

"Great, hey do you think you could tell me where Alucard is. I have to ask him something." Walter told her that Alucard would probably still be in the dungeon, and showed her where it was. He left her there to attend to some important matters. She said a quick thanks before descending the stair case into the almost pitch black corridor, goose bumps on her skin from the chill. Taking a deep calming breath she continued to walk into the basement. "Hey Alucard, are you here?"

"Of course I'm here; I thought you could tell that sort of thing about me." His deep voice said into her ear making her jump and let out a scared yelp. She turned to face him and shivered as his red eyes stared at her in the darkness.

"Your aura is too thick down here." He made a tsk tsk sound and slowly the lights flickered on.

"Well what did you come down here for weakling?" Lina took another deep breath.

"I want to learn how to shot a gun and I was wondering if you would teach me." He looked at her and smiled sadistically.

"I teach you, but you have to do a favor for me first." She gulped loudly as he finished.

"What would I have to do?"

(Later...................................................................................................)

"I can't believe this, I hit the mark! I really hit it!" Lina was beaming with joy has the target showed that she had shot it almost dead center in the head. Alucard looked up from her sketch book at it.

"Good, now try aiming for the heart this time." She eagerly reset the target and pulled the trigger, the bullet missing the heart and piercing the lower abs. She continued to practice as Alucard regularly checked her progress.
Sign up to rate and review this story