Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Emos Wear White

by horsie890 12 reviews

A request from the tormented. [A quick musing on MCR]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-03-06 - Updated: 2007-03-07 - 394 words - Complete

2Moving
They're everywhere. You see them at school, at the mall, wherever you go. But have you ever stopped to think about them? Why they wear black, or why they look so deathly pale?
Goths. Freaks. Emos. We taunt them with names that are as cruel and unfeeling as they appear to us. And it's not like we're any better, are we? We're taunting people who have found refuge in each other. Refuge from the pain we caused them.

It's not just those that are hurting. It's not only what you see on the outside that means anything; it's also those you don't see. The countless others who look 'normal', just like all of your friends. You never notice the quiet girl in the corner who never speaks to anyone, consumed by her own pain and self doubt. You never see the boy who always wears sweatshirts to hide the scars. The scars caused by your torments.
You never notice them because they don't look any different. And they're too afraid to be different. Afraid to be who they really are. They hurt. They cry. Some of them cut. You can't tell because you don't pay attention. They blend in with the background, silently suffering.

Someone decided to listen. Someone took a stand for every kid out there that went unnoticed, every kid who suffered in silence too afraid to change their appearance. Someone noticed them. Someone was brave enough to help them change their music. That someone is Gerard Way. He gathered his friends to help these kids escape their fears. They formed a band and wove their souls into their music. The tormented found refuge and were finally saved. The music gave a voice to those too afraid to speak for themselves. But we didn't like that. No, instead we choose to ridicule their safety and bash their saviors. And for what reason?
Because they're different. Because we don't like what's different.

Does this describe you? Are you one of the people out there that could honestly read this aloud and feel it applies to you? If so, I ask of you one simple thing.
Stop and listen. Listen to the music that saved them. Understand what it's really like. Stop the torment that makes them want to die so desperately.
And maybe, just maybe, My Chemical Romance will save you from yourself.
Sign up to rate and review this story