Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Foolish Emotions

Two

by Rini 0 reviews

What if Harry IS the Heir of Slytherin? Slytherin!Harry, Dark!Harry.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Draco, Harry - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-03-21 - Updated: 2007-03-22 - 5088 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: JK Rowling and all her publishers own Harry Potter. All of this is written for entertainment purposes only.

"When can we go?" asked Draco, peering around a corner.

"After that filth Filch leaves," Harry replied, glancing at the map he was holding in his hands.

He watched the name Argus Filch walk away from them, and saw a wandering Mrs. Norris was still several corridors away. Harry saw Filch turn, effectively disappearing from their line of sight. He checked for anyone else near them and nodded the all clear.

The two boys had attended their first day of classes that day and after an hour of discussing their plan, went out. Harry was proud that he'd nicked a certain map last year from those annoying Gryffindor Weasley twins. Smirking, he looked at Draco.

"Mischief managed! Let's go," Harry said, pocketing the map as the two second years went down the hall and opened the girl's bathroom, ignoring the sign that it was out of order. He looked behind him and saw Draco looking around suspiciously, closing the door behind him.

"Don't act like that, Draco. People will think you're up to something."

Harry looked for the snake on one of the faucets and smirked, spotting the reptile. He had to hurry, the two of them didn't want to be disturbed by the Mudblood's ghost just now.

"Open," Harry said, but the sink didn't respond.

Harry frowned, peering closer to the snake engraved in the metal, and tried again. "Open."

Draco let out a gasp as the sink started sinking into the ground. Harry raised an eyebrow at him, wondering what was the matter.

"You-you just hissed at it!"

"Hissed? I said open, Draco. Your hearing must be going," he said, preparing to jump in.

"No-wait, I know what this is, you're a parselmouth!" Draco exclaimed, pointing at his friend.

"A what, Malfoy?" Harry asked, pausing his jump, turning to him.

"You can talk to snakes!" Draco said, the look in his eyes turning to awe.

Unnerved, Harry raised an eyebrow as he moved away from him.

"Malfoy, stop that," he snapped, "You know I hate those looks."

Draco shook himself, scratching his cheek nervously, "Sorry. It's just, the ability to speak parseltongue is incredibly rare. One of the most famous parselmouths was Salazar himself. That's why our house symbol's a snake. You didn't know?"

"No..." Harry muttered, 'This really must make me the Heir of Slytherin, just like Tom said...' It made him feel stronger about going through with the Basilisk plan.

"Should we go in now?" asked Draco, nervousness creeping into his voice when he peered into the pipe below.

"Yeah. Just be careful not to look into the Basilisk eyes," Harry said, jumping into the pipe.

He rode down the pipe for what seemed like minutes and was finally deposited at the bottom of the slide. He blinked, wondering just now how he would be able to get out. Five seconds later, Draco arrived next to Harry, his face scrunched up.

"My clothes are ruined," Draco said, frowning at the dirt and grime on his clothes.

"They are not," Harry said, rolling his eyes, "A few simple cleaning spells will do. Now be quiet. Tom said that I have to engage the snake before you can come near it. Now that I think about it, I guess it's handy being able to talk to snakes. Don't want to get eaten..."

Draco swallowed noisily as Harry moved forward, down a tunnel with a giant snake skin on the floor. Draco swallowed again. Harry moved past and inspected a door with snakes. He looked for a doorknob and frowned.

"How can we open this..." Harry muttered to himself, "Ah right. Maybe this..."

Harry studied the snakes and uttered the word 'open,' and the door begin to open outward. Satisfied, he glanced at Draco with a look that told him to stay put. Harry moved forward, leaving his friend behind. He looked around in the giant chasm that was the Chambers of Secrets. He had to admit, Salazar had taste. The stones were of dark grey with many gargoyles lining up against the cavern walls. At the end, he saw a man's face with his mouth open, showing a tunnel inside.

Remembering the directions Tom provided, he called out to the basilisk.

"Hey, come out, Basilisk. I know it's been a long time since you've been let out, would you like to go play?" Harry said

He was unsure if Harry was speaking normal or in his newfound language. Wishing he knew the difference, he prayed the snake didn't die of old age. Harry heard movements coming from within the man's mouth and felt the floor vibrating against his feet moments later and he smirked. He had not needed to worry about the snake dying of old age and moved forward towards the snake and stopped midstep. The snake's head of what seemed the size of a pig, peered out, looking at his feet as he crawled out.

