Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog

Three Teartracks

by JesusKetchum31 1 review

Shadow the Hedgehog Speculation. Black Doom, the enigmatic leader of the Black Arms, reflects on his past with Shadow during a potential "Evil Ending" of the game. Obviously written before the game...

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror - Characters: Shadow, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2005-10-11 - Updated: 2005-10-11 - 472 words - Complete

1Insightful
Something in the back of my mind is saddened and ashamed.

I'm not sure I know how to feel, as he presents them to me. A part of me is happy, becusae my plan is finally within reach. A part of me is proud of him, for coming through on his promise-keeping his word. That's the Shadow I knew.

But somehow, a part of me is sad.

It was a part of me that I thought had died a long time ago...a part of me I wasn't sure still existed. Who knew that something within Black Doom could weep? And yet as he lays the green emerald at my feet, I find myself fighting back some liquid from my three eyes.

What was it that Maria had made him promise? To do what he did "for all those people..." to "give them a chance to be happy." And yet what was he doing here? He was putting their lives-all six billion lives-into my cold-blooded, murderous hands. Because he didn't remember.

He had forgotten the girl. The girl he would risk his life for, and he forgot her. That too, was sad. We've all lost someone we cared for... Some of us more recently than others. But somehow, knowing that not only is she dead, but that he forgot her... that almost makes me sad.

And then these new friends of his... these allies he betrayed for me, for a whisper of his past. The blue one, the red one, the one with wings... They all love him, dearly, deeply, and truly. And yet he sold them out for just a hint of where he came from. What a bastard Shadow is. What a bastard. What a true, terrible bastard.

That's what I love so much about him.

And what I hate.

I know that he's going to betray me. Once I give him what he wants, he'll try to take me out and go back. Or he'll try to throw me out and take over. Whatever he does, my days are numbered. He's that much of a bastard.

That's what kills me. That's what makes me cry. Shadow the Hedgehog is a murderous bastard, no matter how you cut it.

I guess seeing someone you love murdered can make you violent.

Being murdered can make you violent, too. It can make you angry, bitter, heartless, cold, and cruel. It can make you forget who you are. But it can never make you forget your friends... nor can it stop you from crying when they take the wrong path... Having been killed and recreated as a monster cannot stop, nor dull, the pain of discovering what a monster your best friend has become.

Maria weeps within me as he lays the last emerald on the ground... and I shed a tear, too.
Sign up to rate and review this story