Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Dead On Arrival

you said you'd keep me honest

by watch_the_sky 4 reviews

secrets are better when shared ..

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-13 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 647 words - Complete

2Exciting
Topping off the dog's bowl with the leftovers scattered across the counter, she bought any time she could, filling and refilling its water dish more than once before Grams entered the kitchen. Spotting Patrick, absently seated alone on a swing in the yard, she pushed her disheveled granddaughter back out the door, warning with frustration and persistency "Do not let that poor boy sit out there!"

Concentrating on the zipper of her jacket she fumbled with the apparatus, making her way down the steps of the back porch as the cold November air filled her lungs once again, her mind racing and her stomach performing an acrobatic masterpiece. Nodding her head toward the distant end of her grandmother's backyard, she knew he understood and taking a silent, awkward walk together, he knew exactly where they were going. Sliding next to her on the bench down near the lake, they had yet to exchange conversation, the awkward silence lingering before fading into a quiet comfortable environment.

"Remember when the dog pulled you into the water on Easter and you were grounded for two weeks because you got your dress dirty?" Patrick laughed, recalling a historic event of their childhood holidays.

Allowing a smile to play on her lips, Ana recalled the significant event of her 13th Easter morning, "My mother paid $200 dollars for that dress and all I wanted to do was go out in it and play basketball with Eric and you swore to her that we could handle walking the dog without a disaster ..."

Patrick allowed laughter to fill the air again, "Your mother always hated me" He remembered almost too fondly for such a situation.

"She didn't hate you" Ana assured him with a lazy smile, "She just didn't understand that I loved to hate you, she was confused by you."

Fading quickly, the lazy smile turned to an apprehensive frown; her mother would always be a touchy subject, no matter how hard she tried to fool herself. It had been 8 years since her passing and with each day the memories grew fuzzier and became harder to recall.

"She would be so happy to see what you've become Ana, you'd make her so proud" Patrick assured, offering a warm smile and his comforting touch as he placed his hand on her knee, his eyes nervously dashing away to the water in the distance, afraid of her reaction to his physical advance.

Playing once again across her lips, the smile returned as she placed her hand on top of his, her eyes also adverting off into the distance. With a sigh she laced her fingers with his; searching for the comfort she knew he could offer. Snatching his hand away, he nearly jumped away from her to the end of the bench, shock or perhaps confusion molding his facial features.

"You're married?" Shock and an apparent sarcastic laughter thick in his tone, echoing through her ears. Nervously Ana spun the diamond into the palm of her hand and enclosed it in a tight fist as she searched for a sane explanation to "not yet" or "not exactly".

"I suppose that I've moved on wasn't really the lie I expected it to be?" He huffed, the sarcasm and now anger still apparent in his voice, "and to think, for once, I threw caution to the wind for you."

Drifting off to the distance once again, his eyes were full of confusion and pain and thumbing through her mind for any way to make it better, she inhaled sharply, a sick feeling churning in her stomach.

"It isn't what you think" She attempted to explain, causing an expected laughter to echo through the misty air; what else could it possibly be? "It's a long complicated story th-"

"I've waited four years ..." Patrick didn't allow her to continue her excuse, "I think I could give you five more minutes."
Sign up to rate and review this story