"So hungry, feed me, I wants sssomething elsse than mice and doxiesss," the snake said, moving his body in huge waves and stopped, not staring into his new master.

"Er-/-you'll eat soon enough,/" Harry said, "How do you know not to look in my eyes and not your enemy?"

"My old massster's presssence forewarned me that you would be coming. Now, let me out, I want to eat flesssh. I sssmell blood in the room behind yoou," the snake said, moving around Harry and inched towards the room where Draco was.

"No, you do not eat my friend who is in there. I want you to scare the school. Not eat them," Harry said.

"Friend? /No feeding?/" asked the snake, his head moving back towards Harry, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes, don't eat the students, or kill them," Harry replied, tensing up when he sensed that the snake didn't sound pleased.

He took a step back, watching the giant snake that must have been about thirty feet long. The size of the snake was amazing, he had to admit and the scales looked grosteque in a beautiful way. The two studied each other, the snake flicking his tail once, showing impatience.

"Humans, they are tassty," the snake said, moving towards the room, "I will not eat your friend. /I will eat as I please./"

"No, if you do, I won't let you out again," Harry said.

"/Fine, I will do as you say," /the snake said after a moment of tensed silence.

Five seconds later, the snake disappeared and the blond ran inside the room, his face pale and eyes wide with fear.

"Th-tha-that's huge! It must be centuries old..." Draco babbled, pointing to the room where the snake disappeared.

"Of course it's a few centuries old. Didn't you remember our research from earlier today? They reproduce every four-hundred years asexually."

"R-right, but I didn't expect them to be that big! How can the snake get around undetected?"

"Easy, using the pipes," Harry replied, waving his wand and conjured two hard chairs then sat down.

He wished he could conjure a plush couch but he wasn't that advanced yet. He looked to the room where the entrance is and felt a jolt within himself and Harry looked at Draco

Draco looked besides himself, wringing his hands together, looking at the entrance to the school. He looked at Harry, breathing fast.

"Will the snake k-kill someone?" asked Draco, eyes widening. "Oh Merlin, I didn't think... This is actually happening."

"I forgot to mention, how are we getting out?" Harry asked, ignoring Draco's question.

"I-I don't know," Draco said, his skin growing paler. "Are we going to die? I don't want to be that snake's food!"

"Stop freaking out, at this rate, you'll turn into a ghost by the way you're paling. Besides I--I told the snake not to kill someone. At least, not yet..." Harry said, smirking at his friend. "And we'll get out somehow."

Draco blushed, looking away, "Don't you think we should write the message on the wall now?"

"No, I think I will let the snake have its fun first," Harry replied, "I pity the poor thing. Haven't ate anything but mice and doxies for at least half a century. We'll have to bring down some food for the snake to eat."

Draco scrunched his face at the mention of mice and doxies as meals. He looked around, blinking as he studied the detail of each gargoyle and the man at the end.

"Wow, this is a cool place, Harry," Draco said.

"Yeah it is," Harry said, looking for a topic to talk about.

The snake came crawling back and stopped ten meters from Harry, its tail flickering in anger.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, frowning at the demeanor.

"I wasss not able to feed, I almossst ate a boy when I felt a dreadful presssence. Ssso I had to flee. That man hasss not left Hogwartsss, I am mossssst dissspleasssed," the snake replied, tongue lashing out in fury.

"I told you not to eat anyone yet," Harry admonished the basilisk. "And who was it?"

"/Dumbledore/," the snake spat out the name.

"I see... You'll be able to feed, not students. Maybe I can find some creature for you to eat. I'll come and free you around the same time we first met, so you can continue to scare the school."

"I don't like the idea but that soundsss nice, I will sssee you tomorrow," the snake said, crawling back toward the mouth and disappeared within the tunnel.

"What happened? Did he get someone?" asked Draco, wringing his hands together, staring after the snake.

"No, he had to flee. Dumbledore was coming," Harry replied, crossing his arms.

Draco calmed down visibly, nodding.

"Well, let's go write that message," Draco said, standing up and frowned.

"You know, this plan really can proceed if Dumbledore is unable to stop the attacks and my father gets him /de-/Headmaster," Draco said with a grin.

"Well, naturally, let's hope your father becomes a Headmaster," Harry said, standing up.

With a wave of his wand, the sofa disappeared and the two boys began trekking back to the room where they entered.

"This is going to be interesting," Harry said, looking around for a way to get back up.

