Categories > Original > Mystery

Perfect

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Allison thought she had the perfect life, she was wrong.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-06 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 1419 words - Complete

0Unrated
The day I met Roger was the happiest day of my life. We moved into a house in the country and began the perfect life, the American dream. Little did I know that it would soon become a perfect nightmare. That the man that I loved, would become the one that I feared.


It all began with a phone call, Alison was feeding the baby and Roger was rushing around trying to get ready to go into the city for a meeting. "Hello?" Allison answered the phone. She could hear someone breathing softly. At first she thought it was a prank phone call and she started to hang up, when she heard a voice say softly" don't trust him." Allison froze and pressed the phone to her ear. The voice continued "your husband Roger murdered my sister, check the shoe box he has marked private. It will show you the truth." Than the caller hung up, Allison stood there for a moment with the receiver in her hand. Suddenly Roger's voice saying her name startled her, making her drop the phone. "Are you okay?" Roger asked her, eyeing her with concern. Allison fumbled with the receiver and hung it up. "Yes" she stammered, "that was just a wrong number." Roger looked unconvinced, "are you sure honey, I can cancel my meeting if you want me too." No, no of course not" Allison said "you go, I'll be fine. I need to put Peter to bed soon." She kissed Roger on the cheek. Roger went over to Peter and kissed him on the head. "Well if you're sure," he picked up his briefcase and started for the front door. "It'll be a late meeting, I'll be home tomorrow." Allison stood at the front door until Roger's car disappeared down the long driveway. She picked up Peter and took him upstairs, after she changed him and put him to bed. She went into the bedroom, and opened the closet. "I'll just look to prove Roger is not a murderer" she thought and got the box down from the shelf. Feeling guilty she opened it up and looked inside. There were pictures of his parents and sister, a diploma, old letters. Allison was about to put the lid back on the box when she saw a newspaper clipping, curious she took it out of the box. "Young woman found murdered, No leads." The headline read, Allison got chills as she saw Roger's picture. The woman was Roger's wife, she had been found by him murdered in their home. Allison looked frantically through the box again. She found another newspaper clipping from a different state. "Local businessman's wife hangs self in attic." The headline read, again it had Roger's picture. This time his wife had killed herself because she found out she couldn't have children. With hands shaking Allison replaced the lid and put the box back in the closet. She had to get Peter and get out of the house. She closed the closet door and saw Roger in the bedroom doorway. Allison gasped "what are you doing back?" She asked unable to keep her voice from trembling. Roger smiled a cold smile, "Allison my dear," He began walking towards her. "Snooping is not very nice." Allison quickly backed up, until she was against the wall. " Look, Roger I didn't see anything." She said " I swear." Roger laughed nastily and said "Allison, how stupid do you think I am? I knew something was up by the way you acted after that phone call." He lifted a hand and stroked her hair, "so I called and canceled the meeting and came back. What do I come back to find?" He snarled, "my wife snooping where she doesn't belong." He closed his eyes for a moment. "You my dear," he began "are just like the other two." None of you were perfect enough." He smiled "When I met Chloe, I thought I had found the perfect woman. But than after a year of marriage she told me she wanted a divorce." Roger punched his fist against the wall next to Allison's head, making her flinch. "I knew I couldn't have a divorce. So I paid a couple of young thugs to break into the house and murder her." He laughed at the horror he saw in Allison's eyes. "Than I met Bonnie, she was even more perfect that Chloe. But than we found out something that marred the perfect life I wanted" Roger leaned close to Allison, "Bonnie couldn't have children. I needed children, they were part of the perfect life I wanted. So I took some rope and made it look like Bonnie had committed suicide." Roger laughed coldly, "it's amazing what a little money will do. Because of me being a rich business man everyone rushed to believe the suicide."He looked at Allison and said, now that leaves me to you Allison. Dear, sweet Allison. You gave me a son, but you also found out my dirty little secret. You no longer fit in my perfect life." He put his hands on Allison's throat. "I'm sorry" he said as he began to squeeze, "but now you have to die too."


As Roger began to squeeze Allison's neck, she reached frantically behind her for the lamp on the bedside table. She grabbed it and brought it around, smacking Roger in the side of the head with it. He let go of her neck and dropped to the floor stunned. Quickly Allison ran out of the bedroom, down the hall to Peter's room. She locked the door and ran over to the crib. She picked up Peter and looked around frantically for a escape route. She ran over to the veranda door and flung it open. As she ran out the door and down the stairs to the bottom level porch, she heard Roger kick the door open. She knew he would be after her in a moment and she would be to visible on the driveway. So she started for the forest that surrounded the house. She ran into the trees just as she heard Roger run down the stairs. She heard him scream her name and she began to run. Behind her she heard him crashing through the forest. She veered to the left and hid behind a clump of trees. She waited until he passed her, than she ran again, towards the highway. Suddenly she heard him crashing through the trees and she put Peter down and grasped a large fallen branch. When he came crashing into the clearing she hit him with the tree branch, knocking him down. Not waiting to see if he was unconscious, she picked up Peter and ran finally making it to the road. Gasping for breath, she flagged down a oncoming car. "What's the matter Allison?" The sheriff asked as he got out of the car. Terrified Allison grabbed onto his sleeve, "please James" she begged "we have to leave now before my husband comes." James looked at her with confusion in his eyes. "What's going on with your husband," he asked. Than stopped and turned as the bushes alongside the road rustled. Putting his hand on his gun butt he started towards it. "You wait here" he turned and said to her. As he turned back around Roger exploded out of the bushes. As Roger beat James with a branch, Allison quickly hid Peter in the back of the car and got James's extra gun. Roger started toward her and yelled "where is my son bitch?" Allison put the gun behind her back and said loudly as she cocked the trigger. "I'll never let you get my son Roger, over my dead body. Roger smiled madly and said "that can be arranged." He ran at Allison who whipped out the gun and shot him. Roger kept coming, Allison shot him again and Roger fell down. Allison quickly dropped the gun and ran to the car. "We need help,"she said into the walkie talkie, "officer down."


Later that night as Allison walked towards the hospital doors, she heard someone call her name. She turned and saw Jason walking down the hall on crutches. "Are you ok?" She asked Jason as he stopped next to her. "Yeah," he said winking "in fact, I'm just perfect." Allison held the door open for him. "Do me a favor will you," she said as they walked out of the hospital together. "Don't ever say that word again."
Sign up to rate and review this story