Categories > Original > Drama > When Worlds Collide

Ver

by MarthAltea 0 reviews

Clay, his father, Natalie White, Kevin, and one of the orchestra's conductors are the first to be affected by this crossover...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-26 - Updated: 2007-03-27 - 2420 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Ver

(Clay)

Clay Waters sat in the front seat of his dad's F-150. He was wearing a red shirt and his designer Girbaud jean shorts, which had velcro straps with "M+FG" written on them. He had just come from getting his hair cut, and he hated how it looked. He had wanted them to take only an inch off of his hair, yet when the girl had finished, it looked like they had removed two inches from his hair. Looking at himself in the mirror, he remarked that he looked like Buddy Holly.

He looked at the clock. It read 7:15PM. The Hazelwood orchestra would be performing in the auditorium of the New Albany High School at 7:30PM. Normally he would not have been interested in seeing an orchestra perform, but his girlfriend, Natalie White, was part of the orchestra, and he was eager to show his support for her.

Clay's father stopped the car at a red light. Just then, there was a soft clicking noise directly behind Clay's seat. Almost instantly, he turned around to see what had happened. A young man of roughly twenty-nine, with hair about as long as Clay's had been before his hair had been cut, a slightly yellowish skin tone, slanted eyes, and glasses sat in the back seat of the truck.

"OH! Bob Saget!" Clay yelped. He was looking at Ryu- the character from the story he was writing! "DAD! Look in the back seat!" he blurted out in surprise. Clay's father turned around. Upon seeing that there was someone in the back seat, he jumped.

"Who the hell are you?!" Mr. Waters asked Ryu, in shock that someone had appeared in his car without any rhyme or reason as to why. He pulled off into the parking lot of a nearby bank.

"...um...good evening?" Ryu said, tensely greeting Clay and his father. Ryu had no idea who either of the two people in the truck were, though he could have sworn that Clay's face looked familiar.

"Good evening...your name wouldn't happen to be Dennis Ryunosuke Balan, would it?" Clay asked the man in the back seat. He was quite sure that it was Ryu, but he wanted to be absolutely certain.

"Yes...wait, how'd you know what my name is?" Ryu responded, somewhat confused as to how Clay knew who he was.

"I know who you are because you're the main character of the story I'm writing." Clay replied, solemnly. "Does the name Burning Fire ring a bell?" Clay continued. Again, the name sounded familiar, but Ryu couldn't put his finger on where it came from or what it meant.

"I see..." Ryu said. He became pensive, and the expression on his face changed to reflect this. "So it is true...There's other worlds besides my own." Ryu mused to himself. He wondered if his wife, Catherine, had turned up anywhere near where he was right now.

Clay's father shrugged. "Well, Ryu, since you're here, perhaps we should take you along with us to the orchestra concert. Do you like classical music?" Mr. Waters asked Ryu. He nodded.

"Yes, sir...I do." Ryu replied, for he was a lover of classical music. Reaching back into his memory, he remembered the alarm clock he had in high school that played the 1812 Overture every time it went off. The orphanage that he lived in as a kid might not have been the best place to live, but those were certainly some of the best times of his life.

"You're going to love this, then...the Hazelwood Middle School orchestra is putting on a performance tonight. My girlfriend, Natalie White, is part of the orchestra, as a violinist, and I want to hear her perform." Clay told Ryu as Mr. Waters drove the car back onto the main road and started back toward the New Albany High School.

(Natalie White)

Natalie White stood in the room to the side of the auditorium of New Albany High. She was waiting for the beginning of the concert. She had her beautiful golden blonde hair in a ponytail for the performance. For the concert, she was required to wear a blue polo shirt and light brown pants, and the rest of her peers in the orchestra had to wear the same uniform. While the rest of her friends were conversing among themselves, Natalie had isolated herself from them. She didn't know the reason that she felt this way, but something felt very wrong.

She looked down at the floor, brooding. A week from now, the orchestra was going all the way down to Disneyworld to play in front of a live audience. Natalie was one of the violinists in the orchestra, along with her friend Kevin and many others. The event tonight was a practice, if you will, for the orchestra's performance at Disneyworld. She knew that she needed all the practice she could get- she didn't want to mess up in front of a crowd of people.