He knew he was miles under Hogwarts, if the long ride down was any indicator of how far below ground they were. He sighed exasperatedly, wishing he would have had asked the snake how to get himself out. Blinking in realization, he took the journal out bookmarked with the same quill he used for the journal entries.

Hey Tom, how do you get out of Chamber of Secrets?

I was wondering when you would ask that. To get out, the spell is Reveriotolas, which allows one wizard to go up a long pipe. Salazar invented this spell and naturally isn't used for anything else except to clean dirty pipes. So, how did it go?

Not too well, the snake couldn't scare anyone because Dumbledore was coming. He was close though.

Hm, I wonder who's the first petrified victim then. That's a good way to scare the school.

Petrified? Interesting, I suppose we'll find out in a bit, I'd wager. Okay, I'm going to go back up and write the message as you said I should.

Bye

Bye, I'll write if anything else comes up.

Harry shut the journal, taking his wand out as he tucked the journal along with the map.

"The spell is Reveriotolas," Harry said.

"Oh, that cleaning pipe spell, of course. How could have I forgotten. My father mentioned the spell to me before he handed you the diary. You point at yourself and say the word. Like so, reveriotolas," Draco said, and began floating up the pipe.

Harry did the same to himself and went back up the pipe after Draco. Minutes later, he found himself in the bathroom again, with the sink closing up behind him. Smirking at Draco at their little adventure, the two exited the bathroom, thankful that the ghost never came out. Harry raised his hand, remembering something and pulled his friend back into the bathroom.

"What?" snapped Draco.

"Nearly forgotten, we can't get caught now," Harry said, pulling the map out.

"Oh, right."

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good," Harry muttered, tapping the paper with his wand. He smirked at Draco at the phrase in which to activate the map. It would never get old.

After studying the map, he noticed a student was in the Hospital Wing, surrounded by four different staff members. Harry smirked, pointing to the student's name to Draco. The blond boy read the name and let out a short laugh gleefully.

"Looks like scaring the school has begun," Harry said wryly.

"Percival Weasley!" Draco said, "I wonder if he'll ever wake up. He's petrified, right?"

"Maybe," Harry shrugged, going back to studying the map again. Realizing that no one was near their corridor, he nodded to Draco."Let's go see if Weasley is petrified, then we can write the message."


"Won't we get caught?"

"Not if we have this map," Harry said.

They walked, watching the map every minute or so as they journeyed to the Hospital Wing and stopped when Dumbledore and Professor Sprout neared them. The two boys slipped into an alcove, listening on their conversation as the two adults came closer near them.

"...take at least eight months to make the batch for Mr. Weasley," Professor Sprout said. "I wonder what petrified him."

"I wonder too," Dumbledore said, "I'm only hoping it is not a repeat of events of fifty years ago, one student..." their voices trailed off.

Harry looked at Draco, smirking, "Eight months? That gives us /plenty /of time to scare the school."

"Yeah, let's do the message now," Draco said, grinning mischievously.

"Mischief managed," Harry said, pocketing the map again.

The two boys exited and came to the wall opposite the alcove. With a slight nod to each other, they began engraving the letters into the wall with magic. After less than two minutes of writing the message, the two boys backed away and smirked at their handy work.

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Mudbloods, blood traitors and muggle-lovers, beware. Let Percival Weasley be a warning to you all.

Without another word, the two disappeared off to the dungeons, knowing they were about to raise hell in all of Hogwarts tomorrow.
BODY, P, DIV, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, ADDRESS, OL, UL, LI, TITLE, TD, OPTION, SELECT { font-family: Times New Roman } BODY, P, DIV, ADDRESS, OL, UL, LI, TITLE, TD, OPTION, SELECT { font-size: 12.0pt; margin-top:0pt; margin-bottom:0pt; } BODY, P { margin-left:0pt; margin-right:0pt; } BODY { background: white; margin: 6px; padding: 0px; } h6 { font-size: 10pt } h5 { font-size: 11pt } h4 { font-size: 12pt } h3 { font-size: 13pt } h2 { font-size: 14pt } h1 { font-size: 16pt } blockquote { padding: 10px; border: 1px #DDDDDD dashed } a img { border: 0; } table.zeroBorder { border-width: 1px 1px 1px 1px; border-style: dotted dotted dotted dotted; border-color: gray gray gray gray; } table.zeroBorder th { border-width: 1px 1px 1px 1px; border-style: dotted dotted dotted dotted; border-color: gray gray gray gray; } table.zeroBorder td { border-width: 1px 1px 1px 1px; border-style: dotted dotted dotted dotted; border-color: gray gray gray gray; } .hiddenStyle { visibility: hidden; position: absolute; z-Index: 1; paddingRight: 0; background: white } .misspell { background-image: url('/images/misspell.gif'); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position: bottom } @media screen { .pb { border-top: 1px dashed #C0C0C0; border-bottom: 1px dashed #C0C0C0 } .writely-comment { font-size: 9pt; line-height: 1.4em; padding: 1px; border: 1px dashed #C0C0C0 } } @media print { .pb { border-top: 0px; border-bottom: 0px } .writely-comment { display: none } } @media screen,print { .pb { height: 1px } }
Disclaimer: JK Rowling and all her publishers own Harry Potter. All of this is written for entertainment purposes only.

