Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Cancer

His last two weeks

by iwanthim 1 review

The happenings of Kiba's last days on Earth

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Chouji, Ino, Iruka, Kiba, Kurenai, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Shino, Tsunade - Published: 2007-03-07 - Updated: 2007-03-07 - 627 words

0Moving
It was a dark two weeks. The darkest two weeks Konoha had ever seen. Atleast for some of the villagers it was. Tsunade did all she could for him but it was no use. He laid in his hospital bed receiving gifts from his teammates, former classmates, and his sensais. Tsunade had allowed Akamaru to stay with him for the solid fact that he seemed to be the one medicine that was working besides Hinata, Shino, and Kurenai. His parents let him know how much they truley love him. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura had paid him multiple visits. "Remember, you still owe me a match" Naruto says to break the uneasy silence. He laughs and asks them to send in Shikamaru for a game of shoji. Of course Shikamaru kicks his ass and they laugh it off. Ino brings in flowers from her family's shop. Sakura brings in sweets that her mother made, that usually end up being devoured by Chouji. Everyone gathers as they talk about days at the acadamy. He apologizes to people he hurt in their younger days. Especially Naruto. Naruto just shrugs it off and says "Constructive criticism" He shares the feelings he'd been holding inside of himself for so long with Hinata. He tells her how much he loves and how he wishes they could've been together. Hinata smiles and kisses him. "I love you too" She says wiping away tears. Kurenai makes sure that his spirits are up. "We're sad enough. We don't need you to be too" She laughs. Girls he doesn't even know come to see him to confess their love to him. Tsunade makes him as comfortable as possible. "You're my best friend" The last words he'll hear from Shino. "I always loved you" The last words he'll hear from Hinata. Her hand grips his hand, and then Kiba slips away into the darkness. The voices of the people he loved now fade away into nothing. He is not afraid, and let's the coldness overtake his body with dignaty.
Hinata feels his hand grow cold in her's. "He's gone" she whispers, though it's not audible through the beep of the flatline. Everyone in the room breaks down and cries over their lost friend.
-------------------------------------------------
The day of the funeral was clear and sunny, though it still seemed that Konoha had a dark cloud covering it. Hinata sat next to Naruto. She tried her best to keep her emotions under control, but couldn't help bursting into tears. Naruto put his arm around the girl in his best attempt to comfort her. She cried into his shoulder and thanked him a million times over for being there. Sakura sat beside Sasuke. He didn't care though. This was rough for all of them, and he knew Sakura wouldn't be so self centered as to flirt with him at someone's funeral. He took her hand in his and allowed her to lean on his shoulder. "Thank you, Sasuke-kun" She said. "No problem" He replied, and smiled just to lighten things up. Kurenai and Asuma sat together. They didn't say a word. Iruka could be found by a tree, crying feircly with Kakashi as his support. It was never easy to lose one of your students. Ino and Chouji were comforting eachother, while Shikamaru decided not to show up at all. He found it too troublesome, but others had their guesses as to why he didn't show. As for Shino, you could find him over near a tree playing fetch with Akamaru. He had been chosen to take care of the dog. The sun shined through the leaves. Birds chirrped and a light gust of wind wrapped around him. He smiled at his best friends final goodbye, and went back to playing with Akamaru.
Sign up to rate and review this story