Categories > Original > Fantasy

The story of Belial

by FullMetalKuraChan 0 reviews

--Please Review-- The story of the Mad Hatter of Belial from Angel Sanctuary.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2005-10-08 - Updated: 2005-10-09 - 977 words - Complete

0Unrated
CREATED: Sunday, September 04, 2005 4:37:30 AM

Once upon a time there was a large family of butterflies. It was said that only certain people were allowed to see a butterfly spread their lovely wings, but there was only one who would spread her wings for anyone. She had been dubbed the most beautiful of all the insects. She craved for the attention that was given by people that passed her by.

Only people of royal blood were allowed to see a butterfly outstretch its wings and flash the person's wanting eyes the colourful dust, neatly set in place on paper thin attachments. Though the one beautiful butterfly gave no thought about it. She spread her wings for anyone. Just as long as she got the attention of being beautiful. Though, there were some that only wanted to see her only to catch her, lock her up. Stick pins into those lovely wings and then watch her scream in pain and starve as she was put on display. Those people were killed instantly.

One day, all of the attention the pretty butterfly craved swelled inside of her. She waited eagerly for anyone - even an untainted child - just as long as someone would swoon over her beauty. One person came, a butterfly collector. She did the usual to these type of humans, and teasingly opened her wings.

Sweat built up on the catcher's brow, his hand gripping onto the weather beaten net tightly. Unable to hold back, he swung at her, she would be a lovely addition to his wall.

The loveliest butterfly smirked on the inside and with a flash of light, the catcher was dead immediately. She could feel eyes on her back and she turned. A man stood before her, he was looking down at her and the dead corpse of the catcher.

"You harlot for attention," the man's voice was hard and chilly as he spoke to the butterfly.

The butterfly seethed with rage. "How dare you!" she snapped at him. "I am no harlot! Do you not know true beauty when you see it?!" she flaunted him her large, and colourful wings.

The man stared down at the pitiful, yet stunning bug. "Since ancient time... butterflies have been seen as incarnations of proud souls, whose beautiful forms tempt those who see them. And whose poisonous powder sends those who try to capture them down a cliff of death." he then finished, "But I've heard your butterfly spreads its wings for anybody [copied from Angel Sanctuary]." he then smiled and by snapping his fingers, the butterfly beauty died and became human.

Besides the garter belt and hat, her pale, thin body was bare. There was also a tattoo of her former self on her left upper thigh that was coloured in with loud oranges, reds, and black. In shock, her covered her nude form and snapped, "H--How dare you!! C-Change me back, now!" but the man was gone.

Thus once again, the beautiful butterfly lived her years in human form as a curse for her sinful actions. Although, instead of flaunting dust covered wings, she flaunted off her new body, whoring it to any willing and unwilling men. If the unwilling attempted to tattle, she would kill them like she did with the butterfly catchers.

One day, the beautiful woman was caught in the act, sitting backed against a wall after ridding the world of the unwilling man she seduced.

"Just like when you were a mere insect." the familiar voice said to her. "Dressed in a garter belt and a hat."

She glared up at the man from the ground. "So we meet again," she said to him.

"Yes.. so we -do- meet again." the evil said. "But I see you'll never learn." he shrugged her awful deed off, and with a snap of his fingers, he sent them both of hell.

Hot and cold flashed ate at the human butterfly's skin. She gasped for air and tried to warm her flesh. As she heard the man's fingers snap again, her body was enveloped in a long black dress, boots, and a brand-new hat. Her breath soon came back to her.

"And because of you're unlearned lesson, instead of being a whore, you will work for me. You are not needed in that world. You're nothing there." he cupped her face in his hand. "You will soon forget everything, even your past form as an insect. You will be unsure of yourself." and then he left her.

As she spent her days in Hell, she noticed that she was flourishing back into something more, and that night, there on her pillow was a vile. She popped the top open, and three pretty capsules dropped into her palm. Without hesitation, she swallowed them down.

The very next day, she was visited by the man.

"I see you're taking everything as expected." he said to her.

"What do you want with me?"

"You work for me now," he said again. "You shouldn't talk to your demon lord like that." one last time, he snapped his fingers.

Nothing happened.

"And what did that do?"

He looked down at her "You have be given a place here in Hell, you will be the first of the Seven Satans, Belial. You are the meaning of being unworthy, worthlessness. You are now nothing."

_END_

- - -

Inspired by the song: "Leyata" - Malice Mizer

The grammar is probably poor in this, and it's probably a little chopped, I'm sorry for that ^^;

I'm a big fan of the anime Angel Sanctuary, and one of my absolute favourite cahracters is the Mad Hatter, or Belial, the first of the Seven Saints. The Mad Hatter's tale just seems so interesting to me, so I thought I would put my head to the test and make a small clip about him/her ^_^. I do hope you like it!
Sign up to rate and review this story