‽When can we go?” asked Draco, peering around a corner.




‽After that filth Filch leaves,” Harry replied, glancing at the map he was holding in his hands.




He watched the name Argus Filch walk away from them, and saw a wandering Mrs. Norris was still several corridors away. Harry saw Filch turn, effectively disappearing from their line of sight. He checked for anyone else near them and nodded the all clear.




The two boys had attended their first day of classes that day and after an hour of discussing their plan, went out. Harry was proud that he'd nicked a certain map last year from those annoying Gryffindor Weasley twins. Smirking, he looked at Draco.




‽Mischief managed! Let†s go,” Harry said, pocketing the map as the two second years went down the hall and opened the girl†s bathroom, ignoring the sign that it was out of order. He looked behind him and saw Draco looking around suspiciously, closing the door behind him.




‽Don†t act like that, Draco. People will think you†re up to something.”




Harry looked for the snake on one of the faucets and smirked, spotting the reptile. He had to hurry, the two of them didn†t want to be disturbed by the Mudblood's ghost just now.




‽Open,” Harry said, but the sink didn†t respond.




Harry frowned, peering closer to the snake engraved in the metal, and tried again. ‽/Open.”/




Draco let out a gasp as the sink started sinking into the ground. Harry raised an eyebrow at him, wondering what was the matter.




‽Youâ€"you just hissed at it!”




‽Hissed? I said open, Draco. Your hearing must be going,” he said, preparing to jump in.




‽Noâ€"wait, I know what this is, you†re a parselmouth!” Draco exclaimed, pointing at his friend.




‽A what, Malfoy?” Harry asked, pausing his jump, turning to him.




‽You can talk to snakes!” Draco said, the look in his eyes turning to awe.




Unnerved, Harry raised an eyebrow as he moved away from him.




‽Malfoy, stop that,” he snapped, ‽You know I hate those looks.”




Draco shook himself, scratching his cheek nervously, ‽Sorry. It's just, the ability to speak parseltongue is incredibly rare. One of the most famous parselmouths was Salazar himself. That's why our house symbol's a snake. You didn't know?”


"No..." Harry muttered. 'This really must make me the Heir of Slytherin, just like Tom said...' It made him feel stronger about going through with the Basilisk plan.

"Should we go in now?" asked Draco, nervousness creeping into his voice when he peered into the pipe below.


‽Yeah. Just be careful not to look into the Basilisk eyes,” Harry said, jumping into the pipe.




He rode down the pipe for what seemed like minutes and was finally deposited at the bottom of the slide. He blinked, wondering just now how he would be able to get out. Five seconds later, Draco arrived next to Harry, his face scrunched up.




‽My clothes are ruined,” Draco said, frowning at the dirt and grime on his clothes.




‽They are not,” Harry said, rolling his eyes, ‽A few simple cleaning spells will do. Now be quiet. Tom said that I have to engage the snake before you can come near it. Now that I think about it, I guess it†s handy being able to talk to snakes. Don†t want to get eaten…”




Draco swallowed noisily as Harry moved forward, down a tunnel with a giant snake skin on the floor. Draco swallowed again. Harry moved past and inspected a door with snakes. He looked for a doorknob and frowned.




‽How can we open this…” Harry muttered to himself, ‽Ah right. Maybe this…”




Harry studied the snakes and uttered the word â€~/open,†/ and the door begin to open outward. Satisfied, he glanced at Draco with a look that told him to stay put. Harry moved forward, leaving his friend behind. He looked around in the giant chasm that was the Chambers of Secrets. He had to admit, Salazar had taste. The stones were of dark grey with many gargoyles lining up against the cavern walls. At the end, he saw a man†s face with his mouth open, showing a tunnel inside.




Remembering the directions Tom provided, he called out to the basilisk.




