Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > Losing Hold of something that has no Grip

Chapter 13 : The time that Escaped

by livingontheedge 0 reviews

Esther is the glue that holds everything together but when things are falling apart she isn't strong enough to hold it together anymore, better yet she is trying to make Ion see how much she truely...

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abel Nightroad, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-09 - Updated: 2007-03-09 - 1618 words

1Hot
Chapter 13: The time that Escaped

It has been a long time since I was crowned Princess of Albion. How do you ask? Well after a year when I left the palace I came back but by myself. I stood there at the gates and smiled up upon them. My eyes glimmered as the sun caught just a bit of the corner of them. That's when I saw Sister Simone. She all of a sudden came out of no where.

"Dear Esther," She replied as she hugged me, "Oh how nice it is to see you again."

"It is wonderful to see you too," I replied after she was done hugging me, "It has been quite some time."

"Oh yes," She replied looking around for something.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Where is he?" She asked looking behind me.

"Who?" I asked hoping she didn't dare say his name.

"Well Father Nightroad," She asked.

"Oh," I said a sigh of relief left my body, "He had some things to do. He will be back shortly."

"Oh Esther you don't know do you?" She asked.

"Know what?" I asked.

"Follow me inside," She replied, "After all this is now where you should reside."

"What?" I asked, "I just came back to visit that's all."

"Oh don't be silly," She replied, "How can a princess such as yourself not have a fun abode such as this."

"Princess?" I asked, "What is the meaning of this?"

I stopped walking and I looked at Sister Simone who had a smile on her face.

"You were lost to us all," She replied, "You are the descent of the Blanchett throne."

"What how did you find that out?" I asked.

"Wait you knew?" Sister Simone asked.

"Well I have been told it before but I never believed it," I replied.

"Well believe it," Sister Simone, "It is going around the whole town and many people know of it already."

"What should I do?" I asked, "I am no princess."

"Well dear Esther," Sister Simone said taking my hand, "Just because does not look like the part right now doesn't mean she can not be it."

"I don't know," I replied turning my back, "I am not strong enough to take on a duty such as that."

"There will be people to help you," Sister Simone said putting her hand on my shoulder, "We need you, all of the people need you ."

"Okay," I replied turning to her and smiling, "I will accept it."

"Well then we must get ready then," She replied.

"Wait," I replied, "How did everyone find this out?"

"I am not quite that sure," She said, "I heard someone announced it as a thought and many people began to wonder. Then everyone started to see why it wasn't true and some even remember the day your father and mother ruled and knew it had to be you that was their child. That is all I know of though. It just so happened you picked the perfect time to come back to."

"I hope so," I mumbled as I looked out the window as the sun still was shining brightly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 years later

Time passes so quickly and sometimes it's hard to grab a hold of. Here I was already in my twenties. It has been almost four years since I have seen him or his face. I faced the fact that he wasn't going to come back a long time ago. I never stopped thinking about him though. He was in my thoughts almost everyday. Sometimes it just seemed like he wasn't ever really there at all. He was just someone that was in my dreams every night. Though sometimes my mind wishes he never really was real at all.

I finished my bathe and got out. I ran the towel through my hair and began to get dressed. I had many fine clothes now. I picked a ruby-red dress on and slid it on. The top was a corset and the back was laced. The dress stopped just above my ankles and the sleeves draped the sides of my shoulders. I looked in the mirror. I let my hair grow and it curled naturally. I looked different from the way I used to. I lightly powered my face and put my hair in a low pony with loose curls hanging down.

"Do you need help with anything?" Sister Simone asked.

"No," I replied turning around to face her, "I told you I am fine and I can do things by myself."

"Well make sure you let me know if you ever change your mind," she replied.

I left her attend to making my bed but that was about all. I was not one to be in favor of having everything surround toward me all the time. It was nice that Abel was still here though. I loved the comfort that he gave me.

"Sister Simone," I replied, "I am going out for a walk."

"Just be careful," she replied, "Did you want me to come?"

"No I will be okay," I replied as I left the room.

I fixed the small crown upon my head in the small mirror before I left. The gold was surround the many gems that were used to decorate it. I took off my crown however, and set it aside on the table.

I wanted to be announced the Queen of Albion but could not until I was to marry. I had no intention of looking forward to that day.

"Esther are you going somewhere?" Abel asked.

"Oh yes," I replied, "I just want to talk a walk but I will be back shortly."

"Do you need me to accompany you?" He asked with a sincere look in his eyes.

"Thank you for offering but I just want to take some time to myself," I replied smiling at him, "Next time though I would love your company."

"Fair enough," He replied, "Just be careful."

"I will," I replied as I put a black cloak and went outside. I put my hood up just to hide some of my face. The sun was just behind the clouds. It looked as almost as if it was going to rain but it did not. I heard my shoes hit the ground with every step that I took and there wasn't many people out today. I ran into some lady and she merely just glanced me off. I went to the church, well what was left of it, where my life all began. It was quite a distance off but I was determined to go there. I looked upon the ashes and things lying around. They didn't even bother to rebuild it. It was nothing but ruins now. To think everything started here. Where a good friend of mine became my enemy in an instant. Where I almost though I was going to died but was saved. I knelt down and touched my hand to the ground. I prayed that one day everything that happened in this one place would be forgiven and that someday people would rebuild a new one...a new hope.

I got up and began to walk back to the palace until someone caught my eye. I saw the back of his cape. He held a dagger in his hand and began walking the opposite direction. I instantly followed behind. I was not sure if he knew because he stopped for a second and then kept walking again. I followed him into a small alley way that I had no clue to where it was going. I kept my pace slow to not be seen. It was then all of a sudden he disappeared when I turned the corner. I stopped and looked around. As I went to turn back to go back the other way I was instantly pressed against the cold wall. Fear began to encompass me as I felt the dagger against my throat.

"Haven't you ever heard it's better to keep your nose in your own business," He said pressing the dagger harder against my skin.

His voice seared through my veins and it sounded so familiar yet I didn't know who it was. His figure towered over me and I was pushed harder against the wall.

"I am...sorry," I replied, "I didn't mean to bother you."

In an instant he let me go and I fell to my knees.

"You should learn to be more careful," he replied, "Just be lucky I didn't kill you this time."

I rose my head to look at him but he was gone. I stood up and ran back to the palace. I opened the door and went inside. I took off my cloak and looked at my neck. Just above the scar there was a red mark but the skin was barely cut open.

"What happened?" Abel asked coming over to me.

"Nothing," I replied, "It is nothing."

"Esther!" Abel replied, "It is something."

"It was just from my cloak rubbing that's all," I replied, "Do not worry."

He eyed me carefully.

"Well supper is ready," he said, "Clean yourself up and come down."

"Okay," I replied going to my room. I sat down on my bed contemplating that person that I was following. I wasn't even sure what drove me to follow him in the first place. I didn't even think I just did it. That dagger that he had looked so familiar though. Well I guess it doesn't matter anyway we probably won't meet again. Well we better not meet again he might not spare me next time. For some reason though my body was telling me to take that chance though.
Sign up to rate and review this story