Categories > Original > Poetry

Would You?

by mamiofmayhem 0 reviews

Something I wrote for my husband. Yeah,... he didn't get it. So I might as well post it.

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-03-05 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 294 words - Complete

0Unrated
Would You?





If you could lasso the night, would my dreams be there?

Would you carefully search for the things that remind you of Me?

Would you cry if mementos of my memories were nowhere to be found?

In solitude would you yearn for my voice?



Would you labor in a journey to retrieve the shadows of our yesterdays?

Would you follow unknown paths with only the hope of glimpsing a sliver of my disappearing figure?

Would you spill your insatiable desire for me to strangers in the fields so as to proclaim your unfettered love?

In desperation would you seek for me behind unfamiliar facades?



If nights were tangible would you take your finest ones and wrap them up only for me?

Would you overturn unmovable stones just to find a fleck of happiness for me?

When lovers find no more joy in each other because of withering time will you still be standing strong?

Could you find passion in my antiquated face?



When I take your hand in mine will you remember the flames that we never wish to quench?

Would you be willing to divert from one road and begin to travel another only for me?

When I say I am sorry will you take it for truth and forget the other things before it?

Will you be my comforter when I need the warmth that can only come from you?



Will you be the breath I need when mine expires?

Will you provide the sustenance I require when I am weak?

Will you be my inspiration when my light is dim?

When I promise my life, will you keep it beyond death?



Will you be my life when all others fall away?

Would you, could you, will you, for me?
Sign up to rate and review this story