‽/Hey, come out, Creature of Chambers. I know it†s been a long time since you†ve been let out, would you like to go play?/” Harry said




He was unsure if Harry was speaking normal or in his newfound language. Wishing he knew the difference, he hoped the snake hadn†t died of old age. Harry heard movements coming from within the statue†s mouth and felt the floor vibrating against his feet moments later and he smirked. He moved forward towards the snake and stopped midstep. The snake†s head, about the size of a pig, peered out, looking at his feet as he slithered out.




‽/So hungry, feed me, I want something big, something filling,/” the snake said, moving his body in huge waves and stopped, not looking into his new master's eyes.




‽Er-/-you†ll eat soon enough,/” Harry said, ‽/How do you know not to look in my eyes? That I'm not your enemy?/”




‽/My old master†s presence forewarned me that you would be coming. Now, let me out, I want to eat flesh. I smell blood in the room behind you,/” the snake said, moving around Harry and inching towards the room where Draco was.




‽/No, you can not eat my friend who is in there. I only want you to scare the school. Not eat them. Or kill them,/” Harry said.




‽/Friend?/ /No feeding?/” asked the snake, his head moving back towards Harry, avoiding eye contact.


"Yes, don't eat the students, or kill them," Harry replied, tensing up when he sensed that the snake wasn't pleased.



He took a step back, watching the giant snake


. The size of the snake was amazing, he had to admit, and the scales looked beautiful in a grotesque way. The two studied each other, the snake flicking his tail once, showing impatience.





"Humans, they are ta//sty,” the snake said, moving towards the room, ‽I will not eat your friend, but /I will eat as I please."/





"No, if you do, then/ I won't let you out again," Harry said.
"I want you to go carefully through the pipes, scare some students if you can, then come right back. Don't look at them directly. If you do that, I'll keep letting you out."/



After a moment of tense silence, the snake said, "Very well, I will do as you bid."



Seconds later, the snake disappeared and Draco ran inside the room, his face pale and eyes wide with fear.




‽Th-tha-that†s huge! It must be centuries old…” Draco babbled, pointing to the room where the snake had disappeared.




‽Of course it†s centuries old. Don†t you remember our research from earlier today? The monster was Slytherin's pet.”




‽R-right, but I didn†t expect it to be that big! How will it be able to get around undetected?"




‽Easy, it'll use the pipes,” Harry replied, waving his wand and conjuring two hard chairs, then sitting down.




He wished he could conjure a plush couch, but he wasn†t that advanced yet. He looked to the room where the entrance was and felt a jolt within himself, looking at Draco.


Draco seemed beside himself, wringing his hands together, looking at the entrance to the school. He looked at Harry, breathing fast.

"Will the snake k-kill someone?” asked Draco, eyes widening more. "Oh Salazar, I didn't think... This is actually happening."




‽I forgot to mention, how are we getting out?” Harry asked, ignoring Draco's question.




‽Iâ€"I don†t know,” Draco said, his skin growing paler. ‽Why don't you know? Are we going to die? I don†t want to be that snake†s food!”




‽Stop freaking out. You're as pale as a ghost. Besides I--I told the snake not to kill anyone. At least, not yet...” Harry said, smirking at his friend. ‽But hopefully it'll at least petrify someone. And we†ll get out somehow.”




Draco blushed, looking away, ‽Don†t you think we should still try something to get out? Seriously, I really don't want to die in here."





"Draco, stop panicking. I'm going to let the snake have its fun first. Then we can go.” Harry replied, ‽I pity the poor thing. Probably hasn't eaten anything in forever but rats and whatever else wandered down here. We'll have to bring down some food for the snake to eat.”




Draco scrunched his face at the mention of bringing the thing meals. He looked around, blinking as he studied the detail of each gargoyle and the statue at the end.




‽T-this a cool place, Harry,” Draco said.




‽Yeah it is,” Harry replied.



The snake came slithering back and stopped a few meters from Harry, its tail flickering in anger.




‽/What†s wrong?/” Harry asked, frowning.




‽/I was not able to feed, I almost ate a boy, I had him frozen before me, when I felt a dreadful presence. So I had to flee. That man has not left Hogwarts, I am most displeased,/” the snake replied, tongue lashing out in fury.




‽/I told you not to eat anyone,"/ Harry admonished the basilisk. "And /what are you talking about?/”




‽/Dumbledore/,” the snake spat out the name.




