Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Son of a Death Eater

The Nerve

by piperredfern 0 reviews

This is a journal that Draco keeps during his years at Hogwarts. This was inspired by Lamentations of a Starry Eyed Twit by She's a Star (at fanfiction.net), although it does not coincide with her ...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Draco - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-03-14 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 632 words

0Unrated
Malfoy Manor
September 1, 8 am


I'm leaving to go to Hogwarts today. I wish I didn't have to go. I'd much rather go to Durmstrang, but Mother won't hear of it. She gave me this journal, hoping it would cheer me up. Do I look like someone who wants to waste their time writing in a journal? What kind of moron would do that?

Don't answer that.

I loathe being sent to Hogwarts. Not only is that moron Dumbledore the Headmaster, but Crabbe and Goyle actually somehow made it into Hogwarts. How, I have no clue. I doubt they even know how to read. At least they have size. I can command them around and have them beat up whomever I choose. I overheard my father saying that the youngest boy in the Weasley family was also accepted. Honestly, they're a disgrace to purebloods. I am fortunate enough to have never had to meet them. Shouldn't be too hard to spot them; a grouping of too many kids wearing second-hand clothes. Honestly, that family is no better than Mudbloods.

I hope I don't end up in his house. He'd most likely end up in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. From what I've heard from Father, I doubt he'd be put in Ravenclaw. Not smart enough, I'm sure. I wouldn't mind being put in Ravenclaw, but of course, my father expects I'll be put in Slytherin. Unless I want to be banished from the family fortune, I suppose I should wish to be placed there.

Damn it. The bloody house-elf Dobby has packed the wrong things. I must inform Father so he can properly punish him. I swear, I wouldn't mind giving him some clothes, just to be rid of the twit.

The house elf, not my father.


Hogwarts Express
11:10 am


I've heard a rumor that someone famous is attending school this year... Harry Potter! On one hand, I should hate him. My Father had much more status and strength when Lord Vo... when You-Know-Who was in power. But yet, I also awe him. A one-year-old boy, defeating the Dark Lord? What power he must have! I think I'll try to befriend him. Father would love it if I did that. With any luck, he'll be put into Slytherin. I must try and find him, before he makes any friends...

11:15 am
That insolent little no-good Muggle loving son of a Mudblood! Did you know that it's the same boy I met when being fitted for my robes?

Of course you didn't. I didn't have you then, nor have I told you about that encounter.

Would you believe that the worthless piece of trash not only declined my generous offer of friendship, but also insulted me in the process? The nerve of him; he's already made friends with that no good Weasley. Both of them attempted to challenge us; as if they'd win. It was unfortunate that there was this huge rat they have that is trained to, upon command, attack innocent bystanders. I'll be writing to Father about this!

11:18 am
On second thought, I won't. I'll be given a good long lecture (and then some) of how I'm a disgrace to the Malfoy name. As if I don't hear that often enough at home.

11:19 am
Not that I care, mind you. I am proud to carry the Malfoy name.

11:45 am
Though it'd still be nice to not always have to earn my keep. After all, I'm only a child still. I should not be held accountable for all the responsibilities my father tries to push on me. That's what the house elves are for.

11:47 am
Not that I'm a wimp or anything. Just why should I do things when I can summon a house elf to do it for me?

11:50
I'm defending myself against my journal.
Sign up to rate and review this story