Kevin, noticing that Natalie had kept to herself for quite a whilet, walked over to where she was standing. "Natalie, what's up? You've been standing over here by yourself for quite a while." he inquired.

"Oh...well... Kevin, something's wrong...I can tell." she replied. At this, she closed her eyes and shook her head. Whatever the trouble was, she could tell that it was extremely close to occuring.

"Hmm..." Kevin muttered. "Perhaps you're just nervous about the performance." he added.

"No, not at all. It's...hard to describe what I'm feeling." Natalie replied. If she had thought danger was extremely close to occuring just a few minutes ago, she now felt an overbearing sense of dread. So great was this damning feeling that she had literally begun to sweat.

Kevin, too, began to feel the same fear that burned in Natalie's mind. Evil lurked so close to the two of them that it could be felt all the way down in the center of one's heart. Kevin, too, became extremely tense. He began to shiver uncontrollably, and he grimaced.

Their fears were realized as the battle cry of a man was heard. Immediately after, the source of the shout, a lanky blue android, rushed into the room seemingly out of nowhere, causing Natalie to shriek and Kevin to jump roughly three feet in the air. He had blue armor, and his helmet had a transparent eyeguard which was red in color. At the back of his helmet was a mop of artificial-looking blue hair. In his hands he held a beam sword, and he had assumed a battle pose. Upon seeing Natalie, though, he lowered his sword and looked into her eyes. A devious smile spread over his face. His name was Dynamo.

"YOU!" Natalie shouted. Dynamo was the source of the fear that she and Kevin had been feeling. The reason that they were feeling such intense fear from him was that he seemed to radiate evil from every part of his body. Everyone else in the room stopped and looked toward him. He chuckled.

"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?" Dynamo asked Natalie, a sinister playfulness in his voice. The evil that Dynamo was giving off was making Natalie so tense that she reacted in anger.

"Quit trying to hit on me, you CREEP!" Natalie yelled at Dynamo. "I have a boyfriend!" she shouted.

"Oooh, a feisty one, you are!" Dynamo replied. "Just the type of broad I like!" he added, a sick glee in his voice. His smile became even wider and more devious

When Natalie heard the way that Dynamo had referred to her, it didn't take her more than a second to respond. Natalie slapped him across the face with all her might, producing a sharp cracking noise and a yelp from Dynamo. So hard was her blow that Dynamo was knocked over. He fell to the ground with a clank of metal, hand massaging the point of impact of Natalie's hand.

"You little bitch...What was that for?" he grumbled.

"For insulting me like that!" she retorted. "And the pathetic pick-up line you used on me didn't help any!" she continued.

"Fine...I thought I could complete my mission without resorting to violence...but you leave me no choice!" Dynamo coldly growled, the playfulness in his voice being replaced by rage and sadism. "Are you ready to die, little girl? ARE YOU READY TO DIE?!" he screamed as he drew his beam sword and charged towards Natalie. She shrieked and cowered as burning fear coursed through her veins.

Dynamo's attempt on Natalie's life was cut short. Kevin dove forward and tackled him to the tile floor. Again, there was a loud clank as he hit the ground. Kevin held him in a downed position and motioned for Natalie to begin attacking. She rushed forward and began to mercilessly beat Dynamo. Every punch that she landed, in her anger, left a dent on his armor. When she had tired of walloping him, however, she stood him up. Dynamo was slightly groggy from the rain of blows that had fallen on him, but it wasn't over yet

One of the conductors of the Hazelwood orchestra, Mr. O'Rourke, had been watching Kevin and Natalie fight against Dynamo. Wanting to help the two fight, but not entirely sure as to how, he was limited to watching the two thrash Dynamo. But after Natalie had picked Dynamo off the ground, Mr. O'Rourke hit on an idea.

"Natalie! Kevin! MOVE!" he shouted. Mr. O'Rourke rocketed forward, running as fast as his legs could carry him. When he was right next to Dynamo, Mr. O'Rourke stopped for a split second. He then threw a very hard kick at Dynamo, catching him directly in the crotch.