‽/I see...okay,/ y/ou†ll be able to feed, but not on students. Maybe I can find some animals for you to eat. I†ll come and free you around the same time again, so you can continue to scare the school./”




‽/I don't like not feeding, but that sounds all right. I will see you tomorrow,/” the snake said, crawling back toward the mouth and disappearing within the tunnel.




‽What happened? Did he get someone?” asked Draco, wringing his hands together, staring after the snake.




‽No, he had to flee. Dumbledore was coming,” Harry replied, crossing his arms.




Draco calmed down visibly, nodding.




‽Well, let†s go write that message," Harry said, standing up.




‽You know, this plan really might proceed if Dumbledore is unable to stop the attacks. My father will have him fired immediately,” Draco said with a slightly nervous grin.




‽And, naturally, let†s hope your father becomes the Headmaster,” Harry said. "From what you said about him, he sounds like a nice man."





With a wave of Harry's wand, the chairs disappeared and the two boys began trekking back to where they had first come in.


‽This is going to be interesting,” Harry said, looking around for a way to get back up.




He knew he was miles under Hogwarts, if the long ride down was any indicator of how deep underground they were. He sighed exasperatedly, wishing he would have thought to ask the snake how to get himself out. Blinking in realization, he took out the journal, which was bookmarked with the same quill he'd used for the journal entries.




Hey Tom, how do you get out of Chamber?




I was wondering when you would ask that. To get out, the spell is Reveriotolas, which allows one wizard to go up a long pipe. Salazar invented this spell and it wasn†t really used for anything except cleaning dirty pipes. So, how did it go?




All right, the snake couldn†t eat anyone because Dumbledore was coming. He was close though.




Hm, I wonder might be the first petrified victim, if anyone looked. That's a good way to scare the school.




I suppose we†ll find out in a bit, I†d wager. Okay, I†m going to go back up and write the message as you said I should.




Wonderful. Goodbye, Harry.




Bye, I†ll write if anything else comes up.




Harry shut the journal, taking his wand out as he tucked the journal along with the map.




‽The spell is Reveriotolas,” Harry said. "Point your wand at yourself, I guess, and say it."




‽Uh, okay. /Reveriotolas,/” Draco said, and began floating up the pipe.




Harry paused a moment and lifted his wand to himself and winced as his right arm ached as he applied the spell to go back up the pipe after Draco. Minutes later, he found himself in the bathroom again, with the sink closing up behind him. Smirking at Draco about their little adventure, the two exited the bathroom, thankful that the ghost had never came out. Harry raised his hand, remembering something, and pulled his friend back into the bathroom.




‽What?” snapped Draco.




‽Nearly forgot, we can†t get caught now,” Harry said, pulling the map out.




‽Oh, right.”




‽I solemnly swear I am up to no good,” Harry muttered, tapping the paper with his wand.




After studying the map, he noticed a student was in the Hospital Wing, surrounded by four different staff members. Harry pointed to the student†s name. Draco read the name and let out a short, gleeful laugh.


"Looks like the scaring of the school has begun," Harry said wryly.

‽Percival /Weasley!/” Draco said, ‽I wonder if he†ll ever wake up. He†s petrified, right?”




"Maybe," Harry shrugged, going back to studying the map again. Realizing that no one was near their corridor, he nodded to Draco. "Let's go see if Weasley is petrified, then we can write the message."





"Won't we get caught?"

"Not if we have this map," Harry said.

They walked, watching the map every minute or so as they journeyed to the Hospital Wing. They stopped when Dumbledore and Professor Sprout neared them. The two boys slipped into an alcove, listening to the conversation as the two adults came closer to them.

"...take months for the mandrakes to be ready for Mr. Weasley," Professor Sprout said. "Just...I wonder what petrified him."

"I wonder too," Dumbledore said, "I can only hope it is not a repeat of events of fifty years ago...One student..." their voices trailed off.

Harry looked at Draco, a smile on his lips. "Months? That gives us /plenty /of time to scare the school."

"Yeah. Let's do the message now," Draco said, grinning mischievously.

‽Mischief managed,” Harry said, pocketing the map again.




The two boys walked over to the wall opposite the alcove. With a slight nod to each other, they began engraving the letters into the wall with magic. After writing the message, the two boys backed away and smirked at their handy work.




The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Mudbloods, blood traitors, and muggle-lovers, beware. Let Percival Weasley be a warning to you all.




Without another word, the two disappeared off to the dungeons, knowing hell was about to be raised in Hogwarts.
Sign up to rate and review this story