Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Wave Goodbye

by Cerediwen 3 reviews

A fic for Silvana when she gets back from Germany. Gerard and Donna missing Mikey. [oneshot]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Fantasy - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-03-18 - Updated: 2007-03-18 - 419 words - Complete

2Moving
A/N: Okay so the end of this fic will make no sense to you unless you've read the notorious interview about M&Ms and road kill squirrel. laughs Hell I love that interview. Yeah anyway, very short and simple but hopefully an idea about Gee and Mikey.
Disclaimer: Did I ever own? But the events are partly me and my mates.
Dedicated to: Silvana, for being my wonderful little Mikes.

Wave Goodbye

It was a horrible day, really horrible. Half snow half hail rained down past the windows of the small house in Newark, New Jersey and outside the sky was dirty grey. A lonely pedestrian with a half dead mongrel trudged down the street across the road, the only signs of life. The seventeen year old at the living room window's breath mists up the glass as he stares miserably out into the street. Five minutes ago, after battling with the wind and the elements his fourteen year old brother and his dad had set off for the airport - in half an hour he would board the plane for far away.
His mother stands at the kitchen door watching her eldest son sadly as he presses his left hand up against the frozen glass. It takes her a while; it seems to find the words to break the silence with.
"Gerard," She murmurs "Come away from the window, it's cold out there."
"I know," He answers despondently "It is."
Donna sighs and walks towards him, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Come on Gerard," She almost pleads "Come away from the window, your dad's not here you can put Morrissey on if you want."
Gerard shakes his head moving his hand from the glass and watching the outline that has formed. "I'm alright mom," He mutters.
Donna bits her lip and sits down on one of the chairs dotted about "Your grandma's coming for Mother's day in half an hour." She tells him matter of factly. He just nods and silence descends again.
"I'm sorry Mom," He says quietly an eternity later "I'm spoiling your day." He isn't being sarcastic, only simply apologetic.
She closes her eyes "You'll miss your brother, we all will." She sighs "I guess I could have expected it."
Gerard nods and leans his forehead back against the glass "You reckon he'll be okay?" He asks for what seems like the millionth time.
Donna smiles sadly at her son "He'll be fine, as long as they don't put him anywhere near a toaster..."

~~~~~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story