Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > She's Changing Me

Heroes Are Hard To Find

by yesterdayedge 1 review

The rating is PG for this first chapter, but the rating will probably have to go up with the next chapters. THIS IS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT FANFICTION. Please, don't be too harsh! Also, the title of my...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Haruka (Uranus), Michiru (Neptune) - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-08 - Updated: 2007-03-09 - 1405 words

1Funny
She's Changing Me
"Heroes Are Hard To Find"


Haruka Tenoh, beyond frustrated, pulled at the short, blonde bangs framing her face. "What ever convinced me to cut my hair this short..." She mumbled, talking to no one. It was the first day of her first year of high school, and despite the outward façade...Haruka was terrified. "Agh!" The statuesque beauty yelled out. Despite some rather obvious female characteristics, Haruka liked to carry herself with a confidence that rivaled any man's. She was tough, and also extremely protective. And more than a few people were scared of her, which is why no one ever dared to make her angry. Besides, they all had witnessed what happened between Haruka and a boy named Lars, a new student, when he started to tease Haruka because of her sexual orientation. "So what if I'm a lesbian?" She shouted. "It makes no difference at all! Except that, oh, you're jealous because that means you'll never get a chance with me." After a week in the hospital suffering from a few broken bones, Lars never returned to that Junior High School. And Haruka couldn't have been bothered. She had dealt with her fair share of discrimination, but over time, and a lot of failed relationships... Haruka learned that it was better to ignore the hateful words people would spew in her and her girlfriend's direction. It wasn't going to matter in the end. Yet, despite how furiously and passionately Haruka believed in equality, she just couldn't seem to find a girlfriend that felt the same way. But something about today she felt was going to be different. A chill ran all the way down her spine, as it often did when something exciting was about to head her way.

Meanwhile, all the way across town, another 16 year old girl sat in front of a large vanity mirror applying a second coat of light peach lipgloss. Her frame is so tiny she almost looks like she will disappear into the air; her skin looks as if it's been crafted from the finest porcelain, and her hair cascades down her back in sea foam green ringlets. She gives the impression of being just like a living doll. And to say that she was popular would be nothing but an understatement. But that's exactly what always worried Michiru Kaioh. Especially when she had to move to a new town, which was frequent, all because of her gift...her talent. For as long as she could remember, Michiru had been known for her skills with the violin. Every day Michiru would receive countless fan letters from a various range of people. From old women saying how her music was keeping them alive to young men with marriage proposals. But Michiru wouldn't be interested in those gentlemen callers, even if they weren't strangers and she did know them. Another thing that Michiru has known for many years is that she definitely wasn't straight. Although... She hasn't actually put her theory to the test yet. Michiru Kaioh is the kind of girl who,if she was going to do anything at all, she was going to make sure she did it right. And something was telling her that today was going to be a day that would change the rest of her life. "But I've been wrong before..." She muttered, cynically, talking to an audience of stuffed bears.

Haruka parked her shiny new black sports car in a parking spot near the back of the nearly empty parking lot of SunnySide High School. New hair, new car, and.... "New jacket!" she exclaimed out loud to no one but herself and a couple of birds that were fighting over a piece of someone's long forgotten breakfast sandwich . Haruka picked up the soft navy blue jacket from the passenger side of the car and fingered the embroidery gingerly. It spelled out in white cursive lettering "Haruka Tenoh" on the right arm. It was an expensive jacket that she had had her eye on for months, and had worked really hard to own. "Success sure is sweet..." she mumbled, as she tossed the jacket over her shoulders and headed for the doors of the school.

Michiru sighed. Today was either going to be excellent or suck so bad you could taste it. "I just hope..." She trailed off in a mumble. Michiru shook her head as if hoping that would erase the dark thoughts that had been surrounding her for the last few weeks, took one last glimpse at her near perfect reflection in the mirror and then grabbed the silver backpack laying near the floor. Since SunnySide was close to her new house, her parents had told her just to walk. As soon as the cool autumn breeze hit her face, Michiru felt a rush of relief surge through her. Maybe this won't be so bad after all, she thought, as a smile danced across her lips. She was getting worked up for no reason at all.

"Hey, watch it!" Haruka demanded as she plowed through a group of her fellow freshmen. A few of the girls swooned in her direction and Haruka just smiled and winked as she kept on walking. I hope they do realize I'm of the same sex...She thought, with a slight chuckle. She knew, deep down that they definitely didn't this year, and that made it even better. Haruka was going to get to mess with a few heads this year. "DYKE!" In more than one way. Haruka accidentally elbowed the jerk who called her that name, proving that she was more than a forced to be reckoned with. "You wanna try that again, honey?" Haruka whispered to the boy who was now cowering. "I thought so." She said defiantly as she marched, head held high, through the rest of the hallway to her first class of the day.

Michiru ran through the front doors of the school just as the bell was ringing. "NO!" She yelled as she ran around aimlessly. She had received her schedule in the mail, and she was supposed to go to her homeroom class first... Room 356. "UGH!" Michiru yelled, almost in tears. "This isn't supposed to happen... Just breathe..." Eventually, after what was only brief minutes but seemed like hours to Michiru, she found her classroom. "You're late." The professor snarled before even taking so much as a glance at the shaken teenager. "I'm terribly sorry. It won't happen again, I promise." The professor turned around. "OH! Michiru Kaioh! I love your music. My wife does too. Please, please sit down. And welcome to SunnySide. We're all honoured to have such a gifted presence here." Michiru blushed deeply and slipped into the only empty seat-front row center. Her fellow female students were already giggling and gossiping, while she could see some of the boys out of the corner of her eye practically drooling. Perfect, she thought, this is just perfect.

The bell rang for lunch at 12:00. "Thank god!" Michiru yelled out as she headed as fast as she could to the cafeteria. If one more teacher stops in the middle of a lecture to tell me how much they love my music, I'm going to lose it, she thought. Michiru was thinking more than she was concentrating on where she was going, and in that moment of mental blindness she ran right into a fellow student. "What the hell is the matter with you people today?" The voice questioned, in a rather gruff tone that could have been either feminine or masculine. "I'm sorry..." Michiru trailed off as she looked up to see someone taller than she, but absolutely stunning. It was Haruka. And Haruka's jaw hit the floor as she made eye contact with this ethereal beauty. Was she for real? No way could someone be so perfect, so innocent, so... "Anyway, I'm sorry." Michiru apologized again, interrupting Haruka's thoughts. "I'm new here, and... Well, there is no excuses. I'm really sorry. I hope you're okay." Haruka laughed. "You couldn't harm me by just running into me! Are you okay though?" She asked, her voice turning more serious as she noticed Michiru rubbing her right arm. "Oh, me? Oh, I'm fine." Michiru said, nervously. "I... I better get going. Maybe I'll see you later." And before Haruka even had a chance to respond, the stunning girl had disappeared from sight, just like a mirage.
Sign up to rate and review this story