Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby Seasons Change But People Dont [[Dont Pretend You Ever Forgot About Me]]

There's So Much Sun Where I'm From; Had To Give It Away; Had To Give You Away

by xxlaurenxx 8 reviews

When Pete returns to Chicago after touring, he'll realize what he really left behind

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2007-03-17 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 1124 words

1Funny
From what I hear, Pete had been found, passed out in his truck in a parking lot just outside of Chicago. The cause: a drug overdose. After being found he was immediately taken into the emergency room and got his stomach pumped. The guys then went in and visited him while he was in recovery, and attempted to talk some sense into him. It must not have helped though, for he flew back to California, just as he said he would, right after being released. But I was somewhat disappointed when the rest of my boys decided to take off after him, leaving me here alone.

Aside from that, my mother died not but a few weeks after Pete and the boys took off, leaving me even more alone then I originally thought. It was hard, but I managed through it, just as I had managed through my dad's death. The time alone gave me a chance to think, mostly about my future. I decided to take Pete's words to heart and start writing again. I flipped opened the pages of my journal, and at times wrote lyrics for hours. In fact, I even sent a few songs into some record labels. I made pretty good money doing it too; enough to move out of that shit hole and into a nicer apartment in center Chicago, which I shared with Kay and Gage.

But six months have past. Now Christmas was coming up, in fact only a week away; Kay and Gage were both on different sides of the country visiting their families for the holidays and new years. I didn't mind spending the season alone, though, I was very much used to it. So as the snow drifted down softly from the sky on my magical city, I snuggled up on the couch with my pen and notebook and wrote down every emotion and every feeling I could and just let my imagination run wild.

But then suddenly, my ears were disrupted by the all too familiar sound of the ringing telephone. I let out a stream of air and stood up, my bare legs immediately formed goose bumps, and hurried into the kitchen, leaving my things in the living room. I grasped the phone in my hands and clicked the talk button. "Hello?"

"Happy Christmas Courtie Pie", I heard a jolly, happy, wonderfully familiar voice say. A smile immediately formed from my lips as I walked over to the counter and sat down.

"Patrick!" I exclaimed. "It's been forever." I took a pause. "You know, you have a thing for ditching me without notice for hardheaded bassists..."

"I know..." he began softly, as if ashamed. "I really wanted to tell you, but we just didn't have time. We needed to make it back to California and make sure that Pete got checked into rehab."

"Doesn't mean you couldn't have called..."

"Can I make it up to you?" he asked.

"And how in the world are you going to manage to do that Mr. Stump?" I smiled to myself as I stood up and walked to the window, watching the millions of tiny snowflakes hit the pane silently. "You're all the way in California."
"Come outside"

"Patrick did you get me something?" I smiled excitedly. He refused to answer. I anxiously walked over to the window and looked straight down to the sidewalk. Nothing was there, it must have been inside the lobby. I stood up and began to make my way towards the door when I looked down at my feet and noticed the fuzzy Elmo slippers, plaid pajama bottoms and white tank top. "Uh...I'm not really dressed, Pat."

"Ugh..." he said somewhat nervously. "In what way do you mean not really dressed?"

I giggled slightly, "As in I'm wearing my pj's."

"Well it wont matter, just come down, grab it, and come up", he said.

I let out a groan and then quickly ran into my bedroom. I slid off my pants and then took the jeans that lay on my floor, sliding them on quickly and then approaching the front door, "Okay...I'm going down there right now to see." I smiled as I closed and locked the door, then made my way towards the elevators.

"Alright, well I want you to find it and then call me back, okay?"

A toothy grin popped out from between my lips as the elevator doors opened and I stepped inside, "Alright, Pat", I said giggly. "I'll call you in a little bit."

"Okay, bye..." he said.

I closed my phone and slid it into the side pocket of my jeans and waited for the elevator to reach the main floor. A few moments later the doors opened and I stepped my fuzzy little monster slippers out onto the freshly waxed marble floors. As you could probably have guessed, this complex wasn't really a place where me, Gage or Kay belonged. In fact it seemed as though I was the type of person this place tried to keep out. It was actually kind of amusing in a way. But nevertheless I had money, and money mattered more to the owners then what I looked like, so I stayed.

I looked around the room for something, anything. In fact I really wasn't sure what I was looking for. I walked up to the front desk and asked the man if there had been a package left there for me. he shook his head no as I let out a huff.

I walked over to the front window and, again, watching the snow glide through the air, landing on the sidewalks and filling the foot prints with a white dust. I took out my phone and looked through the numbers in my address book until I found one named "PattyCakes" and pressed the dial button.

Moments later Pat picked up his phone, "Did you find it?"


"No..." I began, "I even asked the guy at the front desk. He said nothing was left here for me. Are you sure it got here on time?"

"I'm positive that it did", he said unsurely. "Turn around."

"What?" I asked quickly.

"Turn around."

I turned my body around hesitantly. The moment my eyes met his it seemed my face exploded in a mixed expression of happiness and surprise. "Patrick!" I squealed as I closed my phone, rushed over to him and into his arms. He pulled me in tightly to him as I nestled my head into his neck, breathing heavily on it. "I've missed you so much", I said softly into his ear.

"Likewise, kid"


comments have been scarce
this is my last attempt to get you guys to review
last chapter until i get 6+ comments
Sign up to rate and review this story