Categories > Books > Les Miserables > Is This My Punishment?

Is This My Punishment?

by Phantom_Reader 1 review

Eponine looks back to her childhood and wonders if it was her crulity as a child that sentenced her to a life of misery. One-shot. Please R&R

Category: Les Miserables - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-03-09 - Updated: 2007-03-10 - 280 words - Complete

0Unrated
Eponine ran down another alleyway, consumed in her thoughts about that girl that Marius ran into. "That girl, that girl. Where have I seen her before?" She stopped short when she thought an impossible thought. "Was it her? No, it can't be! It can't be Cosette, that girl that worked for my family when I was little, can it?" Eponine sat down hard and looked back at her childhood.

Flashback
"There is a castle on a cloud. I like to go there in my sleep..."

"Mama! Cosette's not doing her chores again!" Little Cosette looked up and saw Eponine standing in the doorway in her new little blue gown with her little blue hat holding her doll and smirking.

"Shhh... Please stop telling those lies! I was too doing my work!"

Young Eponine took a step forward. "No you're not! You're singing in your awful little voice again and that's not working!"

"I was working while I was singing! I can do two things at once, you know!" Eponine stood there flustered at not knowing what to say as Cosette stood up.

"Ha, ha, ha! You can't think of a comeback!" Cosette grinned.

Eponine then smiled and took a deep breath. "Mama! Cosette's not doing her work!"

Cosette immediately kneeled down. "You tricked me!" She hissed.

"It's not my fault you can't work while you argue." Eponine smirked as Mme. Thenardier came bounding through the door.
End Flashback

"Is this my punishment?" Eponine asked herself as she got back up. "Am I now supposed to lead a life of misery while my rival gets Marius' affections?" Eponine sighed as she started to walk down the street to find the address.
Sign up to rate and review this story