Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Romance Is A Very Strange Thing

Why do you care?

by ThePatient 2 reviews

-is refused-

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-03-25 - Updated: 2007-03-25 - 1304 words

0Unrated
The day seemed to pass quicker for Gerard and Abby. They hadn't really chatted since 1st period but had arranged to meet up at Gerard's house that night to work on the English project together. When Abby arrived at the Way household she was greeted by a tall, slender woman at the front door. She didn't look a day over 25 and was calling out to a man who had just driven away in his car. She walked to the front door.
"Hi, is Gerard here?" Abby asked timidly. The woman looked at her. She nodded.
"You must be Abby? Only I was under the impression you were Mikey's friend? It's Mikey that hasn't stopped taking..." She was interrupted half way through her sentence.
"Hey Abby! Mum Gerard's in the Kitchen again." Mikey said. Abby looked at Mikey puzzled. Gerard was in the kitchen. What was the matter with that?
"Oh lord! How many times must I tell that boy not to go in there! I shall never forget the last time....oh well I better go get him out!" She sighed. Mikey laughed and moved aside to let Abby come in. Abby walked into a dark red hallway with two sets of stairs. One going down to a basement which's door was wide open and she could just see a black carpet floor. Another set going upstairs which was decorated with the same dark red. On a mantle piece that was attached to the set of stairs going up were four photos. 2 of Gerard and Mikey when they were 5 and 2 of Gerard and Mikey now. She giggled at the picture of Gerard when he was young.
"Find something funny?" Asked a voice behind her. She turned to see Gerard behind her. She shook her head and shrugged. "Mikey why did you go and snitch to mum? I only wanted a soda! I think I can get a drink when I need one!" He said exasperated. Mikey stared hard into his brothers eyes.
"Well the last time you went in the kitchen the whole house nearly burned down." He said smugly and glanced at Abby. Realization came into Gerard's eyes.
"Oh I see. I know why you did it. Well sorry to inform you Romeo but she's here to work on our, as in mine and her's, English project." He said smirking. Abby was confused. Was he talking about her? She shook her head. No of course not.
"Ummm Gerard. Should we start?" She asked unsure of what to think of the convocation that had just took place.
"Ha-ha! Sure darling!" He gave her a half smile, "C'mon. My room's on the basement. Only it's more like my own flat darling." Abby smiled. She kinda liked that nick-name. She walked down the stairs and glanced back at Mikey. He was giving Gerard a cold, hard stair full of hatred. She shrugged her shoulders and continued down the stairs. Gerard was right. It was more like his own flat! He had a double bed in the middle of the room, three desks spread out with papers on them and one with a computer, a large closet which Abby didn't see why since most of his clothes were on the floor. He had his own on suit bathroom with shower and bath and even had a small living area with a TV, red three piece suite and two red chairs. The floor was a black carpet and the walls were deep deep red. Gerard walked over to one of the desks and cleared some space.
"Dump your stuff anywhere. Then we can get started." He told Abby. Abby put her bag on the floor then threw her hoodie on one of the chairs. She walked over to Gerard.
"So what are we going to do for this project?" She asked Gerard. Gerard just shrugged. Abby sighed. "Well I was thinking maybe we could do Romeo and Juliet since we have to do Shakespeare." She pulled a face. Gerard got out a fag, lit it and nodded slowly at her suggestion.
"Sure thing Darling," He said slowly, "What were you thinking?"
"Well since your such a good artist maybe you could draw two hearts one red and one black standing for love and hate then have Romeo and Juliet at the top of the page. And I will write the presentation okay?" She rattled off. Gerard soaked in all she had said.
"Yeah nice idea darling..." He was interrupted by Mikey calling for him. He sighed and ran upstairs. From the basement Abby could hear shouting then Gerard came down the stairs looking major pissed off. "Maybe you should go now darling, I'll get started on the project soon." He said. Abby nodded, grabbed her hoodie and left. Gerard sat on the bed and sighed. He really liked this Abby girl and wanted to get to know her or maybe more../No! She doesn't like you Gerard! Don't go and get yourself hurt again! She's just working on the project with you. After that she'll go and change again. She probably hates you!/ He thought to himself. Tears slowly slid down his cheeks. He knew he was right. She did hate him. No one would ever like him. He was stupid for thinking that. By now the tears had turned into sobs. He lifted his head out of his hands and saw his razor on the bedside table. It looked rusty from the blood on it. He picked it up. His hands shook. Then he remembered how she had looked at him that morning. It was a horrible cold stare full of hate. He brought the razor down and it made contact with his arm. He heard a gasp from the door way and looked up. Abby was standing in the door. She stared at Gerard then looked down to where he was bleeding. In a flash Gerard had slammed her up against the wall. His face inches away from hers.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" He shouted at her even though he was so close. She just kept staring at her. "Answer me Abby! Why the fuck did you come back here?!?"
"Gerard get off of me! You're hurting me! Get off!" Abby whimpered. Gerard didn't release his grip.
"Why are you here?" He growled. Abby could feel Gerard's warm blood trickling down her throat. She looked at him concerned.
"I forgot my bag." She told him. He let go of her. He walked over to the bed, sat down on it and put his head in his hands. "Gerard? Gerard why did you do that? Why did you hurt yourself?" She asked him, her voice full of concern. Gerard lifted his head and looked up at her. She saw that new tears were trickling down his cheeks. She walked over to him and studied the wound. "C'mon." Was all she said. She led him to the bathroom where she cleaned up the blood and put a bandage round his wrist. She slowly stroked his arm.
"Abby?" She looked up at Gerard. Her gaze met his. "Why do you care about me? Just, why do you care?" He asked quietly never leaving her gaze. She lowered her head.
"Because I hate seeing my friends hurting. Weather it's on the inside or outside." She whispered. Gerard held her head up. He gazed into her deep blue eyes. Gerard stood up and pulled Abby up as well. Never losing his gaze he made they lips meet. Abby was shocked. Was she really kissing him? She thought he hated her. She felt Gerard go to pull away when she kissed back. When they finally pulled apart Abby looked up at Gerard. She noticed something in the mirror though. Mikey was standing in the doorway. He nodded then left.
Sign up to rate and review this story