Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

The Dinner and the Day

by Dancemandydance 10 reviews

Pete and Kat announce their wedding and...get married.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-03-16 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 1083 words

0Ambiance
-Kat's POV-

I sit in bed, shifting my eyes back and forth from Pete's peaceful, sleeping face and the gigantic diamond on my finger. I still can't believe that just happened.

"Good morning," said a groggy Pete.

"You mean afternoon? It's 3 p.m." I smile down at him and brush his bangs out of his eyes.

"Right, whatcha doin?" he asks cutely.

"Just looking at you...and my ring."

"So you like it?"

"Are you kidding? It's beautiful, Pete. ALMOST as pretty as you," I giggle as I lean down and kiss him.

"So, when do you want to do it?"

"Pete, we did it all night..." I say after I part from his lips once more.

"No no," he giggles, "I mean get married."

'Oh. God, I don't know. When do you want to?"

"Well...I want you to have everything you want," he says, looking up in my eyes and lacing his fingers with mine. "Get the dress you want, the cake you want, the venue, everything...when you have everything we'll get married. I don't want you to settle on anything."

"What about you? What do you want? Don't you want any say?"

"I just want you to be happy and to be my wife, but sure...if you want me to be involved I will be. However much you want me to be...I'll be there."

"I want you there the whole time." I kiss him again and he pulls me down to lay next to him. "Pete, we should really get up."

"No, I think we should stay in bed all day."

"Don't you want to tell everyone we're engaged?" I ask, laying my hand on his chest and curling up against him.

"Yeah...I suppose you're right. I'm excited to brag about marrying you," he says in a childish tone. We cuddle for a bit and then get up and shower and get dressed. While I'm getting ready, Pete calls everyone and tells them we want to go out to dinner and make an announcement. We meet everyone at our favorite restaurant around 7 and everyone is asking us throughout dinner what we're going to say. I hear everything from me being pregnant to us moving to us getting married and I'm pretty convincing, not giving anything away. I took my ring off before we arrived because Pete wanted to surprise everyone.

"Ok so seriously," giggles Brendon, "we wanna know what's happening."

"Yeah," yells Keith, "I wanna know! We gotta be in the loop."

"Okay, okay," Pete sighs, getting up off his chair and pulling me up with him. "Whip it out, Kat," he winks.

"WHAT?" giggles J-Walk.

"Oh my God, Kat, are you a dude?" gasps Brendon.

"Ha Ha...very funny," I say, taking the ring out of my pocket and placing it on my finger behind my back. I look at everyone and then I look at Pete. He nods and I put my hand out in front of me.

"We're getting married!" announces Pete, putting his arm around me. Everyone claps and yells different forms of congratulations.

"I knew it! I told you, Patrick! I knew it," yells Joe. "That's 50 bucks, bitch!"

"You bet on our announcement?" Pete gasps. Patrick and Joe both shrug as Patrick hands money over to Joe.

"When are you guys gonna do the deed?" asks Brendon.

"When we're good and ready," I reply, giving him a little slap on the shoulder.

Shortly after our announcement, we head over to Pete's and all pile into the theatre room to watch movies. It's like a flashback, cuddling up with Pete like we did the first night we hung out.

____________________________________________________________________
Six Months Later: The Wedding Day

-Pete's POV-

"Are you ready?" Patrick asks from the door frame. I'm fiddling with my tux, staring at myself in the mirror. I can't believe the day is finally here - I'm getting married to the girl of my dreams.

"Yeah...is Katrina ready?"

"Yeah. I just saw her. She looks...amazing, Pete. You're going to cry."

"No I'm not," I say unsurely. I am pretty sure I'm going to fucking cry...

"Pete, you look great, son," my dad says, walking in past Patrick. "I can't believe you're finally getting hitched. Your mom and I never thought it would happen, but we're glad you waited for Katrina."

"Thanks, dad," I say, hugging him. "Are they ready for us?" He nods. I walk out with him, Patrick, Joe, Andy, and Dirty. Patrick, of course, is my best man and the other guys are my groomsmen. I walk up to the front of the church, completely confident. I don't know why, but I'm not nervous at all. Soon, an instrumental of "The Second Star to the Right" starts to play and the doors open and then I see her. Patrick was right, I started to tear up. She looks so beautiful. A cream colored, sleeveless gown drapes off her body beautifully. Her hair is up in loose curls and her veil is Spanish lace. It seems like forever until she gets up to me and takes my hand.

"Hi," she whispers. I wipe my eyes and smile at her, noticing she has tears in her eyes, too.

"Hi, gorgeous." We turn to face the preacher and he begins to speak. The whole thing goes by in a flash and before I know it he says "you may kiss the bride." I smile down at Katrina and put my hand on her neck, drawing her in for a sweet, church appropriate kiss. Everyone erupts in applause and we run down the isle to the song from the end of Star Wars when they get the awards...you know the one.

We run to one of the back rooms and close the door. "I can't believe we did it," she giggles, pushing her body against mine and hugging me tight, looking up at me.

"Mrs. Wentz..." I smile down at her. "I love you."

"I love you, Mr. Wentz," I giggle as I get up on my toes and kiss him. "You look amazing, by the way. Seriously...I've never seen you look so gorgeous. I almost fainted."

"How strange! That was my exact reaction when I saw you."

"Guys, are you ready to go to the reception?" calls Patrick. We giggle and kiss each other.

"Yeah, we're ready. Ready to start the rest of our lives, Katrina?" She nods and grabs my hand and we walk out the door.


The End
Sign up to rate and review this story