The shriek that Dynamo made just after that would have made Mariah Carey's highest singing voice seem like the lowest bass voice. His eyes immediately closed, and he staggered around for upwards of fifteen seconds before falling over. Mr. O'Rourke, Natalie, and Kevin stood over their thrice-downed foe.

"I didn't know that would work on a robot." Mr. O'Rourke said, surprised that his assault was so effective.

"Neither did I." Natalie replied. Kevin, however, was still angry.

"That's what you get when you try to screw with us." Kevin growled through gritted teeth. He spat on Dynamo to show his contempt. Dynamo groaned and rolled over on the ground, for it appeared to the people in the room that he lacked the strength to get up.

"This...isn't over!" Dynamo strained. He was right- it wasn't. All the dents on Dynamo's armor began to repair themselves as he was enshrouded in a wave of dark purple energy. This energy allowed Dynamo to stand up off of the ground and begin to levitate. His sinister, toxic frivolousness had begun to return to his voice.

"What the..." Mr. O'Rourke shouted.

"That's right, kiddies...playtime's not over yet! You see, my employer gave me a little upgrade- an energy storage tank- that I can use to revitalize myself at will!" Dynamo cackled. He drew his sword and sliced at Mr. O'Rourke, who was hit and flung into the wall.

"Gah...my arm!" Mr. O'Rourke grunted- there was a long gash on his arm from where the sword hit.

"Oh my..." Kevin yelped before Dynamo sliced at him twice, leaving an X-shaped series of cuts on Kevin's chest.

"Ha ha...bitches!" Dynamo exclaimed, looking at the wounded figures of Mr. O'Rourke and Kevin. "And now for my last trick...I'll just take the girl!" Dynamo continued. He holstered his sword and dashed forward, grabbing Natalie by the waist, and teleported away with her in tow.

"How the...How did he do that?" Mr. O'Rourke cried, in a mixture of pain and awe.

Kevin reached into his pocket. Slowly, he withdrew a cell-phone and flipped it open. Wincing all the while, he dialed Clay's number. Clay needed to know about what had happened to Natalie...his girlfriend.

"Hello?" Clay answered. He had just entered New Albany High.

"Clay...this is Kevin..." Kevin said, before yelping in pain.

"DUDE! What's wrong?!" Clay exclaimed into the reciever. It was obvious that Kevin was in great pain.

Kevin took a breath. "Some robot dude...wearing blue armor...long silvery-blue hair...a red visor over his eyes...carrying a sword...attacked us." he strained. On the other end of the receiver, Clay's eyes widened.

"I think I know who you're talking about...his name's Dynamo." Clay solemnly replied.

"How...did you know?" Kevin grunted.

"I've seen him before...He's not from around here, he's from another universe." Clay stated, his extensive knowledge of the Mega Man X series kicking in.

"Well...whoever he is...he attacked Mr. O'Rourke and I...and he stole away Natalie." Kevin said, his hand on his chest. Clay gasped.

"Oh...my God! That...BASTARD!" he screamed. Even though his father didn't like it when he cursed, Clay's father said nothing. "Where did he go?" Clay asked, in anger that the one he loved was stolen away from him.

"He...teleported away...We're in the back room...to the left of the auditorium..." Kevin groaned.

"I'll be there as quickly as I can, then! I'm in the building, I'll be there within a minute!" Clay said before shutting his cellphone. "Dad, I need you and Ryu to follow me into the back room." Clay stated, turning to his father and Ryu, who had followed him into the school. He then took off running towards the back room where the orchestra was.

"Ryu, follow me!" Clay's father told Ryu before running after his son. Ryu ran close behind. They arrived in the room to see Clay standing over a wounded Kevin. Mr. O'Rourke had stood up and was using his cell phone to call 911.

"Kevin...tell me more about what happened." Clay somberly asked Kevin. He explained what had happened to Clay slowly, for his wounds caused him so much pain that it was hard to focus. Clay nodded, then turned to Mr. O'Rourke.

"Nice kick, sir." he said. Mr. O'Rourke nodded and thanked him. "I really would like to do the same thing to that metal rat right about now..." he added. His wish was granted as he and Ryu were unexpectedly teleported away from the scene, into the place that Dynamo had escaped to. The room fell silent.

"...Clay?" Clay's father asked to the empty air.
Sign up to rate and review this story