Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Sweet Escape

Chapter 3

by fancy_kidx 5 reviews

ooooh. Little Petey makes an appearance.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] [Y] - Published: 2007-03-14 - Updated: 2007-03-14 - 1361 words

1Original
Pete's POV-

I was on my laptop, lurking the Fall Out Boy Rock message board, half listening to the conversation going on around me.

"Man, where's Patrick's cousin? We gotta get going." Andy said, already in a heated game of Guitar Hero with Joe.

"She's coming," Patrick said, coming out of the bunk area with his phone, looking slightly annoyed. "Dirty's bringing food, by the way."

"Food?" Joe asked, perking up instantly. "What kind of food?"

"Let's just say that I'm pretty sure you'll find something you like." Patrick said, plopping down in the space next to me on the couch. He turned around to face the window and stared outside.

There was a few minutes of silence in which I was updating my blog, Joe and Andy were now getting really into the game, and Patrick was still staring out the window. Suddenly Patrick got up quickly from the couch and pulled his hat a little lower over his eyes. "They're here!"

Andy and Joe paused the game and raced to the window while I kept typing; I was almost done with my entry.

There was a second of silence, and then they started talking.

"Damn. Why didn't you warn us?" Andy said, letting out a low whistle.

"That's your cousin?" Joe asked, sounding shocked.

"Yeah," Patrick said in awe.

I quickly pressed submit on my laptop, glanced out the window, and looked back at my laptop. Wait a second. I did a double take, and could feel my jaw drop at the girl walking toward our bus.

She was... wow. She was slightly short, with dark brown hair and bangs hanging down in front of her face, a white headband pushing back the rest of her hair. She had on paint-stained jeans and a black Billabong hoodie with a white shirt on underneath that was decorated with black music notes. On her feet were black Converses, signed in various colors by different people. She was carrying 3 bags, a rolling suitcase, and a guitar case strapped to her back.

"I know she's my cousin and all, but..." Patrick said, staring at her as she made her way closer to our bus, which was parked at the back of the parking lot, Dirty making small talk with her. "Damn."

Andy laughed and pushed him. "That's sick, man! But I do have to agree, your cousin's hot."

"I agree." Joe said, nodding eagerly.

"What about you, Pete?" Patrick asked, turning to me.

"Wow," I said softly. She's... wow. "She's only 16?"

"Yup."

"Dammit," Joe said in mock disappointment. "She's not legal yet."

"Gross," Patrick said, making a face. "Please don't ever say that about my cousin again with me in the vicinity. I don't want to know about that."

"But you even agreed that she was hot!"

"But she's my cousin! That's fucking gross!"

"Hello?" We all turned toward the front of the bus, where Patrick's cousin was standing, smiling at us a little timidly.

We stared at her for a second, and Patrick cleared his throat and smiled at her. "Hey, Jay." He walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"Hey, Trick. Nice to meet you. What about me's gross?" She said, smiling sweetly as he pulled away.

"Oh," Patrick said, his cheeks turning a little pink. "You heard that?"

"Mmhmm." She nodded.

"Well... it's a funny story actually..."

"Do I want to know?" She cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow.

Patrick blushed harder. "I don't think so."

Jessica laughed and hugged him again. "Aww, this is gonna be so much fun, Pee!"

The sound of choking met my ears as I turned to the side and saw Andy coughing and trying to stop from laughing out loud. Patrick gave him a dirty look. "Oh, sorry man. I just... y'know... swallowed my spit wrong."

Jessica laughed. "Sorry, 'Trick. I guess I'm gonna have to stop calling Pee from now on. We don't want Andy to die, now do we?" She winked at Andy and he raised an eyebrow and blushed slightly. She laughed again and made her way over to where Andy, Joe, and me were standing. She stood there, her arms crossed, her mouth scewered to the side, and inspected us. It made me a bit nervous, to be honest.

Joe cleared his throat, breaking the awkward silence, and held out his hand. "Hey, I'm Joe."

Jessica just stared at his hand for a moment before breaking into a wide grin and hugging him. The look on Joe's face was priceless. "Sorry," She said. "I don't do hugs. My name's Jessica, and it's awesome to meet you."

"Awesome?" Joe asked, raising an eyebrow as she pulled away.

"I'm guessing Patrick didn't tell you guys about my little infatuation with your band, huh?" Jessica said, letting out a small laugh and blushing a little.

Andy laughed. "Nope. Well then, I guess there's no point in introducing myself, if you know who I am."

"Of course, hey Pete!" Jessica said, pulling him into a hug. Andy raised an eyebrow and frowned. She rolled her eyes. "I'm just kidding, Andy. It's really nice to meet you. Would it be weird of me to say that the boardies on the Fall Out Boy Rock message board really wanna bang you as much as you love banging your drums?"

We all laughed at that as Andy blushed. "Well... thanks for that," He said, looking down at his shoes to hide his embarrassment.

"So wait, you're a boardie?" Patrick asked.

She nodded. "I'm fancykidx."

Wait, what? "You're fancykidx?" I blurted out, my eyes widening.

I blushed slightly as her hazel eyes stared into mine. She has really nice eyes. "Yeah. Why? Have you read any of my threads?"

"Uhm..." I said, looking away from her eyes quickly. "A few." A few? Yeah, right. You basically stalk the chick. I can't believe my favorite boardie just so happens to be Patrick's cousin. Who is now spending the rest of the summer with us on a bus.

"That's so cool!" She said, smiling wide. Nice smile, too. Suddenly, she came over and hugged me. My eyes widened, and I couldn't breathe.

What the hell? This chick that I barely know, who is only 16, just made my breath catch and my heart beat faster. Over her shoulder, I could see Andy and Joe doing ass-smacking motions and pointing at her, but I couldn't think about that. I couldn't think about anything except she was touching me.

Oh, shit.

I abruptly pulled away, my eyes widening as I realized that some freaky stuff were going on 'down there,' if you know what I mean. I mumbled out a lame "I'll be right back" and sprinted to the bathroom. Darting inside, I locked the door and looked down. My "little" problem was starting to become a big problem. There's no way in hell I'm going out like this. Sighing, I undid my belt buckle.

------------------------------

JESSICA'S POV:

I looked at Pete's retreating back with a mixture of confusion and hurt probably written all over my face. What the hell...? What did I do wrong? Great job, Jess. You managed to scare off a guy in less than 5 minutes. New record for you.

"Uhm..." Patrick said, turning a little pink. "Sorry about that, Jay. Pete's just... he's kinda... well-"

I forced a smile onto my face. "It's alright, I understand." Even though I didn't. I mean, how the fuck did I mess this up? I thought I was doing a good job at making a first impression for them. It's not like I have a crush on Pete or anything, it's just that the guy is basically my hero. And I just scared him away... with a hug. Maybe I was being too forward? Ugh, this is confusing. I'll ramble think later.

"So..." Andy said, glancing at my luggage. "Need help carrying this shit?"

"Not at the moment, no." I say, smiling over at him. "Think you guys could just give me a tour of the bus?"

-----------------------------

thanks for the reviews, guys! yes, it makes me smile ;] I'll try and get the next chapter up soon. byeeee =D
Sign up to rate and review this story